• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: Sony Launches Its First PS5 And Xbox Series X-Friendly AV Receivers

daffyduck

I always wanted to ask the same question. I've heard about it but why not connect your devices directly to tv? Modern tv have multiple HDMI ports and audio out to connect to speakers.
Modern TVs have lousy speakers; even a cheap 2.0 soundbar is better.

And for some reason, they like to gimp some of the HDMI ports, maybe to encourage the buyer to buy a surround set up.

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Might as well ask here. I'm looking for a receiver that meets just a few requirements: 2 HDMI in ports, one HDMI out for my monitor and the ability to plug in a pair of active speakers. Most receivers seem way too busy in terms of features than what I need. Anyone know of such as device? Currently I switch my HDMI cables between console and computer when I need to use either one and plug in my speakers into the monitor, but that thing has a constant static hiss sound. I know it's basically an HDMI switch with audio out, but I really can't find anything that supports VRR/FreeSync as well for 100 bucks or less.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I would upgrade my Denon AV receiver I got in 2016, but the prices of these things seem to have exploded the past few years. I just have a peasant 5.1 system and no desire to upgrade the speaker setup as of now. The problem is the 5.1 receivers seem to be really barebones in terms of features.

Last edited:
Top Bottom