• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes] Sony Should Be Putting All PlayStation Exclusives On PC, Day One

Simpkin92

They should be putting all their games on Xbox day 1. Think of all the Xbox money they are missing out on. They can’t afford to keep them off Xbox. No way they’ll stay exclusive. It’s probably antitrust. (If you’ve read the Xbox acquisition threads you’ll get it lol)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Where is your actual evidence for this statement to be true other than pc gamers wet dreams? Have Sony secretly announced gt7, horizon zero dawn forbidden west and God of War Ragnorark are even coming to PC yet?

Not giving much credence to your statement is it?

While PlayStation exists PC will never be a priority unless you really think Sony want to throw away money.

No PC gamer buys a $70 game, and unless Sony make their own PC store and client, Sony will have to give money to a third party to further dilute their earnings.

Get real pal. Sony releasing day 1 on PC is never happening on their single player block busters.

“Wet dream”, when Sony is too busy mining the gold on PC? Sure

I remember people saying Sony releasing their 1st party games like God of War on PC is never happening. Good time.

Bogeyman

Banned
Evil thought of the day: Is there anything preventing Microsoft from running Windows, and thereby Windows games, on an xbox?

If they waited for Sony to commit to more pc releases, and then made them playable on xbox that way.. Oof.

ACESHIGH

After today news. Sony must double down on PC porting of their legacy titles and use that money for 1st party development generating a virtuous cycle.
Its time for them to take a look at their legacy IPs. Sony has to stop pretending stuff from before November 2013 does not count. Look at your japanese legacy... PS2 HD collection, PS3 franchises, PSP games, Vita... Port everything to PC and current Sony consoles. The attitude, the spirit of the PS1 and PS2, PSP and early PS3 days with Krazy Ken. That put Sony on top.

If they played their cards right at the time and did not consider PC an enemy, they could have a PC storefront only rivaled by Steam just on first party content alone. But they were clueless and arrogant being extremely late to the party. They are still the dominant console but have to play their cards right. They can be Nintendo on steroids if they want to. No need for third parties.

Last edited:

DJ12

“Wet dream”, when Sony is too busy mining the gold on PC? Sure

I remember people saying Sony releasing their 1st party games like God of War on PC is never happening. Good time.
So you agree you have zero evidence, thanks.

JackSparr0w

After today news. Sony must double down on PC porting of their legacy titles and use that money for 1st party development generating a virtuous cycle.
Its time for them to take a look at their legacy IPs. Sony has to stop pretending stuff from before November 2013 does not count. Look at your japanese legacy... PS2 HD collection, PS3 franchises, PSP games, Vita... Port everything to PC and current Sony consoles. The attitude, the spirit of the PS1 and PS2, PSP and early PS3 days with Krazy Ken. That put Sony on top.

If they played their cards right at the time and did not consider PC an enemy, they could have a PC storefront only rivaled by Steam just on first party content alone. But they were clueless and arrogant being extremely late to the party. They are still the dominant console but have to play their cards right. They can be Nintendo on steroids if they want to. No need for third parties.
Mate not even MS saw Steam becoming successful and they make Windows. Most likely scenario is Gaben got abducted by aliens who told him to quit his job and start Steam, it was an insane idea at the time.

Anyway, I agree with you and as a PC gamer I fully welcome Sony opening their own storefront as it's never too late but they need some multiplayer games if they want to really win the PC community.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Pretty sure I know what that mean, and I really don’t need any help.
The Matrix GIF

JimRyanGOAT

Mate not even MS saw Steam becoming successful and they make Windows. Most likely scenario is Gaben got abducted by aliens who told him to quit his job and start Steam, it was an insane idea at the time.

Anyway, I agree with you and as a PC gamer I fully welcome Sony opening their own storefront as it's never too late but they need some multiplayer games if they want to really win the PC community.
100 percent this

Nothing is stopping from Microsoft from buying more companies on the scale of Zenimax and Activision

Sony already has the market down for narrative-driven games

If they can match the energy of games like GOW or Last of Us II but on a live service games scale that's HUGEEEEEEEE

Now imagine if they have a few games on that scale.

On god Insomniac better give us a Marvel BR

I know they also got a bunch of former COD Devs & Bungie devs as seperate studios to work on some GAAS

Where is your actual evidence for this statement to be true other than pc gamers wet dreams? Have Sony secretly announced gt7, horizon zero dawn forbidden west and God of War Ragnorark are even coming to PC yet?

Not giving much credence to your statement is it?

While PlayStation exists PC will never be a priority unless you really think Sony want to throw away money.

No PC gamer buys a $70 game, and unless Sony make their own PC store and client, Sony will have to give money to a third party to further dilute their earnings.

Get real pal. Sony releasing day 1 on PC is never happening on their single player block busters.
First it was one little exclusive PC game, then another came, then another with a shorter release window and the next release will most likely have an even shorter release window. I heard Horizon Forbidden West could be coming much sooner then we think to PC and that’s technically a PS5 game.

I don’t think it’s a good decision, but day one PC exclusives wouldn’t surprise me with the direction Sony is going in and they are seemingly trying to emulate literally everything Microsoft does for whatever reason even though they are still leading the industry and making money.

Top Bottom