• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes] The PS5 Versus Xbox Series X Fanboy Wars Hit A Fresh Low

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This board has gotten so disingenuous and so tiresome.

I'm not sure on what planet Hellblade, an extremely mediocre game with good visuals for the size of the team that made it (it got ported to Switch for crying out loud), is now considered on par with GoW 2018. Now that MS has bought the team, they are world beaters up there with the best? Like I say over and over. Results matter. These studios do not have the results yet.

Both of you guys are acting like you're full of it, and your defensiveness around Xbox when you bash on anything PS related is old.

In terms of the recycling issue ....

Mega Man 1-6 on NES say hello. And I know there are countless others starting from that point on.

I mean the big game for Xbox this year is Halo Infinite, where a bunch of the shown enemies seem to look and behave exactly the same as a team from 20 years ago. But for some reason the same group of people who are so livid over GoW think that Halo has game of the year potential.

Ok.

Nothing to see here.

It's pretty clear that a lot of the most vocal members of this board don't want to actually discuss games because they like them. They want to play some weird form of corporate fanboy sports. Because in sports to win, the other guy has to lose, even though that's not what is happening here. All of the big platform providers can "win." Yes there will be a ranking, and it probably won't be changing any time soon. Get over it if you don't like it.

If you're into this crap, have fun y'all.
No one really knows what Hellblade 2 even is at this point. But I just know that Ninja Theory is a rare studio that literally has experience making cinematic action games for years, including DmC which is really on par with any of the previous God of War games. The first Hellblade is their only indie game, with limited budget. Now they have been purchased, so we really don't know what they're planning for the game. I just know we saw a teaser that looks more graphically advanced than anything we've seen on Xbox yet. If they wanted, they could easily make something that's comparable by just making it more of an action game than the first Hellblade. We'll just have to wait and see, but it's really not that difficult to see the comparison. Both are even viking inspired games.

Loope

This board has gotten so disingenuous and so tiresome.

I'm not sure on what planet Hellblade, an extremely mediocre game with good visuals for the size of the team that made it (it got ported to Switch for crying out loud), is now considered on par with GoW 2018. Now that MS has bought the team, they are world beaters up there with the best? Like I say over and over. Results matter. These studios do not have the results yet.

Both of you guys are acting like you're full of it, and your defensiveness around Xbox when you bash on anything PS related is old.

In terms of the recycling issue ....

Mega Man 1-6 on NES say hello. And I know there are countless others starting from that point on.

I mean the big game for Xbox this year is Halo Infinite, where a bunch of the shown enemies seem to look and behave exactly the same as a team from 20 years ago. But for some reason the same group of people who are so livid over GoW think that Halo has game of the year potential.

Ok.

Nothing to see here.

It's pretty clear that a lot of the most vocal members of this board don't want to actually discuss games because they like them. They want to play some weird form of corporate fanboy sports. Because in sports to win, the other guy has to lose, even though that's not what is happening here. All of the big platform providers can "win." Yes there will be a ranking, and it probably won't be changing any time soon. Get over it if you don't like it.

If you're into this crap, have fun y'all.
Are you fucking kidding with this shit? You're one of the people easilly recognizable in every thread where a sony game is brought up. You immediately enter defense mode and act all entitled like your opinion is somehow more legit. Either you have a lack of self awareness or you're trolling.

Banjo64

cumsessed
But it's considered one of the greatest games of all time.... lmao... why so salty?

It won GOTY and this one might win next year as well.

Anyway, he is right on multiple fronts, especially the one about Halo:

I'm a HUGE fan of halo, but it looks worse than Halo 5 and I HATED Halo 5 apart from the multiplayer.
By who? Not by me. Critically? Number 72 in the rankings.

Am I salty if I’m saying that I preferred Spider-Man, Bloodborne and Horizon to God of War during the PS4 gen?

I really couldn’t give a shit about GOTY and don’t get the brainless drooling over GOTY awards on GAF. Some of the best games I’ve ever played didn’t win GOTY, and some of my favourite games of the generation like Ori, A Hat in Time, A Plague Tale and Ratchet don’t usually get a look in for these awards. So what?

Aroll

This is a new low?

GOW is objectively recycling animations. Redfall is objectively bad looking. If you're not focusing on alpha gameplay, it's more a commentary on the bad art design.

These aren't even major controversial points. I think most people would agree with these.
I won't speak to Redfall because honestly, I thought these convos were already done back during E3. However, GoW recycling animations isn't really a problem is it? Guess what, Link recycled animations and even the entire art style in Majora's Mask. Link will be recycling BoTW animations in BoTW 2. Car animations in racing games often get recycled. I am so confused. Since when are direct sequels recycling animations considered something to actually criticize?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I won't speak to Redfall because honestly, I thought these convos were already done back during E3. However, GoW recycling animations isn't really a problem is it? Guess what, Link recycled animations and even the entire art style in Majora's Mask. Link will be recycling BoTW animations in BoTW 2. Car animations in racing games often get recycled. I am so confused. Since when are direct sequels recycling animations considered something to actually criticize?
I too will compare God of War 2 to Majora's Mask now. It's a PS4 game direct asset sequel that just happened to take 4 years to make instead of 2-3.

Aroll

I too will compare God of War 2 to Majora's Mask now. It's a PS4 game direct asset sequel that just happened to take 4 years to make instead of 2-3.
I honestly don't get it. It's still a PS4 game that's being upshot to PS5, but reality is that it's a direct sequel. It uses the same engine. I don't get why reusing animations and even assets themselves would be a real problem. At all. Shouldn't that actually be the expectation? That GoW *shocker*... plays like GoW.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I honestly don't get it. It's still a PS4 game that's being upshot to PS5, but reality is that it's a direct sequel. It uses the same engine. I don't get why reusing animations and even assets themselves would be a real problem. At all. Shouldn't that actually be the expectation? That GoW *shocker*... plays like GoW.
I think people expected it to be the premiere PS5 game. In reality, it is a PS4 game. If people just figure that out, we'll be fine I think.

What a load of bollocks. Some bell end comes in with clear and obvious bait, it’s going to get responded to.

Holding God of War up on a pedestal like it’s the greatest game of all time, absolutely embarrassing.

Sony don’t have an answer for a lot of shit, so what?

And the fact that you’ve just said ‘these studios do not have the results yet’ about id Software, Bathesda, Playground and Double Fine proves that you literally know fuck all, or are just acting like a bell end. You can chuck Obsidian and Turn 10 in there too.
Sony's been releasing exclusive after exclusive since 2018 and Xbox responses is to buy studios. Your other post lists a bunch of Devs with apperently good track records, yet have to show a single game with game play coming to Xbox yet.

how the hell are we supposed to have things to talk about if we don't nitpick and obsess over retarded things?

person1: that god of war trailer looked good
person2: yes

thread over.

It’s easier to get attention that way .

The N4G comment sections have simply spread to other areas.

Aroll

I think people expected it to be the premiere PS5 game. In reality, it is a PS4 game. If people just figure that out, we'll be fine I think.
Yeah. I mean, it's literally crossgen. Anything that's cross gen is built for the 100m+ fanbase first.

When you get true built from ground up games for PS5, sure expect different I suppose? Even then, if it aint broke - entering a boat animation ain't broke. So why does it matter if it's changed? I just, I think gamers are really nitpicking over absolutely nothing that actually matters.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sony's been releasing exclusive after exclusive since 2018 and Xbox responses is to buy studios. Your other post lists a bunch of Devs with apperently good track records, yet have to show a single game with game play coming to Xbox yet.
Am I in the twilight realm or are you acting this way deliberately?

Playground haven’t shown any game play of Forza Horizon 5?

reinking

Gold Member
LOL. Tell me you are pushing the console wars forward without telling me you are pushing the console wars forward.

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean most comments were like: “ hey that’s using the exact same engine and asserts.”

What fanboys read: “ OMG!! That looks like absolute shit! Last gen looking shit!”

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
This is a new low?

GOW is objectively recycling animations. Redfall is objectively bad looking. If you're not focusing on alpha gameplay, it's more a commentary on the bad art design.

These aren't even major controversial points. I think most people would agree with these.
Focusing on the 9 realms included in the game, more enemy types, more boss battles, more finishers, new setpieces and the story

>

Focusing on new animations to open doors, getting in the boat, climbing mountains, etc

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
LMAO

This thread is amazing. Xbox and Sony fanboys battling over which plastic toy has the best software, which is even more funny when you consider the purpose of the thread 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keep it up kids. I haven't seen a thread this amusing for some time!

Am I in the twilight realm or are you acting this way deliberately?

Playground haven’t shown any game play of Forza Horizon 5?
My mistake one.

None of the Bethesda ones for example while you're bitching about a game that's three years old.

Xbox hasn't had any answers for years hence the mass purchases. Another Forza game or another halo game with an insanely long Dev time isn't an answer.

Banjo64

cumsessed
My mistake one.

None of the Bethesda ones for example while you're bitching about a game that's three years old.

Xbox hasn't had any answers for years hence the mass purchases. Another Forza game or another halo game with an insanely long Dev time isn't an answer.
Last year Xbox released Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Flight Simulator alongside smaller games like Minecraft Dungeons.

This year Double Fine (who Microsoft acquired before Sony acquired Insomniac) have released Psychonauts 2.

Halo and Forza are on the way this year, alongside Deathloop, with Starfield and Tokyo Ghostwire coming out in 2022.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Xbox fans are best due to bigger muscles and cocks the size of 2 pint cans of Frosty Jacks, thats width and length.

Sorry to any Xbox fan who has a dick this size..

Given the dimensions of a pint can, we're talking around 13 inches. The width of TWO pint cans would be wider than Dwayne Johnson's four arm.

Sorry, but no woman or man is taking a monster of those outrageous dimensions. Anybody with a shlong that big would also pass out every time they got a rock on as it would consume so much blood.

That sounds like a curse rather than a gift to brag about.

Last year Xbox released Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Flight Simulator alongside smaller games like Minecraft Dungeons.

This year Double Fine (who Microsoft acquired before Sony acquired Insomniac) have released Psychonauts 2.

Halo and Forza are on the way this year, alongside Deathloop, with Starfield and Tokyo Ghostwire coming out in 2022.
This is your reply to Xbox hasn't had an answer to sonys exclusives.

An indie game (psychonauts)
Halo and Forza which has already been covered lol..
Deathloop and ghost wire are not answers because they're not Xbox exclusives.

So starfield which we've seen nothing off other than teaser. Good job.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Can everyone please just buy every console and understand it’s fine to have your preference but try to realise that gaming is so much better when you can enjoy all consoles and games. its Awful seeing the shit over the last few days, and to know this is coming from grown adults. Makes me wanna stop being apart of it but it’s what I’ve done all my life.

I love having returnal and psyconauts 2 in my goty list and I hope to add forza and halo. Maybe death loop will end up being an amazing surprise like returnal.
I dunno man, I seen some shit over the last few days that is straight up embarrassing.

fucking menu pictures vs in game to pictures of women saying our devs are fitter to the embarrassing shit with god of war animations and that redfall alpha shit. Ffs peeps are genuinely fucked. the consoles are obviously so close that we are now branching out into other awful shit. Pathetic as fuck.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Sorry to any Xbox fan who has a dick this size..

Given the dimensions of a pint can, we're talking around 13 inches. The width of TWO pint cans would be wider than Dwayne Johnson's four arm.

Sorry, but no woman or man is taking a monster of those outrageous dimensions. Anybody with a shlong that big would also pass out every time they got a rock on as it would consume so much blood.

That sounds like a curse rather than a gift to brag about.

Yes but we are also selfish, if it rips the reciever then so be it, as long as we have a good time then fuck it. Also our bodys arnt as soy as the other mob so we are able to get that pole rock hard without passing out.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Not to mention people on Xbox like to dominate other players online and tea bag them, whereas PayStation fans have to play single player cinematic games on soyboi difficulty whilst their wives get gangbanged on the bed behind them.

You know it, we dont need no row ya boat motha fucker game. Just game about guns, owning and rek them noobs, power and getting pussy. Just look at the leaks for the new Halo, its a macho story of a hench geezer destroying any cunt in hes way so he can fuck the shit out of Cortana and that new slut.

You know it, we dont need no row ya boat motha fucker game. Just game about guns, owning and rek them noobs, power and getting pussy. Just look at the leaks for the new Halo, its a macho story of a hench geezer destroying any cunt in hes way so he can fuck the shit out of Cortana and that new slut.
Ironically masterchief is the ultimate cuck. The guy wants to fuck pixels, I hope she's at least native 4k.

Arcadialane

that actually sounds pretty good

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's funny how the ad hominems start rolling out when the article hits a nerve. No lies detected. Anonymous internet fanboys are pure shit they drag down the collective IQ of any place they show up.

By who? Not by me. Critically? Number 72 in the rankings.

Am I salty if I’m saying that I preferred Spider-Man, Bloodborne and Horizon to God of War during the PS4 gen?

I really couldn’t give a shit about GOTY and don’t get the brainless drooling over GOTY awards on GAF. Some of the best games I’ve ever played didn’t win GOTY, and some of my favourite games of the generation like Ori, A Hat in Time, A Plague Tale and Ratchet don’t usually get a look in for these awards. So what?
It sucks having shit tastes.

Kilau

Gold Member
It's a shame, if SSM had changed the boat animation it could have ended up in one of those;

"Twenty-five little touches you probably didn't notice in GoW Ragnarok" articles and videos.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Agree with Tassi.

GOWR re-using a boat animation? Who cares? Game will still be amazing.

Redfall looking bad in a pre-alpha PLAY TEST. It's to test how it plays, not how it looks. Plus, it's Arkane. Why would anyone even be worried or concerned? SMH.

Top Bottom