• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbidden Forgiveness: A Psychological horror game coming to PC, PS4, XB1 in 2018.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

More info

Forbidden Forgiveness is a new psychological horror game, the story depends on multiple dimensions where you’ll be able to travel between them at anytime and what you’ll do in these dimensions will effect the story and the Gameplay, the game is heavily depends on multiple Endings. And you’re not defenseless you can defend yourself from the Unknown but sometimes you can’t, so you’ll have to run, the game contains a unique puzzles with a new way to solve and they are not easy nor impossible but expect some challenge, there are Boss Fights but they are not just having more guns, ammo and health packs to kill them, you’ll need to solve a puzzle or do something to be able to damage\kill them.

Dev twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/geekymousedev?lang=en
Dev site: http://www.geekymouse.net

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
More info

Forbidden Forgiveness is a new psychological horror game, the story depends on multiple dimensions where you’ll be able to travel between them at anytime and what you’ll do in these dimensions will effect the story and the Gameplay, the game is heavily depends on multiple Endings. And you’re not defenseless you can defend yourself from the Unknown but sometimes you can’t, so you’ll have to run, the game contains a unique puzzles with a new way to solve and they are not easy nor impossible but expect some challenge, there are Boss Fights but they are not just having more guns, ammo and health packs to kill them, you’ll need to solve a puzzle or do something to be able to damage\kill them.

Dev twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/geekymousedev?lang=en
Dev site: http://www.geekymouse.net

Looks interesting. Reminds me a bit of bioshock meets outlast from limited viewing. Some of those scenes look a bit 'Cronenburg' too. Thanks for flagging! Will be good to see how it progresses; wish they had a devBlog or devDiary

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Another first person horror...pass.

God Enel

I always think all these horrorgames look cool as hell and in the end I play none of them.

Agree that some of the scenes look "cronenburgish". I like the camera-angle from 00:29-00:35

kunonabi

when will these generic FPS "Horror" Walking simulators end ?

Not for a long time it seems. Had re7 flopped and evil within 2 been a major hit maybe things would changed a bit in the console space but alas it was not to be.

Filben

As long as I can defend myself with some kind of weapon in most of the scenarios I'm intrigued. But after Amnesia und Outlast 1 I'm pretty much done with hide and seek horror games.

Damn, I missed Condemned. I wish they would ever made a third one, or at least port Condemned 2 for PC.

Not for a long time it seems. Had re7 flopped and evil within 2 been a major hit maybe things would changed a bit in the console space but alas it was not to be.

While there's no big TPS survival horror games slated anytime soon. There's definitely some promising looking FPS survival horror games on the horizon that give you weapons.

xviper

While there's no big TPS survival horror games slated anytime soon. There's definitely some promising looking FPS survival horror games on the horizon that give you weapons.

i wouldn't call those games "Survival Horror", they look like a darker version of Doom

to me, what defines Survival Horror, is the fear of dying, feeling weak, lack of ammo\healing items to make you vulnerable, having key items, back tracking and solving puzzles are a very important aspect to make the game Survival horror to me

as much as i love RE4( best game ever made IMO) but it's not a survival horror game, there is lots of ammo\healing items, you pretty much run to find enemies to slaughter them, there is nothing to fear, even if you die you know you won't lose anything, anything you see you'll pick without any care whether you'll need it now or later

you see, back in the old RE games which to me are the core Survival horror games, when you haven't saved for like an hour and find a room full of zombies or a hunter, you'd be scared as shit because if you die you will lose your progress, and you have a high chance of dying if you were careless about your ammo\healing items, and when you see an item you need to think whether to take it now or save room for ammo or other important items, it needs thinking, strategy, you don't Rush like you do in the new "Survival Horror" games, and to me this is what defines the True Survival Horror Games, Capcom brought most of that in RE7 and that what makes it a masterpiece among the mediocre games of this generation

games like Outlast and Soma are not survival horror, they are walking simulators with annoying loud sounds that some people with a weak heart would call "Scary", games like RE4\5\6, The evil within and Dead Space series are action\"horror" because most of the above standards does not apply to them and to be honest i wouldn't even call them Horror at all

the Horror that was in the old RE games was not the scary looking monsters or the jumpscares, it was the fear of dying and losing progress, or the fear of wasting so much ammo and encountering a boss which you have no ammo to kill because you were careless, in this generation most of this is gone because companies want easy games now that are more susceptible to most gamers

drh1691

Neo Member
i wouldn't call those games "Survival Horror", they look like a darker version of Doom

to me, what defines Survival Horror, is the fear of dying, feeling weak, lack of ammo\healing items to make you vulnerable, having key items, back tracking and solving puzzles are a very important aspect to make the game Survival horror to me

I like this. I would be interested in your take on Alien: Isolation based on the above quote.

xviper

I like this. I would be interested in your take on Alien: Isolation based on the above quote.
i tried it for like an hour, couldn't continue due to how boring it was, nothing interested me about it

the Hide and Seek type of horror games was mastered with only one game in my opinion, and that game was Clock Tower 3

TheDevil2100

Neophyte
Another first person horror...pass.
Same, I really starting get sick of it.
Oh it's another one of those kinds of horror games, I'll pass.

Hi
I'm one of the developers behind this game, I'd like to clear a few things.
This game isn't just " Run and Hide " you'll be able to protect yourself, and the game has Boss Fights, and traveling between dimensions at any time that'll affect the story and the gameplay, so it's not a walking simulator with a jumpscare hiding in the corner.
and I'd like to answer your questions.

japanese titles...dont disappoint

Well, this game made by Egyptians, not by Japanese.

Top Bottom