• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Force feedback added to GTHD 2.0 (now available on the EU PS Store)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
A new version (2.0) of GTHD just appeared on the EU store, replacing the previous one.

dsc02835nl0.jpg

dsc02836dr4.jpg

Please notice that when selectin the last option, only the first wheel to the left highlights. I guess this means it only applies to that wheel model.

jet1911

Please notice that when selectin the last option, only the first wheel to the left highlights. I guess this means it only applies to that wheel model.

Only the G25 have FFB? Meh. :/

sif

jet1911 said:
Only the G25 have FFB? Meh. :/

That is a driving force pro in the picture: the g25 has a separate shifter. Interestingly no g25 image there though, perhaps it is not supported?

Wollan

Kinda weird as I downloaded the 1.16 version yesterday from the EU (Norwegian) store. Now the 2.0 version is up so time to put it in the queue again.

jet1911

sif said:
That is a driving force pro in the picture: the g25 has a separate shifter. Interestingly no g25 image there though, perhaps it is not supported?

You're right...oops. :O

I'll dld it tomorrow to try with the GT3 wheel.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
great news. how did this get settled? guess i havent been following this much

Steroyd

Wollan said:
Kinda weird as I downloaded the 1.16 version yesterday from the EU (Norwegian) store. Now the 2.0 version is up so time to put it in the queue again.

Is that... gloating in that post? :lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
56% done - I'll test it with the DF when it's finished.

Edit - I have the DF not the Pro as I originally stated.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Why do Sony make you download the whole thing again each time an update comes out? Would it not be smarter to release the update as a patch???

Still... FFB = GOOD.

Beatbox

Force Feedback in the hizouse! It didn't pick up the unlocked cars from 1.whatever US version - so I'm stuck testing the Driving Force with the Suzuki. Feels great to have it back - and for the first time I was able to remove the clips and clamp the wheel to my table. Too bad my 19" CRT is being violently shaken as I drive :lol

Flo_Evans

damn! I got the 2.0 downloaded, the wheel out, now I can't find the damn power adapter! oh well looks like beatbox got it working.

Beatbox

Flo_Evans said:
damn! I got the 2.0 downloaded, the wheel out, now I can't find the damn power adapter! oh well looks like beatbox got it working.

Be carefull! 4 or 5 years ago I fried the earlier version of the Driving Force (different D-Pad location) by accidentally plugging in the wrong power adapter. Had the same size connector but was a few volts higher. Damn thing started smoking in my hands!!!! Good thing I had a replacement plan at Best Buy :) It still worked too - just without the FF :D

And as far as the game - it's the same visually Chrono.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Beatbox said:
Be carefull! 4 or 5 years ago I fried the earlier version of the Driving Force (different D-Pad location) by accidentally plugging in the wrong power adapter. Had the same size connector but was a few volts higher. Damn thing started smoking in my hands!!!! Good thing I had a replacement plan at Best Buy :) It still worked too - just without the FF :D

And as far as the game - it's the same visually Chrono.

Is the wheel vibrating?

Bookey

Professional Monk
Does anyone know what the future plans of gthd are? Is sony going to expand on it with more tracks/ multiplayer or was it just a taste? Im about an inch away from grabbing a driving force pro

Chrono

Banned
Dante said:

I haven't followed up on GTHD but I remember something about them improving the concept or whatever, so I was asking if they improved the graphics (lighting for example) or physics or whatever, in this build. They're not doing that?

edit: maybe they were just referring to content.

Bookey said:
Does anyone know what the future plans of gthd are? Is sony going to expand on it with more tracks/ multiplayer or was it just a taste? Im about an inch away from grabbing a driving force pro
I believe that original plans were to sell microtransactions to GTHD, but the whole plan got turned into another method. It's all I remember on the subject.

Beatbox

mckmas8808 said:
Is the wheel vibrating?

Yep. I ran two laps with the first three cars - didn't hit any walls though. Maybe I should've tested that out. Felt a few bumps riding on the grass and the edge of the track.

J-Rzez

Bookey said:

I don't know how much more they're going to expand on GTHD, that they threw in FF is great and all, but IIRC there was an article that GT-Prologue comes out this winter, then the full version of GT5 in early/mid 08...

Apex

Excellent. :D

sif said:
The G25 is backward compatible with the DFP but only sequential shifter works in this demo.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Beatbox said:
Yep. I ran two laps with the first three cars - didn't hit any walls though. Maybe I should've tested that out. Felt a few bumps riding on the grass and the edge of the track.

YESSS!!!! So vibration and Force Feedback to allowable now. Hey Evolution how about that update????

spwolf

TTP said:
Maybe not. Maybe it's the only FFB wheel you can set the strenght of.

i would think it detected whell you had and gave you options only for that wheel... that seems like reasonable explanation, if you are looking for one :lol

spwolf

I might get force feedback wheel now and F1... anyone knows that wheels work in GT:HD? Is there an list? I want to make sure I got correct one, since local stores here only have 1-2 wheels and usually the cheapest and oldest models...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
spwolf said:
i would think it detected whell you had and gave you options only for that wheel... that seems like reasonable explanation, if you are looking for one :lol
Yeah that seems likely, has anyone else tested it out?

Gek54 said:
Colin McRae Dirt has been confirmed to have TFF with both the DFP and G25 on the PS3.
Nice. :D

Top Bottom