• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forever Skies | Reveal Trailer (PC, PS5, XSS/X)

R6Rider

Gold Member

Forever Skies is a first-person action survival sci-fi game coming to early access on PC in 2022, and later to next-gen consoles. It takes place on a destroyed Earth in the wake of an ecological disaster, where you play as a scientist exploring the ruins, trying to survive, and finding answers to the mystery of what lies beneath the toxic cloud of dust enveloping the surface.

Another description for PlayStation channel video:

Welcome to Forever Skies! You are alone scientist returning to Earth long after a global ecological catastrophe destroyed the planet. Above the toxic clouds are the remnants of humanity's last stand. Build, expand and control a high-tech airship that will act as your transport, shelter, laboratory and workshop for researching mysterious substances and crafting tools for survival. Scavenge, find ways of obtaining food and resources, and explore the ruins above and below the dust layer which now shrouds the Earth’s surface. Why is the dust there? What is it exactly? And perhaps more importantly, what lies beneath it? Coming to Playstation 5!

mansoor1980

Gold Member
really intrigued
200w.gif

ultrazilla

Forever Skies is a first-person action survival sci-fi game coming to early access on PC in 2022, and later to next-gen consoles. It takes place on a destroyed Earth in the wake of an ecological disaster, where you play as a scientist exploring the ruins, trying to survive, and finding answers to the mystery of what lies beneath the toxic cloud of dust enveloping the surface.

Another description for PlayStation channel video:

Welcome to Forever Skies! You are alone scientist returning to Earth long after a global ecological catastrophe destroyed the planet. Above the toxic clouds are the remnants of humanity's last stand. Build, expand and control a high-tech airship that will act as your transport, shelter, laboratory and workshop for researching mysterious substances and crafting tools for survival. Scavenge, find ways of obtaining food and resources, and explore the ruins above and below the dust layer which now shrouds the Earth’s surface. Why is the dust there? What is it exactly? And perhaps more importantly, what lies beneath it? Coming to Playstation 5!

Effective teaser. Grabs my attention. I want to learn more. Looks solid. Nice! Can't wait to see more.

I'm over and done with scavenge & craft survival games but this looks interesting. The trailer gives me the impression it has a solid focus on narrative.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get your first look at several new systems at play in this latest trailer for the upcoming survival/adventure Forever Skies. See some of the weapons and sci-fi tools you'll have to use to explore - and survive the procedurally-generated ruins of Earth and its many dangers.

mdkirby

I think its worse than that. I think they focus group thousands of random words, measuring emotional response. Then feed the best responses into a name generator. Take the most interesting results, do another round of focus group testing, then work backward to see how they can turn the name into a battle Royale or Survival game. Then have marketing start on a bullshot trailer. See the responses/social metrics on the trailer, then start making the game.

VN1X

Banned
I think its worse than that. I think they focus group thousands of random words, measuring emotional response. Then feed the best responses into a name generator. Take the most interesting results, do another round of focus group testing, then work backward to see how they can turn the name into a battle Royale or Survival game. Then have marketing start on a bullshot trailer. See the responses/social metrics on the trailer, then start making the game.
Yes this is exactly how it works and is also how Dark Souls was made.

mdkirby

Yes this is exactly how it works and is also how Dark Souls was made.
Lol that’s depressing. Reminds me of the famous business book, the 4 hour work week. It wasn’t that the author worked 4 hours, or that that was even necessarily the goal. But before release they aggressively AB tested a bunch of different hour values as the title and “4” was the winner.

VN1X

Banned
Lol that’s depressing. Reminds me of the famous business book, the 4 hour work week. It wasn’t that the author worked 4 hours, or that that was even necessarily the goal. But before release they aggressively AB tested a bunch of different hour values as the title and “4” was the winner.
I was pulling your leg as your post was a bit dumb. Sorry.

mdkirby

I was pulling your leg as your post was a bit dumb. Sorry.
In fairness, there's much crazier things than working out a market tested name and then building a game around it....This absolute madness for instance:

https://www.destructoid.com/how-to-...DFQGEzJtzAi5mPYNpuJfYgHkiYAQOmzvGY5YyjqpCLq58

They literally stole random assets from every game under the sun, then contrived a bat shit crazy story/narrative to justify and make narrative sense of the wildly varied stolen assets used.

Last edited:

Kadve

"Survival" and "action" together killed any interest that i had. Such things never mix well in games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the trailer for a deep dive into The Research Station, an upgrade system that unlocks more advanced technologies needed to survive the harsh world of Forever Skies, an upcoming first-person, sci-fi survival game.

Forever Skies will be coming to Steam Early Access in 2023 and later to consoles.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Forever Skies is a first-person post-apocalyptic survival game. Return to Earth, ravaged by an ecological disaster. Fly, upgrade and customize your mobile high-tech airship base. Scavenge resources to survive, face dangers on the surface and hunt for viral pathogens to cure a mysterious illness. Coming to Playstation 5!

Top Bottom