• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget about Cuphead, when the hell is Below coming out?

Spman2099

I don't see what the problem is. Why you guys gotta do all that manual work when you could get similar results 10x faster?

cuphead-idle.gif
VS
coffee%20cup%20animated.gif

Can't even tell the difference really.

Which one is hand-drawn? I can't even tell... The future is now!

Jennings

Below has always seemed a bit like vaporware to me. A bunch of bandwagoneers wanting to make an isometric Dark Souls wannabe at a time when Dark Souls was at full meme status, but lacking the ability to make something good of the idea.

Teeth

This gave me an idea for Jug based OC, I'm sure everyone can guess what the visual pun will be.

Will he have an insatiable appetite for hamburgers?

How soon is too soon to pitch OT title ideas? I've been holding onto one for Cuphead for 2 whole years and I wanna let it out! lol

Feel free to share it with the class!

Also, fun fact: That Cuphead idle you posted was literally the first thing animated for the game.

Spman2099

How soon is too soon to pitch OT title ideas? I've been holding onto one for Cuphead for 2 whole years and I wanna let it out! lol

I am against it, whatever it is, if it isn't...

"Cuphead |OT| Featuring a visual style that is trivially easy to fake and emulate with vector graphics filters and shaders."

tquinta

Neo Member
Fuck Microsoft. Half the shit they announce at E3's is vaporware. I was really hyped for below and put up with the X1 release shit show.

Two years ago I bought an Xbox One for Rare Replay, Cuphead, Below and Sea of Thieves
I was also looking foward to Quantum Break, Scalebound and Crackdown 3.

i've learnt my lesson.

Granjinha

Below has always seemed a bit like vaporware to me. A bunch of bandwagoneers wanting to make an isometric Dark Souls wannabe at a time when Dark Souls was at full meme status, but lacking the ability to make something good of the idea.

i take it you haven't played anything from capy, huh?

because that's bullshit

What about ashen and Tacoma? Haven't heard of these in a long time either.

Tacoma was delayed too. Ashen is going to be shown soon according to the devs

Feel free to share it with the class!

Also, fun fact: That Cuphead idle you posted was literally the first thing animated for the game.

I had no idea lol. That's awesome. It was just the first idle that popped up on Bing. :p

As for the OT idea...

Cuphead |OT| Rotoscope blend.

I am against it, whatever it is, if it isn't...

"Cuphead |OT| Featuring a visual style that is trivially easy to fake and emulate with vector graphics filters and shaders."

Sorry to disappoint you. :'[

Teeth

What about ashen and Tacoma? Haven't heard of these in a long time either.

Tacoma is likely coming fairly soon. Steve Gaynor was doing the rounds to San Francisco media about a month back showing a fairly polished looking version of the game.

Keep in mind, they basically scrapped what they had at the end of 2015 and revamped the game almost completely.

I had no idea lol. That's awesome. It was just the first idle that popped up on Bing. :p

As for the OT idea...

Cuphead |OT| Rotoscope blend.
[

But we didn't rotoscope anything :(

Tacoma is likely coming fairly soon. Steve Gaynor was doing the rounds to San Francisco media about a month back showing a fairly polished looking version of the game.

Keep in mind, they basically scrapped what they had at the end of 2015 and revamped the game almost completely.

But we didn't rotoscope anything :(

But it's the style!

After seeing Cuphead it got me back into a lot of the old cartoons I watched as a kid. I actually watched a few rotoscope docs and it was fascinating. All because of Cuphead! :(

Amir0x

Banned
But it's the style!

After seeing Cuphead it got me back into a lot of the old cartoons I watched as a kid. I actually watched a few rotoscope docs and it was fascinating. All because of Cuphead! :(

old cartoons are so fun to discover. lots of devious shit back in the day in some of these shorts

Two years ago I bought an Xbox One for Rare Replay, Cuphead, Below and Sea of Thieves
I was also looking foward to Quantum Break, Scalebound and Crackdown 3.

i've learnt my lesson.

I mean, of the things you mentioned, only Scalebound and Below have had significant trouble. Cuphead has been delayed yeah, but it's still coming. Same with Crackdown and Sea of Thieves. Hell, I was playing Sea of Thieves a few hours ago so I can guarantee you it's real.

jviggy43

I've been looking forward to this game since it was originally announced. I'm all excited for Cuphead like the next guy, but where is Below? It looked far more interesting.

I legit almost made a thread about both of these games the other day. I fucking neeeeeeed them.

Daigoro

i had forgotten about both.

still really hoping for Below though.

also hoping Cuphead turns out to my liking.

this makes zero sense.

Hey all,

Quick notes:

• Yes, we're still in full production on the game. We've never stopped. It isn't cancelled.
• When we delayed again, we decided to do what we felt was the right thing, and stop promoting the game until we have a concrete release date that we can share. No more expected dates, just one release date.
• Our game collab with Cartoon Network has no impact on Below. We've always had 2 full teams at Capy. There's 24 people here, split between the two.

Despite all this, we totally understand that people have lost confidence in the game coming out. It's been a long-ass time and a bunch of delays. But from our POV, we gotta do what we gotta do to make sure we're making something we're happy with. And trust me, no one wants to get this game out more than us :)

We hope that when we announce the release date, or when it releases, or at some other point after that, you'll give the game a shot.

If anyone has questions, I'm around.

Theorry

Hey all,

Quick notes:

• Yes, we're still in full production on the game. We've never stopped. It isn't cancelled.
• When we delayed again, we decided to do what we felt was the right thing, and stop promoting the game until we have a concrete release date that we can share. No more expected dates, just one release date.
• Our game collab with Cartoon Network has no impact on Below. We've always had 2 full teams at Capy. There's 24 people here, split between the two.

Despite all this, we totally understand that people have lost confidence in the game coming out. It's been a long-ass time and a bunch of delays. But from our POV, we gotta do what we gotta do to make sure we're making something we're happy with. And trust me, no one wants to get this game out more than us :)

We hope that when we announce the release date, or when it releases, or at some other point after that, you'll give the game a shot.

Thanks for the update. :)

I'm going to guess they will both be at the Xbox E3 conference along with an Ori sequel. Those three together should lead a solid 'indie' segment along with other stuff.

Hopefully all come with firm release dates too!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"But whyyyyy would we need some producer role to tell us when to stop feature creeping and make money?"

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I will never forget about Cuphead, I still desperately need that game in my life.

Wubbys

Damn I should have played below at pax when I had the chance. Assumed it was still coming out.

Edit. Just saw capy post. My assumptions were correct.

Amir0x

Banned
Hey all,

Quick notes:

If anyone has questions, I'm around.

please I dont want to be dead before it releases. I've been anticipating Below since the second it was revealed and I have way more gray hairs than I did back then already :(

Grief.exe

What is this post?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The fuck is that thread title, OP?

Why not ask a question about one game without belittling another.

Top Bottom