• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget Ray Tracing, this is what next gen should look like.

JordanN

Banned
This mad lad is only using an iPhone to control a semi-realistic girl in real time.

Imagine the game possibilities when anyone can control an avatar like this.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
You mean next-generation should look like something that really doesn't look like much better (if any) that Death Stranding on PS4?

Guess you're shooting low. :messenger_smirking:

PS: This kind of feature is already implemented in Star Citizen.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Interesting.

That makes my mind run wild. Just imagine having a game that uses this kind of interface, and VR at the same time. Crazy.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Best thing about this tech, there is no uncanny valley.

Usually when I see photoreal humans animate more humanly, I get a sense of disgust. But not here.

The eyes actually feel alive instead of just giving off that "blank" stare that is common with CG characters.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
file.gif

JSoup

Banned
I expect Next-Gen to be a little bit more than FaceRig (>>> 2014 <<<) with ray tracing :messenger_confused:

Honestly, I find FaceRig kinda neat. The people who use it all the time use it well and it's not offputting at all, surprisingly.
A more advanced version of it sounds like fun.

I_D

This is probably a pretty good indicator of what next-gen games will look like, as far as facial animation goes.
Some games will look better; some will look worse, but this is probably a pretty good estimate of the average game throughout the coming generation.

As far as ray-tracing goes, though, this isn't even remotely close to what's to come.

Top Bottom