• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forklift Truck Simulator 2009 (amazing graphics): Video inside with actual gameplay

Jarate

Banned
Man, co - op on forklift operator 2008 was so good. This looks like a nice upgrade from the 2008 edition. My only qualms is that there are no towels or handwarmers in this title. I mean come on, sometimes when you're forklifting in the cold you need those handwarmers, and those towels would be handy for that off road forklifting sections too

MisterHero

Jarate said:
Man, co - op on forklift operator 2008 was so good. This looks like a nice upgrade from the 2008 edition. My only qualms is that there are no towels or handwarmers in this title. I mean come on, sometimes when you're forklifting in the cold you need those handwarmers, and those towels would be handy for that off road forklifting sections too
I'm afraid that EA's tarnishing this highly acclaimed franchise by milking it too much!

What's next, Forklift Cart Racing!?!

Yeef

SappYoda said:
You stole my post.

Joseph Merrick said:
:lol

I was actually looking for something like the Car Simulator a few years ago just out of curiosity and couldn't find anything.

pswii60

Milk Lizard said:
Pc gaming is finally truely back guys.

2d9ai3c.jpg

Run giant earth movers!
INCLUDING ADD-ON!!!!!!11 OMGZ!!!!!!111111111

pswii60

Psychotext said:
Wow, that guy got out of there with the quickness. :lol
I didn't even notice him at first, but holy shit did he go, knowing exactly what was about to happen.

I'm left wondering if I'd have had the same response. I'd have probably stayed sat there thinking, OH HOLY SHIT

Cesar

Banned
I really hope there isn't some predorder "exclusive content" in shops like Gamestop witch seems to be the trend these days.
Is there a limited edition btw?

That farming sim is bullshit. He just backed up to the tractor-trailer and it auto hitched. You'd have one guy out there motioning distance and then you need to drop the pin into that sucker.

CTLance

I dunno, I don't feel much like sneering over a Simulation game. Our glass house looks mighty fragile, if y'all ask me. Densha de Go, anyone? These are games too, even if they shouldn't happen to meet our approval.

I admit that from my point of view as a gamer that doesn't get the point of Simulations, yes, that looked atrocious. Graphics, "soundtrack", collision detection, everything seemed kind of bad. Then again, I wouldn't know what forklift driver sim fans would want and look out for.

Brashnir

at 2:23 he should have damaged/broken the forklift and the trailer. Simulator my ass.

I worked driving a forklift for 2 years

Iknos

The game has a good sense of speed. Whenever people complain about the sense of speed in GT I can imagine people posting a link to this game. It almost seems comparable.

Haunted

Awesome that more people discover Klaus.

German cult classic.

And the beauty of PC gaming is that there's stuff for all kinds of people out there, including 50 different ______ Simulators. :lol

Wag

Haunted said:
And the beauty of PC gaming is that there's stuff for all kinds of people out there, including 50 different ______ Simulators. :lol
For a minute there I thought you were going to say "Stimulators".:lol

skee

Neo Member
He totally forgot to tilt his forks back when he picked up that first small pallet. Epic Fail. I just took this game off my most wanted list.

skee said:
He totally forgot to tilt his forks back when he picked up that first small pallet. Epic Fail. I just took this game off my most wanted list.

You stole my post!!!

The Shenmue III ones were obvious, but I thought I'd be the only forklift driver to notice this.

Jme

Some observations:
1) This is the most empty warehouse I've ever seen.
2) Magic track doors (also, truck doors do not open inside the warehouse they are opened already, then the dock door opens.
3) He is not safely loading this truck. He should level load it, without stacking palettes unless he's going to fill up the entire truck with more than one level, which he couldn't if he emptied that warehouse.
4) The person playing is not a very safe fork lift driver. You obviously do not drive around with your palette raised to eye level.

I have never driven a fork lift, these are all just common sense observations.

Truant

My girlfriend manages a few GameStop stores, and she told me they sell these types of games like hotcakes, a lot more than any AAA PC title out there.

Ledsen

SappYoda said:

God damn you, I came in here to write this :lol

And I have to say, from my days of working in a warehouse, that that truck looks and moves quite accurately! Rejoice, truck lovers!

Top Bottom