• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former GameTrailers Crew Announcement 03.21.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

I hope they will review recent releases like SFV, Hitman etc. because until the GT guys review those games, as far as I'm concerned, they are as yet unreviewed.

Mentioned this about someone hoping on an FFXV review:

Keep expectations in check. Brandon was mentioning that editorial content would be on one of the higher tiers of funding as it would be a full time job for several people. If they don't get that, hopefully they do Just Played equivalents for impressions though. Have the JRPG stream crew of Ben, Brad and Bosman talk it out.

Man that lineup of who retweeted. If that's the starting crew would be fantastic. You need Bloodworth and Jones there to keep the thing running as a business. You have all my favorite personalities for streaming and editorials and shows. It sucks it can't be everyone but that's a best case showing if I ever saw one.

E3! Final Bets! My weekly shows and daily streams! I needs them back!

This is awesome, great way to start my morning for sure. Can't wait until then, I hope the FF15 date reveal is after so they can stream it, I want to see their reactions XD

oti

Banned
This is awesome, great way to start my morning for sure. Can't wait until then, I hope the FF15 date reveal is after so they can stream it, I want to see their reactions XD

I would really like to know how their numbers grew after the reaction video that went viral.

About this: I hope they know what they're doing. Announcing an announcement so far ahead? That's interesting. All the best to them.

sora87

I'm very excited that Brandon was saying it won't necessary just be the last iteration of GT staff, they could bring back people or work with people they haven't before. I want Meg to come on and talk about the new Assassin's Creed whenever it's announced.

MrS

Banned
xT0BKhuctlylKznkfm.gif
What's the name of the woman in this gif? Isn't she gonna be involved in the new GT project?

They can still do sort of a loose "talk about new games" thing, doesn't Kind of Funny have something like that?
I'd rather that happens. Too often the reviewing preparation interrupted things I wanted to see. Mainly stream participation. Ben would get so bogged down that the RPG streams always stalled out. It made sense back then, but I really hope they make the streaming schedule a priority now.

Oh and Kyles first stream should be to finally finish G Force!

Hasney

I'd rather that happens. Too often the reviewing preparation interrupted things I wanted to see. Mainly stream participation. Ben would get so bogged down that the RPG streams always stalled out. It made sense back then, but I really hope they make the streaming schedule a priority now.

I'm the same way. Did love the reviews, but I'd much rather they have a talk as I like them bouncing off each other.

Would need to find some content for Brandon to talk over though!

Isn't a seven person team a little bit big for a Patreon campaign or something like that?

Kinda Funny has 5(?) people and have 2 youtube channels and Patreons campaigns, the new GT thing probably has to become the most successful gaming Patreon campaign to make this work.

Heartfyre

I'm getting ahead of myself, but I hope they wind up having a regular stream at a Euro-Friendly time. Between 10:00-15:00 PST. There were a lot of reasons why that couldn't happen at GT, but hopefully they'll be able to do it with this new venture. It'd add a lot of value to my monthly sub!

Hasney

Isn't a seven person team a little bit big for a Patreon campaign or something like that?

Kinda Funny has 5(?) people and have 2 youtube channels and Patreons campaigns, the new GT thing probably has to become the most successful gaming Patreon campaign to make this work.

They don't have to be on it full time if the numbers don't add up. Can take freelance work or whatever and just do whatever the funding allows them to do.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but I hope they wind up having a regular stream at a Euro-Friendly time. Between 10:00-15:00 PST. There were a lot of reasons why that couldn't happen at GT, but hopefully they'll be able to do it with this new venture. It'd add a lot of value to my monthly sub!

Hubers been streaming while I've been awake, so I have a little hope! Since they'll likely just be streaming to start with, I think they might.

They can easily sustain 7 people for years by selling Ben's collections and Hearthstone account.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I feel like they'll go with "Good Time", so they can still use the initials GT.

Also, Ian can call his new show "ManUps" if he can't get Mandatory Update back

They don't have to be on it full time if the numbers don't add up. Can take freelance work or whatever and just do whatever the funding allows them to do.

Wouldn't that be bad judgement? They can easily go fulltime if they do personality based stuff with a smaller team like Kinda Funny.
But we don't know what they exactly will do, maybe some of them already have a new job and are just in it after their workday or to support them.

I'm just saying this because some dude of funhaus was on Kinda Funny a few months ago and said their team was to big for a patreon campaign or something similar, so seeing this, it's rather strange.

Hasney

Wouldn't that be bad judgement? They can easily go fulltime if they do personality based stuff with a smaller team like Kinda Funny.
But we don't know what they exactly will do, maybe some of them already have a new job and are just in it after their workday or to support them.

I'm just saying this because some dude of funhaus was on Kinda Funny a few months ago and said there team was to big for a patreon campaign or something similar, so seeing this, it's rather strange.

I don't think it would be bad judgement. The crew is so damn good together I wouldn't want to lose anyone.

Brandon said on Kinda Funny that it would likely be streams at first, shows would be a higher tier, then editorial, then big stuff like Retrospectives. I'm assuming editorial content would involve at least some of them joining on full time.

FTF

Yes!!! So excited to see what they're doing/planning together. Can't wait till they're all back together.

El-Suave

An announcement of an announcement only reaches its true potential if it's accompanied by a countdown. I can't wait to support and experience their content.

CdPyy4gVAAALzzQ.jpg

header.jpg

Well I guess considering Rockstar's hard-on for itself stood in the way of Max Payne 3 being as good as it could've been, I'm glad someone else is taking over the series.

Majine

Banned
Would they be allowed to use titles like "The Final Bosman", "Huber Hype" etc. or are those Defy properties or summin?

Omg, this is making me really happy. I have still not filled the void from when they departed. Really hope they bring back Table Top adventures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom