Former ISIS slave flees Germany after encountering her captor

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
Imagine having gone through that kind of hell, having your homeland infected and overrun by those animals, being made into an actual slave then gone to what you thought was freedom only to see that animal free and living in the same place.

I wonder how many more of these absolute pieces of shit have made their way to Europe thanks to the German open door

Ashwaq Haji Hamid, 19, was one of roughly 5,000 women from the Yazidi minority group to be cruelly kidnapped by ISIS in 2014 as the group imposed a reign of terror throughout Iraq.
She and her family came to a town near Stuttgart, Germany, through a humanitarian program as ISIS’s hold on Iraq crumbled.
While striving to build a new life, she encountered her former tormentor.
“I ran away from Iraq so I would not see that ugly face and forget anything that reminds me of it, but I was shocked to see him in Germany,” Hamid told the news site InfoMigrants.
NY Post source

PonyStation4

May 26, 2018
I have a friend in Morocco that tells me there's local advertisements that the German government's desperate for immigrants to work and repopulate the country. So the advertisements say Germany offers free housing, good jobs and woman to Moroccans to help the country. That's also why they don't settle in Spain or Italy, they use them as a gateway to Germany. This isn't Germany's doing, this is local Moroccans setting up signs on businesses. Note that this is also an anecdotal view by one imo honest person in one town and I haven't personally seen these signs.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2013
This is why unfettered immigration policies and lack of enforcement of rules need to end. It’s not just the native population that suffers, but also legal, law-abiding immigrants and genuine refugees.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Probably more than you think , I wonder if any international laws apply for cases like this.
I mean shit, they are ending up here in America too, and it is a lot more strict than it is to get in that Germany and other places in Europe, so I can only imagine.

The Internet detectives have countless pics matching up the exact people who were wearing ISIS clothing and fighting on that side, pics of them with severed heads, then sneaking in with civilian clothing during the "refugee" dumps. Same scars, same faces, some shave their bears and heads, but the birthmarks, scars, and every other feature are not hidden.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Read about this the other day.
I think it only further reveals how ridiculously stupid Germany has been in regard to immigration.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
I think it only further reveals how ridiculously stupid Germany has been in regard to immigration.
It was painfully obvious. Merkel had to abandon that strategy or lose it all.

Just use a one-word inspirational adjective to describe why we need to disregard any rules or processes. Good enough right? The only real enemies we have are rich, white, guys on yachts. Everyone else is a lover.

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
Not that we needed it but that is definite confirmation ISIS is posing as refugees to reach certain destinations.

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
When you let everyone in this shit is bound to happen. Unfettered access is as ignorant an idea as it is dangerous but you reap what you sow.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Reminds me of the story of a christian Syrian refugee that came to Austria and was placed with a bunch of muslim "refugees" who all supported ISIS so he actually went back to Syria because he feared for his life.

Christian arabs are actually persecuted in the middle east and would integrate well into life in Europe and yet almost none make it there and many of those who do are denied asylum and sent back which European countries rarely do for muslim migrants, even ones who commit heinous crimes. Really makes you think whose agenda EU governments are serving.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Sad story. You managed to survive and get away only to find that those murders followed you to your new home.

McCheese

Jan 7, 2018
Madness, rather than letting all-sorts come to us; why don't we pro-actively go over there and bring back the ones most in danger. I doubt the folks most in need even have the means to travel over here on their own, which is why the immigrants we are letting in are 80% young men.

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
The left actively promoted ideas that are harmful to women while championing themselves as feminists?

Mar 18, 2018
What a heart sinking story.

I am just glad we’re now able to see what is going on in Europe now. The reports prior to the election in 2016 were usually met with out right hostility.

I remember reading people calling all the reports involved with immigrants and refugees racist lies.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
Ehh, I have not seen anyone in this thread give a thoughtful or nuanced take on this yet other than "OMG OUTRAGED allowing immigration from Muslim countries is bad, grrr Germany grrr toxic feminism" so I will try, although I risk being offensive and getting banned.

This is like running into your college boyfriend or girlfriend who you had a bad breakup with a couple years after college, before you were totally over them.

What is/was ISIS? Metaphorically, a machine controlled at the top by small gears (with few teeth) issuing commands to large gears (with many teeth) at the bottom. Some of the many teeth at the bottom, including the man in this article, made it out of this system into a new system, where he is unlikely to be used by his old system to cause any more harm.

Does the woman in this article deserve some kind of justice? By Western standards, unequivocally yes. By the standards of the system she was living in? She is EXTREMELY lucky and privileged to still be alive, considering the largescale genocide of the Yazidis perpetated by ISIS. In this spectacularly horrific and rare example, I think the moral and humane position here is to be happy that BOTH of the individuals involved in this story are no longer part of the system that allowed those events to take place.

For posters who claim to be dedicated to actual free and intelligent thought (versus a certain other forum, which shall not be named), the posts I have seen in this thread are remarkably dedicated to a certain popular political bent and not well thought out in an individualistic sense AT ALL.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
This is like running into your college boyfriend or girlfriend who you had a bad breakup with a couple years after college, before you were totally over them.
The fuck is wrong with you?

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
Ehh, I have not seen anyone in this thread give a thoughtful or nuanced take on this yet other than "OMG OUTRAGED allowing immigration from Muslim countries is bad, grrr Germany grrr toxic feminism" so I will try, although I risk being offensive and getting banned.

What a stupid fucking post.

Meeting the person who kept you as a sex slave is NOT the same as meeting an ex boyfriend.

Does the woman in this article deserve some kind of justice? By Western standards, unequivocally yes. By the standards of the system she was living in? She is EXTREMELY lucky and privileged to still be alive, considering the largescale genocide of the Yazidis perpetated by ISIS. In this spectacularly horrific and rare example, I think the moral and humane position here is to be happy that BOTH of the individuals involved in this story are no longer part of the system that allowed those events to take place.

For posters who claim to be dedicated to actual free and intelligent thought (versus a certain other forum, which shall not be named), the posts I have seen in this thread are remarkably dedicated to a certain popular political bent and not well thought out in an individualistic sense AT ALL.
You are an absolute idiot and your opinions are shit.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
The fuck is wrong with you?
What a stupid fucking post.

Meeting the person who kept you as a sex slave is NOT the same as meeting an ex boyfriend.

You are an absolute idiot and your opinions are shit.
The fact that two people are so quick to hone in on my intentionally provocative metaphor and ignore the rest of my post only serves to prove the point I made in my post. Point being that the posts in this thread just represent a bandwagon, and there is very little critical thought. The article in discussion comes from a TABLOID, the New York Post. I am trying to point out that the opinions voiced so far in this thread are also tabloid-level in the amount of critical thinking that has gone into them.

You are condemning an entire country's immigration policies -- a major Western country, on par with the United States in terms of economic development, culture, engineering -- everything -- and you think you know better in the post you typed up for NeoGAF in 30 seconds?

Last edited:

camelCase

Feb 8, 2018
Germany's attitude has been utterly shameful, they can take a cue from Poland. They try so hard to atone for WWII that they have absolutely no qualms with reducing the quality of life for their countrymen, Germans. Germany's gov't does not give a fuck about Germans, nor do they care about the refugees who are being legitimately oppressed. They care about that sweet EU cred. Which is the only thing they are getting by giving into sanctions. Their response to this ISIS refugee is akin to US police saying "let the gangs kill each other"

You are progressive until it affects your optics, the gov't of present day germany legitimately disgusts me.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
The fact that two people are so quick to hone in on my intentionally provocative metaphor and ignore the rest of my post only serves to prove the point I made in my post. Point being that the posts in this thread just represent a bandwagon, and there is very little critical thought. The article in discussion comes from a TABLOID, the New York Post. I am trying to point out that the opinions voiced so far in this thread are also tabloid-level in the amount of critical thinking that has gone into them.
Is this the new ‘hur durr I trolled you’

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia

You are condemning an entire country's immigration policies -- a major Western country, on par with the United States in terms of economic development, culture, engineering -- everything -- and you think you know better in the post you typed up for NeoGAF in 30 seconds?
Ahhh the good ole attack the source and ignore the story approach

Regardless Germany has fucked up with in their immigration approach to the point Merkel has walked it back herself

Last edited:

AprXSihezIII

Banned
Aug 19, 2018

What is/was ISIS? Metaphorically, a machine controlled at the top by small gears (with few teeth) issuing commands to large gears (with many teeth) at the bottom. Some of the many teeth at the bottom, including the man in this article, made it out of this system into a new system, where he is unlikely to be used by his old system to cause any more harm.

Not to devalue the effort which you asked of others and then proceeded to go to yourself... but maybe its because people are tired of saying whats already been said over and over again and again before, during and after.

Theres only so many times someone will put effort into sharing a well formed version of "I told you so" before they just shrug their shoulders and simply say "I told you so".

I dont think its fair that the same people you're accusing of being lazy are the same people who got tired of trying to get through to people such as yourself or old gaf.

Take a moment to acknowledge that your post (specifically the part below) is a post that would've never been allowed to be posted or would have resulted in a ban not too long ago.

Jason Gunn. Is that you?

Old gaf would have you dog piled and banned for the above. But i dont want you banned, i want you to be able to continue to engage in the thread and perhaps see why you are...inaccurate, in your perception of the events this here thread contains.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
Is this the new ‘hur durr I trolled you’
Ahhh the good ole attack the source and ignore the story approach

Regardless Germany has fucked up with regards to their immigration approach to the pint Merkel have walked it back herself
Neither of those articles are clear on what happened (NYT or the linked article on infomigrants.net). Who was the guy in actual relation to her? They just call him "her tormentor" - they don't state that he raped her or anything of the sort. They describe him as a "face of ISIS".

My point stands that the posters here are all agreeing "yeah, Germany shouldn't allow immigrants" without looking critically at either the actual situation of Germany's immigration policies, the world that the refugees came from, or even the actual articles being linked and quoted. If you want to have a discussion about something involving vast amounts of suffering and death, as well as the potential for future continued future harm, how can you do that in good faith without doing your best to take a deep look at all aspects of the issue?

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
posters here are all agreeing "yeah, Germany shouldn't allow immigrants"
No one is saying that, these are the most liked or agreed with posts

This is why unfettered immigration policies and lack of enforcement of rules need to end. It’s not just the native population that suffers, but also legal, law-abiding immigrants and genuine refugees.

Its about being smart with immigration, not just letting anyone in and shouting racism or bigot at any who question it

Last edited:

camelCase

Feb 8, 2018
Neither of those articles are clear on what happened (NYT or the linked article on infomigrants.net). Who was the guy in actual relation to her? They just call him "her tormentor" - they don't state that he raped her or anything of the sort. They describe him as a "face of ISIS".

My point stands that the posters here are all agreeing "yeah, Germany shouldn't allow immigrants" without looking critically at either the actual situation of Germany's immigration policies, the world that the refugees came from, or even the actual articles being linked and quoted. If you want to have a discussion about something involving vast amounts of suffering and death, as well as the potential for future continued future harm, how can you do that in good faith without doing your best to take a deep look at all aspects of the issue?
Ik you aren't replying to me, but because they aren't germans. Germany has to look at why it is making so many concessions to foreign folk. They have plainly sidelined the desires of their countrymen.

Nicktendo86

Mar 24, 2009
London

This might be the worst post I've ever read on NeoGaf, and that really does say something.

Lanrutcon

Feb 19, 2014
Did...someone compare literal slavery to a bad college relationship?

Ok then. I must be missing something here.