Former President George W. Bush gives emotional eulogy at his father's funeral.

Feb 3, 2018
USA
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...nd-points-of-light/ar-BBQxpyA?ocid=spartanntp

“He accepted that failure is a part of living a full life, but taught us never to be defined by failure,” said Bush, in a Washington, D.C., funeral service for the nation’s 41st president, George Herbert Walker Bush.

“He stood in the breach of the Cold War against totalitarianism. He stood in the breach in Washington against unthinking partisanship,” said Jon Meacham, his biographer, who delivered the first eulogy. “Under his watch, a wall fell in Berlin, a dictator’s aggression did not stand.”

"...in his 90's he took great delight when his closest pal... smuggled a bottle of Grey Goose vodka into his hospital room".
Such a great American family story.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
USA
An awful man mourns another awful man. Yawn.

And yes Trainedrage before you say it. “Former presidents bad!!”
I'm trying to do better and be less partisan. This is a great eulogy and a heartfelt goodbye from a Son to his recently deceased Father.
I tried to present the story in an unbiased way, if I didn't I apologize.

"The man couldn't stomach vegetables… Especially broccoli... And by the way he passed these genetic defects onto us".

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
I'm trying to do better and be less partisan. This is a great eulogy and a heartfelt goodbye from a Son to his recently deceased Father.
I tried to present the story in an unbiased way, if I didn't I apologize.
There was nothing wrong with the way you posted it I just hate both of them so I don’t really care that they loved each other. Everyone loves someone.

Oct 21, 2018
Pretty sure someone copped a perm for celebrating the death of McCain. Might want to edit that before it’s too late, otherwise cya m8, nice knowing ya.
I didn’t celebrate anyone’s death, which I know you know because I know that you can read. Nice try.

But I am perfectly willing to admit that I do not give a shit that he died at all

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...nd-points-of-light/ar-BBQxpyA?ocid=spartanntp

“He accepted that failure is a part of living a full life, but taught us never to be defined by failure,” said Bush, in a Washington, D.C., funeral service for the nation’s 41st president, George Herbert Walker Bush.

“He stood in the breach of the Cold War against totalitarianism. He stood in the breach in Washington against unthinking partisanship,” said Jon Meacham, his biographer, who delivered the first eulogy. “Under his watch, a wall fell in Berlin, a dictator’s aggression did not stand.”

"...in his 90's he took great delight when his closest pal... smuggled a bottle of Grey Goose vodka into his hospital room".
Such a great American family story.
Nice OP (y)

Nice speech by old W. Very moving.

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Which sentence specifically. Please, explain where I was celebrating his death.
Or I guess you don’t know how to read, maybe?
“An awful man mourns another awful man. Yawn.” sure sounds like you’re happy about it to me.

FYI Cauliflower of Love copped a perm over this. It was before your time, so fair enough if you’re not aware of it, but what you’re doing is quite similar: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/john-mccain-has-passed-at-81.1465068/post-253412338

Oct 21, 2018
You give enough of a shit that you have to rush in here to tell how much you hate a person who is eulogizing his dead father who you also hate. Congrats you are the greatest of them all. You must feel so proud.
Not really. I don’t feel much of any kind of way about it. Don’t feel “brave” or a “hero”. It’s very very easy for me to be honest about how little I am moved by Bush’s love for his dead father.

Oct 21, 2018
“An awful man mourns another awful man. Yawn.” sure sounds like you’re happy about it to me.

FYI Cauliflower of Love copped a perm over this. It was before your time, so fair enough if you’re not aware of it, but what you’re doing is quite similar: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/john-mccain-has-passed-at-81.1465068/post-253412338
I’m not doing anything like that. I don’t question this threads existence and I don’t question anyone mourning Bush. I am just giving my honest opinion that I don’t care at all.

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Not really. I don’t feel much of any kind of way about it. Don’t feel “brave” or a “hero”. It’s very very easy for me to be honest about how little I am moved by Bush’s love for his dead father.
Please seek help because this constant projection of your own insecurities onto people you see as evil will not end well for you in the long run.

Oct 21, 2018
😂

“I don’t care at all, now let me tell you how awful these two horrible men are.”
Well, however you want to say it. The point is the only thing Bush’s eulogy does to me is that it moves me to give my opinion that Bush was awful, and I am not moved by him loving his daddy. Not much more than that needs to be said really. But please keep this going in circles as long as you’d like

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Well, however you want to say it. The point is the only thing Bush’s eulogy does to me is that it moves me to give my opinion that Bush was awful, and I am not moved by him loving his daddy. Not much more than that needs to be said really. But please keep this going in circles as long as you’d like
Sounds like you’re jealous that he got to grow up with a strong father figure.

Oct 21, 2018
Sounds like you’re jealous that he got to grow up with a strong father figure.
I’m going to skip reading into your assumption that I didn’t. 1. Because it could be one of a few problematic implications. And 2. I was raised by a single mother! But I certainly have absolutely no jealousy about people who had a daddy they loved.

In fact my father tried to come back to my life, and I just said no thanks because you know, I just had no interest.

Lmao I’d much rather have no dad than either Bush as a dad thank you.

I know I’m doing the dumb extreme, but if I say I wasn’t moved emotional by a serial killer like Ted bundy mourning his father that he loved, that doesn’t make me jealous of him.

That said, I know me saying all this was pointless as you are obviously just spinning now to make little jests and prick at me in that trolly way you do thinking if you do it long enough eventually I’ll get mad enough to say something that gets me banned. Don’t worry, won’t take the bait.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
USA
I’m going to skip reading into your assumption that I didn’t. 1. Because it could be one of a few problematic implications. And 2. I was raised by a single mother! But I certainly have absolutely no jealousy about people who had a daddy they loved.

In fact my father tried to come back to my life, and I just said no thanks because you know, I just had no interest.

Lmao I’d much rather have no dad than either Bush as a dad thank you.

I know I’m doing the dumb extreme, but if I say I wasn’t moved emotional by a serial killer like Ted bundy mourning his father that he loved, that doesn’t make me jealous of him.

That said, I know me saying all this was pointless as you are obviously just spinning now to make little jests and prick at me in that trolly way you do thinking if you do it long enough eventually I’ll get mad enough to say something that gets me banned. Don’t worry, won’t take the bait.
Dude you have the right not to care, it's just that when you post it as such people get upset. I mean, a death is a death... And when the first reply is a bit harsh you can see how some people would take that.

Oct 21, 2018
Dude you have the right not to care, it's just that when you post it as such people get upset. I mean, a death is a death... And when the first reply is a bit harsh you can see how some people would take that.
And they are free to be upset. I don’t have any problem with it upsetting someone. We all know how much people like being able to say things on GAF that upset people like me.

And respectfully, I’m not a “dude”, thanks. I know you weren’t intentionally saying it like that. Just saying.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
USA
And they are free to be upset. I don’t have any problem with it upsetting someone. We all know how much people like being able to say things on GAF that upset people like me.

And respectfully, I’m not a “dude”, thanks. I know you weren’t intentionally saying it like that. Just saying.
Sorry. I mean dude in the stoner nomenclature.

Just FYI I hated Bush Jr. in high school for starting the war in Afganistan and killing innocent people... Had a band party/fundraiser to help those victims in fact.

It just all becomes more than that when you lose someone who influenced you that much. This thread was not meant to praise the Bush family, rather aknowlage the fact a former President died and his kooky son (who was known for being terrible at public speaking) gave a very powerful emotional speech.

Oct 21, 2018
Like I said, everyone loved someone that will die. I definitely have absolutely no problems with you making the thread and I will make absolutely no assumptions about you and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you being moved by it. I am just not at all.

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Like I said, everyone loved someone that will die. I definitely have absolutely no problems with you making the thread and I will make absolutely no assumptions about you and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you being moved by it. I am just not at all.
Fair enough, I can respect you not caring. I do it all the time.

I love broccoli though. Especially in soup form with goat’s cheese. Or grilled broccolini with a dash of chilli and lemon. Or in a Thai stir fry. The possibilities are endless.
Ugh. I used to hate Broccoli then I discovered whilst drunk that it is truly a food of the gods and goes well with various meats.

Jan 8, 2018
I think I just have opinions that a lot of people here don’t like. And I give them enthusiastically
You are an awful person who wants to be the center of attention because of your daddy issues. You need help, period. A person died and all you can do is let us know that you are a callous person who definitely has some serious issues. No matter his political ideology he was a human being and people who genuinely loved him are grieving and all you needed to do was not post your stupid insensitive comments that come off as deranged and unhinged and yet you could not help yourself, congratulations on being a shitty human being. I hope that no one treats you like this in your passing.

RIP GHWB

Oct 21, 2018
You are an awful person who wants to be the center of attention because of your daddy issues. You need help, period. A person died and all you can do is let us know that you are a callous person who definitely has some serious issues. No matter his political ideology he was a human being and people who genuinely loved him are grieving and all you needed to do was not post your stupid insensitive comments that come off as deranged and unhinged and yet you could not help yourself, congratulations on being a shitty human being. I hope that no one treats you like this in your passing.

RIP GHWB
There are people on this forum that absolutely love when people like me are fearful for their lives and they are very willing to tell me so.

I’m sorry my opinion on the awful former president and his dead dad offended you. But it’s definitely not OK for you to insult me about it.

He lived an incredibly happy life to very old age and died basically peacefully and he won. Swindled all the money end legend status out of the country that he wanted and exploited plenty of people doing it. I’m sure he was real choked up about their deaths too right. You don’t have to defend him like he was murdered or something.

People die when they get old boohoo

But I’m absolutely sure that Bush was very very respectful to all the people that died of aids in the 80s right

Oh wait That’s the exact opposite of what happened.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018
*yawn* and Matt said that the reason Was that I was “jealous because B

There are people on this forum that absolutely love when people like me are fearful for their lives and they are very willing to tell me so.

I’m sorry my opinion on the awful former president and his dead dad offended you. But it’s definitely not OK for you to insult me about it.
You are beyond hope if you cannot offer even a tiny bit of sympathy, seek help.