• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Xbox Live Indie shooters go to PS4 (Revolver Reactor/Prismatic Solid)

Revoler-Prismatic-PS4-BitSummit.jpg

http://www.ps4france.com/revolver360-reactor-prismatic-solid-annonces-sur-ps4-12733/

(Translated from French)
Two indie shooter just announced PlayStation 4 at the BitSummit, the independent game festival held at Kyoto.

The first Revolver360 Re: Actor , is a "game rotary shot" developed by Cross Eaglet already announced last year on PC during Comiket 85.

The second, Prismatic Solid , born from the collaboration between Active Gaming Media and YO1 KOMORI was released on Xbox LIVE in 2010, in the "Indie Games" section.

The success of Resogun visibly given ideas to some developers, and it is not going to complain ...

Revolver: Reactor Video

iWRSEVmOoLkM6.gif

Prismatic Solid Video

isK8lKJ4y9h59.gif

Both of these were, within shooter circles, known bright spots on XBLIG. Revolver: Reactor was on my top 10 of 2013 and is a great game (hopefully it gets localized?). It looks like the end of XNA and the success of Resogun has led these devs to try their luck with the PS4. One other reason seems to be this:

2DCf5mg.png

According to this 4gamer article, at least as far as Japan is concerned, ID@Xbox is "currently targeting only incorporated game developers", and whether unincorporated creators or doujin circles could put their games on it in the future is unclear.

Given the proliferation of doujin creators in Japan this seems like a bone-headed decision on MS' part, but certainly not their first in this country.

Mikey Jr.

Man, Microsoft must have fucked up big time.

What were they thinking with indies. I mean, they lead the way with XBLA. Seems like all the indies are jumping ship.

_Ryo_

Why are so many XBL indies coming to PS4 and we hear nothing about this coming to XB1?

I can see some people who primarily played indie games on XB360 pick up a PS4, because at least they could get some of their library back.

MS done fucked up.

watership

What were they thinking with indies. I mean, they lead the way with XBLA. Seems like all the indies are jumping ship.

Most of these indies were in the Indie game marketplace, not xbla. The place that everyone on GAF made fun of? MS was slow with their indie imitative this gen so a bunch of indie games are coming to ps4 first.

jaypah

I think we had a thread on these games (and more) but the narrative of this thread is discussion worthy.

I@Xbox certainly seems to be taking a higher tier of indie games.

My startup which focuses on educational and puzzle games heard nothing back since we signed up as soon as the program started. Not that it's a huge loss it's more that we'd like to launch on as many platforms as possible and being left in the dark helps no one. At least being declined outright allows us to cross the xbox one off the board and we could potentially focus on buying hardware to support another platform.

xkramz

So many old games. Being reintroduced.... sounds like moneyhatting.

Now once I get my ps4 in May, im gonna have to resist these Indies..

No Love

Banned
I swear, with the flood of quality titles coming (including these indies), the end of PS4's first year is starting to look an awful lot like the end of PS2's first year.

Love seeing that more 'under the radar' stuff like this is coming to PS4.

How so? Old games being rereleased on a next gen system.

Over exagerate much?

Personaly I will stick with the indies on the WiiU.

My startup which focuses on educational and puzzle games heard nothing back since we signed up as soon as the program started. Not that it's a huge loss it's more that we'd like to launch on as many platforms as possible and being left in the dark helps no one. At least being declined outright allows us to cross the xbox one off the board and we could potentially focus on buying hardware to support another platform.

You should contact Microsoft of Chris Charla directly (he's a member here as well). If you applied for the program, you should have gotten a response.

m1tlan6.png

m2tyany.png

m3b6b0e.png

Revolver360 is pretty damn great, really disappointed in myself that I hadn't bothered to check Indies for so long that I missed out on such a great game for so long. And it's only 65p too!

Seriously, everyone needs to check this game out.

It's not impossible to miss an email when you're receiving potentially hundreds a day. Not sure why it's seen as something that simply can't happen.

Amir0x

Banned

I'm sorry you have to go through that. If you contact Chris Charla via twitter or wherever, he's generally good people and he may be able to help you with that. It's infuriating to keep hearing stories like your own, Microsoft has no clue how many mistakes they keep making.

"Lost in the mail."

I respect what Chris is doing but... come on now.

?

As someone who develops and maintains electronic security systems for a living, I can tell you that under stress data loss can often occur even with complex solutions where reliability is of utmost importance (software is usually the weakest link, ignoring the ever-present human error), let alone simple web contact forms.

Top Bottom