• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Theorry

For the new page.

3ZH6NNj.png

First impression is that it looks a bit unremarkable. Hard to tell from that angle, but the rear end looks very tidy.

The s-duct looks a bit funny. I christen it the Duck Car.

The rear looks tiny and the nose is super weird and interesting.

Also, that 1 minute intro video was bullshit. 1 Minute of fluff, 6 seconds of the car.

DBT85

I know it's an angled shot but it looks short compared to most. Looks small in the waist too.

There's a small small part of me that hopes this is their worst car ever, just to put paid to that sign.

They couldn't work out how to get rid of the rear fin. Shocked.

"Red Bull is the least likely car to have shark fin", they said.

They tried to get them banned a few weeks ago because they benefit from it less than anyone because they run the rear on stilts. They got told where to go by all the other teams.

I do find it funny that so much can be derived from a few photos :)

The usual applies. We won't know the real story until after qualifying in Melbourne.

I understand the panic and frustration, but you're definitely right.

At least we'll get a glimpse of the performance starting tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if Mercedes is up to some shenanigans during testing again. If so, then we're definitely doomed.

n0n44m

not a lot of aero detail, but short sidepods, very slim rear, blown front axle (?) and that nose duct could hold some clues I guess

also there looks to be a very small step/bump in the nose near the suspension rods? not nearly as noticeable as Force India of course, but suspension is a hot topic these days

can't really make out the rake/ride height/wheelbase length with that mirror studio floor

wonder if it'll have a T-wing (whalefin) tomorrow

let's just hope they can put in a lot of mileage in the coming tests....

Theorry

Merc was planning on the shark fin at launch. But the fins are really affected by sidewinds. And it was crazy weather on Silverstone with alot of wind. So they didnt.

Zaru

Everyone: "That can't be the final car, it's too simple"
Red Bull: "H-Haha, y-yeah, that's it"

Though jokes aside I expect their Melbourne car to be quite a bit more complex.

Fox Mulder

I do find it funny that so much can be derived from a few photos :)

The usual applies. We won't know the real story until after qualifying in Melbourne.

Mercedes is probably hiding stuff too unless they don't give a fuck, and their car looked a generation ahead on developmrnt compared to everyone else. Their engine improvements are also reportedly better than expected as well.

They had a great chassis, the engine got the credit. They'll still be the team to beat. redbull can nail the regs but still have to rely on Renault engines.

RSP

Just the one picture / video? Why not release some proper shots? Perhaps they don't want people to make the comparison with the car that appears on the grid.

Jezbollah

That hole in the Red Bull nose is quite something. Newey's Rulebook obsession working well there :)

That Haas most certainly gets the award for "most elegant fin design"

Zeknurn

I've come around on the Haas livery and I think it looks good. It also makes me wonder what their car would look like if they had the US Navy as a title sponsor and gave it some P51D or Corsair style livery.

BigAl1992

I gotta be honest, the paint job on the fin of that Haas actually makes it look good from that lower rear camera angle. It almost lines up with the design of the rear wing. If that car had some actual endorment from the US armed forces, it'd actually work wonders with that livery, although it looks better now with those studio shots. Just Toro Rosso left to show their car, and then testing. Oh, and that Mclaren sounds a lot, lot better than it has for the past two seasons. But the jury's out on how they'll perform until some actual testing and racing goes ahead.

Top Bottom