• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Rolfgang

It reminds me of a Red Bull can, but I really like it. The silver and lack of yellow sets it apart from it's big brother this year.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Haas livery looks good in the non-studio photos, I don't mind it being mostly gray.

Toro Ross's livery actually looks better than RBR's. That's a first. :)

Aiii

So not worth it
Did Liberty tell the teams to get better livery's this year, or else? It's so weird that they suddenly all started doing new livery's all at the same time, love it.

Mastah

Damn, I love how these 2017 cars look like (I don't mind thumb noses or nicely done shark fins, whale tails can fuck off, though), it's everything I expected from new rules:

14_8EHllXe.jpg

Can't wait for tomorrow :D

kmag

Am I reading to much into Toro Rosso's ability to ape the Mercedes nose and what it means for RB's design? If Toro Rosso can get a merc style nose then surely RB could as well but have opted for the holy nozzle instead.

RoKKeR

Damn, I love how these 2017 cars look like (I don't mind thumb noses or nicely done shark fins, whale tails can fuck off, though), it's everything I expected from new rules:

14_8EHllXe.jpg

Can't wait for tomorrow :D

So good. We are going to need a LOT of ground-level camera shots this season – front and back!

DBT85

Am I reading to much into Toro Rosso's ability to ape the Mercedes nose and what it means for RB's design? If Toro Rosso can get a merc style nose then surely RB could as well but have opted for the holy nozzle instead.

I can't believe that Torro could crack it and RBR couldn't, because a quick chat over a bowl of spaghetti and its shared between them.

RBR must feel its not worth it or there are better solutions.

The cars really start to look good again, it makes the sport a lot more appealing to me. Those bullshit lower Formula cars from the last couple of year did nothing for me.

Also, the Ferrari seems out of sorts in that picture of all the cars. It looks very long.

Fox Mulder

Shame that Williams always looks awful in the f1 games due to the alcohol sponsor. Cut down to an all white car with a blue stripe.

That's a Red Bull Cola can alright. How can that nose be so smooth?

I wonder why they don't sell the cola in America. We get a rainbow of their flavors, but I want what I can't have.

That field is dead sexy. Force India, why you gotta ruin this? Can you respray to a green of some sort? That would balance things out nicely.

I turned on for the start of the Daytona 500 to catch the inevitable starting wreck. They're separating it out into 3 races, lol. What is this shit? It's actually the Daytona 150/150/200 I guess. Turns out that's the new format for the entire series! Each race has 2 intermediate stage finishes for points followed by a regrid and restart. So the novelty idea of an endurance-style race is even gone.

A random aside, but as a PR stunt the network put a retired driver in the pace car for some in-car shenanigan talk. He's not wearing a helmet.

Berto

I must say... looks good on track, studio lights did no justice to it. If it's fast i'm sure it will grow on me, hope this is at least a 1997 like season, lots of similarities (3rd year with new engine partner, new completely diferent livery).

Staab

I'm so hyped, those liveries are mostly killer ! (looking at you FI :p)

Testing tomorrow ?

Goddamn boys, F1 is back.

2017, pls let there be no Merc domination

chadskin

The one time I watch a Nascar race, nothing spectacular happens. Typical. ;p

I wonder why they don't sell the cola in America. We get a rainbow of their flavors, but I want what I can't have.

Did you ever have a cola-flavored ice pop? That's how Red Bull Cola tastes like.

Fox Mulder

I turned on for the start of the Daytona 500 to catch the inevitable starting wreck. They're separating it out into 3 races, lol. What is this shit? It's actually the Daytona 150/150/200 I guess. Turns out that's the new format for the entire series! Each race has 2 intermediate stage finishes for points followed by a regrid and restart. So the novelty idea of an endurance-style race is even gone.

A random aside, but as a PR stunt the network put a retired driver in the pace car for some in-car shenanigan talk. He's not wearing a helmet.

NASCAR wants more aggressive driving and strategies. The opposite of f1.

jey_16

Banned
that Torro Rosso looks amazing, serious lack of sponsors though

i'm guessing if they can get that nose working then most teams can as well, must be a reason why Red Bull, Ferrari etc are sticking with the thumb nose

Zaru

that Torro Rosso looks amazing, serious lack of sponsors though

That's less of an issue when you're Red Bull's B-team.

I wonder how the team actually feels about all that. Their name, their appearance, their drivers, everything belongs to Red Bull. Beats being Minardi but it's still kinda weird.

Top Bottom