• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakun

Everybody is saying Mercedes PU too strong. But he's gaining all his time in sector 2.. With the softs. It's not just the engine

How much does this track benefit the Mercedes PU in comparison to the other remaining races? Is this now Hamilton‘s championship to loose or is Ferrari still a title contender?

Xando

How much does this track benefit the Mercedes PU in comparison to the other remaining races? Is this now Hamilton‘s championship to loose or is Ferrari still a title contender?
Before the summer break everyone said mercedes will dominate spa and monza. They’re classic engine tracks where mercedes still has a decent advantage.

Thought Vettel had this one at the restart. Ricciardo is great at pulling podiums out of his ass. Raikkonen and Bottas... the hell is wrong with you two?

Doikor

Wait how do they get back to the pits so quick, no in lap?

They turn in before Eau Rouge and drive the pit lane in the "wrong" direction instead of the traditional going around a full lap to get back to the pits. I think this is due to the length of the track. (Spa at 7km is 1km longer lap then second longest one Baku which is 6km)

roytheone

Has to be weird to be part of red bull now. On the one had you are happy you got another podium, on the other hand you are completely incompetent in giving your other driver a car that can finish races.

What? That was a pretty straightforward race for him. Vettel had one chance after the safety car, other than that his win wasn't threatened.

you think keeping a 3 time world champion with a faster tire easy? . He drove the fuck out of the car during the last 10 laps and didn't put a foot wrong. He also defended well during the restart.

BigAl1992

Although Hamilton was comfortable in winning that race, that was a damn fine battle between him and Vettel today. The 2nd half of this season is shaping up to be a corker.

dakun

I'm guessing this kinda aggressive thing Hamilton is doing are his emotions for winning his 200th? Or did i miss something that happened?

Razgreez

Great win for Ham. Nice race from Seb though.

Everybody is saying Mercedes PU too strong. But he's gaining all his time in sector 2.. With the softs. It's not just the engine

Ham has clean air.

I'll quote myself

Relax, they could have won Hungary had they stuck to doing Q2 on the softs but felt the delta between the soft and super soft was too big (it clearly wasn't). They have a habit of snatching defeat from victory this year

It's clear that the Mercedes has not liked the softer compounds all season long. It's why they will continue to suffer on the tighter/street circuits because the delta between the soft and SS/US is just too big at those tracks

Fisico

So for WCC what would be your prediction from 5th to 8th ?

For now it's
5th Williams 45pts
6th Torro Rosso 40pts
7th Haas 35pts
8th Renault 34pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom