• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
What a fucking disaster for Ferrari. Seb can say goodbye to the world title unless Lewis suffers from a DNF.

At least Palmer got his first serious points. XD

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/909388428630003716

hmm hmm, sure that is what happened Ferrari...........

사라•̀.̫•́✧‏ @sarasxphia 3h3 hours ago

VETTEL held his line. Verstappen had enough space and didn't need to turn left into Kimi, who was just trying to pass

giphy.gif

BigAl1992

Anyone that expected something other than a racing incident were foolish. It was obvious from the replays they showed that no one was to be blamed.

As it should be. I get people can be caught up in the moment, but if you seriously expected anything else after that replay, then more fool you are.

EDIT: God that follow up tweet from Ferrari is stupid. Just take the L on this one.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
As always, there's a worrying number of people in the F1 thread who say they're taking a sleep through it.

Should probably see a doctor if it's that frequent.

tomtom94

No punishment from the stewards is absolutely the correct decision. If I were in charge at Ferrari I would probably want Vettel to apologise to Kimi and I think Max is right to be aggrieved, but it happens way too quickly for a "causing a collision" penalty.

BigAl1992

Or Alonso 2012. Ok not the same finale but dat Vettel slin on second turn and he still didnt collide with anyone and saved it...

You could add 2010(2011?) to that list too. Alonso has a prime chance of winning the Championship at Abu Dhabi, gets held up behind Petrov in the Lotus for most of the race, wrecking his strategy and giving Vettel the Championship win as a result.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Why am I even rooting for Ferrari this season, lol, fuck this shit. Brot, teach me your ways, I need them.

McNum

Racing incident makes sense to me. Vettel may have triggered the crash, but he didn't pressure anyone into a spot where there wasn't room. Kimi could have dodged further out, but didn't. And Max got caught in a Ferrari sandwich. Everyone just drove more or less straight, but their lines crossed. And only one car can be in the same spot at a time.

Besides, everyone involved crashed out. Exactly what punishment would they give? Even if someone was to blame it wouldn't be more than a 5-10 second penalty, so why bother blaming anyone?

Orbis

Just watched the race after coming back from the BTCC at Silverstone. Holy shit what a mad start. I'm glad for Lewis to extend his lead significantly but disappointed to lose Seb and Max so early, could've really spiced up the tyre switchover phase.

Dilly

Banned
You could add 2010(2011?) to that list too. Alonso has a prime chance of winning the Championship at Abu Dhabi, gets held up behind Petrov in the Lotus for most of the race, wrecking his strategy and giving Vettel the Championship win as a result.

Fucking Ferrari strategists panicking over that Webber pitstop.

Why am I even rooting for Ferrari this season, lol, fuck this shit. Brot, teach me your ways, I need them.

You simply don't trust Ferrari to do the right thing and never forget that they'll always somehow fuck it up.

I hope brotkasten is okay.

Ah well. I missed the start, but saw the highlights, thanks to Sunhi! Didn't bother with the rest of the race and went back to playing The Witcher 3. It's not like I didn't think the season was already over for them (obviously), but at least it's settled now, rather than during the last couple of races. I don't really blame Vettel in particular for the start, as it was definitely a racing incident. But he simply couldn't afford this shit, after fucking up Baku so badly, so this is probably his Suzuka 2012. Fuck his stupid immature ass. I can't wait until he and Kimi leave the team. And no, I'm not going all Wax on those two, I just don't like them and I like them (behind the wheel) even less, when they can't get the job done.

Mark Webber on Vettel's spatial awareness: "I think sometimes he forgets that where the back of his helmet is is not where the back of his car is"

Shots fired. Mark still holding that grudge from Turkey?

Sec0nd

Holy hell. Only now caught up with the starting crash. If I didn't knew any better you'd say that was a kamimaze attack from the Ferrari team on Verstappen.

Could've been an amazing race if that didn't happen. VER was on fire in the practise and Q rounds. Combine that with the rain and it would've surely been super entertaining. Too bad.

Sidon

Just watched the race and opening crash. How the hell are you supposed to 'save' that sandwich situation?

Fuck Ferrari. I'm glad they were both out of the race.

Scotch

I was kinda rooting for Ferrari after these last couple years of Merc domination, but those tweets sure cured me of that.

Top Bottom