• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Zeknurn

@tgruener
Vandoorne about differences between F1 & Super Formula at Suzuka: "Straights feel quite similar". Joke unintended. Hasegawa not impressed.

Vandoorne didn't realize how funny that was. But Alonso & Boullier couldn't hide a little smile.

Jezbollah

Palmer was always a very good tier 2 driver. Never outstanding F1 material.

He wont have an issue getting a plum ride elsewhere outside F1

John_B

The Palmers initially rejected the amount of money Renault offered them to take their shit and leave. They finally caved or negotiated a better deal. At the end of the day Palmer will not be missed. His only result of the season was a one-off in Singapore and he slipped straight back into his usual turd driving in Malaysia by spinning before spinning again and almost taking out two cars.

He was never in Formula One without the combination of being British and having a wealthy family.

What the fuck happened there, why didn't Gelael and Deletraz get out of the way?

Fun as hell though, I'm not complaining too much. Good argument for getting rid of blue flags.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
OMG. Jerez played the French anthem for Leclerc. Realized their mistake and now playing the Monegask anthem.

I never thought that Palmer would leave mid-season, much less at the end of it. Jesus.

He won't be missed, though. Completely bland subpar driver for the class he was driving in. Even Maldonado was "better" in the sense that at least shit was going down when he was around. Mostly his car, but shit went down nonetheless. Palmer was just offensively boring.

I never thought that Palmer would leave mid-season, much less at the end of it. Jesus.

He won't be missed, though. Completely bland subpar driver for the class he was driving in. Even Maldonado was "better" in the sense that at least shit was going down when he was around. Mostly his car, but shit went down nonetheless. Palmer was just offensively boring.
Maldonado could at least drive fast...into other drivers but he had speed. Motherfucker lacked common sense and looked like he should be wearing pinstripes, but still.

Does Vettel eye fuck Hamilton's car after every time he gets beat?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Maldonado could at least drive fast...into other drivers but he had speed. Motherfucker lacked common sense and looked like he should be wearing pinstripes, but still.

Does Vettel eye fuck Hamilton's car after every time he gets beat?

Hamilton did the same to Vettel’s car.

I didn't know how brutal it was until I looked the Super Formula specs up.

Engine displacement: 2.0 L (122 cu in) DOHC inline-4
Gearbox: 6-speed paddle shift gearbox
Power output: 543 hp (405 kW)

Comparable to a contemporary spec-series Indycar, the pole position lap in a Super-Formula Dallara SF14 at Suzuka Circuit in 2017, 1:35.907, is 5.26 seconds slower that the pole position time for the 2016 Japanese Formula One Grand Prix.

giphy.gif

BigAl1992

I didn't know how brutal it was until I looked the Super Formula specs up.

Engine displacement: 2.0 L (122 cu in) DOHC inline-4
Gearbox: 6-speed paddle shift gearbox
Power output: 543 hp (405 kW)

Comparable to a contemporary spec-series Indycar, the pole position lap in a Super-Formula Dallara SF14 at Suzuka Circuit in 2017, 1:35.907, is 5.26 seconds slower that the pole position time for the 2016 Japanese Formula One Grand Prix.

giphy.gif

Damn....that's cold blooded.

xrnzaaas

Normally I don't like teams firing their drivers during the season but Palmer needed to go. Hopefully Carlos will bring some valuable points for Renault.

YourMaster

Normally I don't like teams firing their drivers during the season but Palmer needed to go. Hopefully Carlos will bring some valuable points for Renault.

Yeah, but like this it is really a week too late, or with poor communication. Now Torro Rosso had to fire and rehire one of their drivers which won't help with his morale. Gastly could have come a race sooner or later no problem

Bleh. Normally I'd be all over getting up early to watch the race... but yeah, foregone conclusion this one. Especially with Raikkonen starting so far back.

Zeknurn

I was about to say the same thing. He adds some much needed personality to the Sky F1 lineup and the fact that he knows what he's talking about is a nice bonus.

Top Bottom