• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Brazilian Grand Prix 2016 |OT| We've Got A Message For You...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
800px-f1_logo.svgkgsac.png

2016 - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix - Autódromo José Carlos Pace - Interlagos, São Paulo

1475747095649ymssw.jpg

The Track:
14468075832261cst7.png

• Laps - 71
  • Length - 4.309 km
  • Race Distance - 305.909 km
  • Lap Record - 1:11.473 (Juan-Pablo Montoya, 2004)
  • 2015 Podium - 1. Rosberg, 2. Hamilton, 3. Vettel
  • 2015 Pole - Nico Rosberg, 1:11.282

Championship Standings
Code:
[B]Drivers[/B]
1. DE	Nico Rosberg		Mercedes 		349
2. GB	Lewis Hamilton		Mercedes		330
3. AU	Daniel Ricciardo	Red Bull Racing		242
4. DE	Sebastian Vettel	Ferrari			187
5. FI	Kimi Räikkönen		Ferrari			178

[B]Constructors[/B]
1. DE	Mercedes		679 [B](2016 Champions)[/B]
2. AT	Red Bull Racing		427
3. IT	Ferrari			365
4. IN	Force India		145
5. GB	Williams		136

Rosberg vs. Hamilton head-to-head
14787112338535fsdf.jpg

Notables news since last race
  • VET given 10 seconds penalty for moving-under-braking in defense on RIC, awarded 10s penalty, RIC moved up to 3rd, VES to 4th in Mexican GP.
  • Lance Stroll signs contract to race at Williams alongside Bottas for 2017, dethrones VES as youngest driver on the grid.
  • Jolyon Palmer signs extension at Renault for 2017.
  • Ocon to move to Force India in 2017.
  • Rumor: Magnussen to drive for Haas through 2018.

Weekend Schedule
Free Practice 1 (November 11th):
12:00 - 13:30 GMT
13:00 - 14:30 CET
07:00 - 08:30 EST
22:00 - 23:30 AEST

Free Practice 2 (November 11th):
16:00 - 17:30 GMT
17:00 - 18:30 CET
11:00 - 12:30 EST
02:00 - 03:30 AEST (12th)

Free Practice 3 (November 12th):

13:00 - 14:00 GMT
14:00 - 15:00 CET
08:00 - 09:00 EST
23:00 - 24:00 AEST

Qualifying (November 12th):
16:00 - 17:00 GMT
17:00 - 18:00 CET
11:00 - 12:00 EST
02:00 - 03:00 AEST (13th)

Race (November 13th):
16:00 - 18:00 GMT
17:00 - 19:00 CET
11:00 - 13:00 EST
02:00 - 04:00 AEST (14th)

t1479052800z0.png

screen-shot-2015-11-1r2sf4.png

Lach

I want Hamilton to win to keep the Championship on the edge (and because he hasn't won Brazil before).

I'm happy for either of the two to win DWC, so long as it's decided in the ultimate race.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh wow Brazilian GP got its own OT? Awesome!

May I ask why?

F1 thread is now a community thread which means the sporting events themselves should be allowed to have their own OT threads for event specific discussion like the other sporting communities have. So from now on I will start doing these for each GP.

Lach

F1 thread is now a community thread which means the sporting events themselves should be allowed to have their own OT threads for event specific discussion like the other sporting communities have. So from now on I will start doing these for each GP.

Great idea and a huge thank you for doing this (great OP by the way).
The different it makes between being in Community or OT in terms of people posting in the topic I think this is definitely worth it!

[edit] If you do this everytime and it's not too much to ask, could you maybe put some coverage info in the OP, especially if it's a live race on Channel 4 or not.

Aiii

So not worth it
It will be the last GP Massa will drive at home. He is retiring.

ferrarifailskuhy.gif

[edit] If you do this everytime and it's not too much to ask, could you maybe put some coverage info in the OP, especially if it's a live race on Channel 4 or not.

I dunno mate, it was a hassle enough to get all the times together, if I have to do coverage for each notable country, we could be here a while. I will consider it.

hamchan

Hope Rosberg wins and takes the championship. I've started to feel really bad for the bloke with how unpopular he seems to be at a lot of places.

Zaru

Hope Rosberg wins and takes the championship. I've started to feel really bad for the bloke with how unpopular he seems to be at a lot of places.

I think a championship title would flip a switch in him and make him a better, more relaxed, and more openly emotional driver. And by extent, more likeable.

Lach

Little tip:

In case you're wondering when qualifying and the race starts in your time zone, www.gpupdate.net can calculate the event times to your local time.

Great Tip
Though it made me realize that F1 Quali and FE Race are at the same time. smh
I hope Liberty Media will check that this doesn't happen next year!

Aiii

So not worth it
This press conference is great, with Whiting, videos, and driver responses. Good stuff. More of this.

hamchan

I think a championship title would flip a switch in him and make him a better, more relaxed, and more openly emotional driver. And by extent, more likeable.

I hope so too. Him being good mates with Danny Ric, with Danny calling him a mofo, makes me think he's a pretty chill guy. He really does seem like he tries too hard for the camera to get people to like him, which makes everyone dislike him.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope so too. Him being good mates with Danny Ric, with Danny calling him a mofo, makes me think he's a pretty chill guy. He really does seem like he tries too hard for the camera to get people to like him, which makes everyone dislike him.

He comes off as fake, and that is never a good look on anyone, even if it's well intended. But yeah, whenever you see him outside of that setting, he comes off as a nice chap. The videos he made with the Monaco crew really show a different side of Nico.

Theorry

That was a fun press conference. They need to do that more often when something happened a race before decision wise.

spuckthew

That was a fun press conference. They need to do that more often when something happened a race before decision wise.

Where did you watch it? When I saw your previous post I checked the UK Sky Sports TV scheduling and didn't see it listed there for now.

spuckthew

I watched it online through a stream. Was Sky F1 as always.
But the replay should be up in moments on YT.

Yep, you're right. The TV guide says it finished at 1.30pm, though, and I checked after, so it didn't show it as being currently on air.

Zaru

It's not exactly an outlandish bet, but I'm finding it very likely that a technical DNF or crash will cost Nico the championship in these last two races. Finishing second behind Hamilton can only work for so long before an unexpected event puts a wrench into his points conservation plan.

mclem

It's not exactly an outlandish bet, but I'm finding it very likely that a technical DNF or crash will cost Nico the championship in these last two races. Finishing second behind Hamilton can only work for so long before an unexpected event puts a wrench into his points conservation plan.

While that's true, do bear in mind that a technical DNF or crash in the other direction would also have an impact on it. Although in principle Lewis does have more parts to play with.

Ark

If we're allowed to have race-specifc OT's, we should be allowed to just have the main OT in the fucking OT anyway. It's a joke tbh.

EDIT: Nice OT though. Glad I don't have to bother with these anymore, I've lost interest in discussing F1 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom