• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 Season 2020 |OT| Drive to Survive 2 - who drinks champagne from a shoe?

xrnzaaas

It's not even race day and yet it's safe to post this...

pwRqLsp.jpg

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I bet Giovinazzi is sweating to keep his seat, especially if Kimi decides to stay for next year. Ferrari will want Schumacher even if he doesn't win the F2 championship.

xrnzaaas

Didn't Vasseur say that Kimi can keep racing for them for however long he wants? Ferrari would really have to push to make Alfa sack him.

Not to mention he has performed better in all races this year than his teammate. Antonio was simply lucky to get the points in Austria with all the DNF's.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Vasseur say that Kimi can keep racing for them for however long he wants? Ferrari would really have to push to make Alfa sack him.

Not to mention he has performed better in all races this year than his teammate. Antonio was simply lucky to get the points in Austria with all the DNF's.

Gio just isn’t very good tbh if he can’t keep up with an aging Kimi who isn’t enormously arsed.

xrnzaaas

The best news out of this is that the new CEO wants Renault to stay in F1.

I don't know how I feel like about changing their RS road cars into Alpine cars, because the Alpine brand is pretty special. But I guess it's understandable, the current Alpine A110 is a gorgeous car but it's very niche by being an expensive coupe.

Last edited:
That was a very fun race. Always nice of F1 to throw up a surprise once in a while and even though there was no overtaking among the top 5, those last few laps were super tense. Pierre lucked into his position and showed extreme resilience to hold on for the win after a mega restart.

More of this in the future please.

So who went down to the bookies and put a bet on a Gasly, Sainz and Stroll podium? How many millions did you win?

I imagine Mugello will be a let down after Monza as there's a lot of flowing corners, but here's hoping. I can't wait to see them flat out around there during Qualifying though.

xrnzaaas

Hulk & Perez should reunite at Haas. They're both better than the current pairing.

Apparently Alfa is interested in hiring im as well, probably to replace Kimi as a "senior driver" for the team. ;)

Last edited:

Breakage

Honestly surprised. Obviously the rumours were going around, but I was expecting Vettel to call it a day. I reckon we may actually see a bit of the old Vettel come back once he leaves Ferrari.

xrnzaaas

So, are you expecting a good race this weekend? I'm pretty excited with all that is going on, especially after the last one.
It's hard to say how it will be with current F1 cars and with the track offering mostly fast corners. I think we'll know a little bit more after tomorrow's FP sessions.

The track layout itself is awesome and personally I love racing in Mugello in videogames. :)

I think with Mugello's track layout and current F1 cars, it'll be a very Barcelona-esque kind of race. I expect a few train of cars unable to pass each other into most of the corners during the GP.

Like I said above though, qualifying should be a spectacle watching the cars flat out through the Arrabbiata curves. Was doing it in Assetto Corsa last night, heaps of fun - but Mugello is a fantastic track to drive on it's own anyway.

J-Roderton

I think with Mugello's track layout and current F1 cars, it'll be a very Barcelona-esque kind of race. I expect a few train of cars unable to pass each other into most of the corners during the GP.

Like I said above though, qualifying should be a spectacle watching the cars flat out through the Arrabbiata curves. Was doing it in Assetto Corsa last night, heaps of fun - but Mugello is a fantastic track to drive on it's own anyway.

watched a few onboards on YouTube today. Looking forward to seeing this race weekend.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So 6 out of 20 cars out with not a single racing lap completed. What an absolute fuckup. It’s worse than an IRacing rookie race.

Grieves

I'm sure Mercedes sponsors are delighted to have their logos covered up on the podium.

FIA needs to stop this shit right now.

I was really hoping Russell would get a point.

That first restart was ridiculous. It's always going to be dangerous backing the pack up that much.

It was invitable that once the americans bought the sport it turned political, they always turn things political and about race and gender.

F2 is at the very least exciting and competitive, compared to the shitshow that is F1 at the moment.

Merc doubling down.

Clueless. I guess you can just ask for anyone to be arrested these days, completely ignoring facts, the right to a fair trial and the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

I look forward to Merc and LH pulling out of the races in Bahrain and China in the future.

Oh wait, THOSE lives don’t matter, got it.

Today was another fine display of hypocrisy from the dumbest, whiniest little bitch in sport. Got the entire team wrapped around his little finger.

Russia in a couple of weeks. 30,000 fans will be in attendance and we’ll finally see some vocal push back to this lunacy. Should be spicy, but I have a feeling it could be the last race in Russia for a while. Watch this space.

Last edited:
I find it increasingly hard to appreciate Lewis's talents over the years as he turns further and further in to an ever dumber, preachy little cunt.

I used to use his name for more than a decade on forums, my PSN name, my Youtube channel... all of that has stopped and the only thing I had left is this avatar, which has got to go. I haven't cared how well he can drive for a while, he can get royally fucked.

Keep your shitty fucking opinions to yourself when on the world stage for fucks sake, I don't tune into sports to see and hear shitty political takes.

Edit: Ah yes, and obviously anybody that shares this same sentiment is going to be bombarded on Twitter be retards saying "ThAt'S BeCAuSe u R a RaCiSt!"

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Hamilton’s t-shirt - “arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor”. What a cunt. The cunt needs to grow up.
It's stuff like this that makes me want to stop following the sport. Hamilton is allowed absolutely everything. Imagine the scenes if other drivers showed up with pro-police/justice system or white lives matter t-shirts.

Anyway the race was cool, but it was unprofessional to have to show a second red flag because of not being able to remove a single car from the track.

Last edited:
Top Bottom