• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 Season 2020 |OT| Drive to Survive 2 - who drinks champagne from a shoe?

Mohonky

What just happen lol!

Stroll P1?

Well done to the lad.

What a bizarre qualy. Merc nowhere, Merc B squad everywhere, Verstappen smashing it everywhere but that last 10min!

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Incredible result. So why didn't more cars try the intermediates? The tyres didn't work well with their setups?

StonedRider

Weird, looks like both are lifted before yellow flags, and for both this lap was fastest, but in Norris case it was double yellow flags, which means "great danger ahead".
For me penalty was too harsh, because his previous fastest lap was several, if not ten seconds slower, and even if he stopped briefly before yellow flags he could've improved anyway. But looks like rules say driver can not set his fastest time after double yellows.

Last edited:

Mohonky

86ifIgH.jpg

Smashed it. Incredible drive.

Verstappen had the speed today but Hamilton showing the difference between being fast and being fast and knowing when to push it.

So happy to see Checo and Vettel on the podium as well. Brilliant drove by them today.

cebri.one

Stroll and his team fucked up as always. Hamilton won. And the other top 4 (Perez, Vettel, Lecrec and Sainz) did a pretty good race. A bit sad for Lecrec, he had the podium in that last corner but he blew it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
86ifIgH.jpg

Smashed it. Incredible drive.

Verstappen had the speed today but Hamilton showing the difference between being fast and being fast and knowing when to push it.

So happy to see Checo and Vettel on the podium as well. Brilliant drove by them today.

Keeping those tyres going for that many laps on that track was pure genius.

He can be a bit of a cock sometimes, but Jesus Christ he‘s phenomenal behind the wheel.

JimiNutz

Banned
Fucking crazy weekend.
Max and Alex both fucked it. Why does Max always push so hard?!

Perez at the end was crazy.
Was nice to see Vettel on the podium in 2020 lol

Ham is the fucking man!
The perfect blend of the consistently best driver with the consistently best car. Whatever you think of him on a personal level you can't deny his talent.

I think Leclerc is the future and not Max.
I love Max but he pushes too hard and will make too many mistakes as a result.
Leclerc is out driving that car. Put him in a decent car and he's consistently top 3 until Ham retires in my opinion.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Fucking crazy weekend.
Max and Alex both fucked it. Why does Max always push so hard?!

Perez at the end was crazy.
Was nice to see Vettel on the podium in 2020 lol

Ham is the fucking man!
The perfect blend of the consistently best driver with the consistently best car. Whatever you think of him on a personal level you can't deny his talent.

I think Leclerc is the future and not Max.
I love Max but he pushes too hard and will make too many mistakes as a result.
Leclerc is out driving that car. Put him in a decent car and he's consistently top 3 until Ham retires in my opinion.

Max will be world champion when he’s thirty. Not before. His immaturity is what holds him back right now.

JimiNutz

Banned
Max will be world champion when he’s thirty. Not before. His immaturity is what holds him back right now.

Yeah maybe once he's chilled out a bit.
I think Leclerc is the best of the young drivers though.

If Ferrari sort the car out or he moves to a better team/car I'm expecting him to be a world champ within the next 5 years.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah maybe once he's chilled out a bit.
I think Leclerc is the best of the young drivers though.

If Ferrari sort the car out or he moves to a better team/car I'm expecting him to be a world champ within the next 5 years.

Expect Lando to do well too. He’s very Jenson Button-like. Not a genius, but someone who could definitely do very well in the right car.

JimiNutz

Banned
Expect Lando to do well too. He’s very Jenson Button-like. Not a genius, but someone who could definitely do very well in the right car.

I'm a huge Lando fan but feel like he's not been performing that well recently.
Hopefully the McLaren is even better next year with the Merc engine. I really like both Ricciardo and Norris and hope they both do well next year.

I still think Leclerc is the best F1 driver in his 20s though.

J-Roderton

Some really dumb moves out there today. Nice to see Seb and Sergio on podium even though clearly should have been leclerc. Like what the hell man.

Mohonky

Keeping those tyres going for that many laps on that track was pure genius.

He can be a bit of a cock sometimes, but Jesus Christ he‘s phenomenal behind the wheel.
Thats honestly one of the biggest differences between Hamilton now, and Hamilton when he was at McLaren.

Have been a Ham fan since 2007; watched him lose 2007, come back in 2008, and then flounder around especially 2011 which was a diabolical year for him, he was bouncing off everything.

I think Hamilton back then was faster over a single lap (most young guys are) but he has changed so much since he moved to Merc and Lauda I suspect taught him how to be a Champion. Hamilton and 'tyre management' was an oxymoron for the greatest amount of time, and he finally learnt you dont need to win every corner or every lap. He's just better at everything now and he is so consistent.

Max would be faster over a lap (in many cases same with Bottas) but come race day Hamilton is the guy who just finds speed and is relentless.

I felt like Max was learning this quite well until Turkey. He stopped doing dumb shit for awhile and got a bit smarter, but that move behind Perez was the Mad Max of old not having any patience

Can't wait to see what lies ahead after Lewis carelessly decided to open Pandora's box. Would he be cruel... so cruel as to ignore them? Will he fall back on "I don't have all the information about that" again? Will he actually do his research and wear a t-shirt for solidarity at the risk of being condemned by the Bahraini govt.?

Either way, GG Lewis, I hope someone has a spare spade for you.

iu

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It's not the Bahraini government asking for help on dealing with the opposition, so I'm afraid his answer will be no.

nq2ESmX.jpg

Last edited:

Breakage

36130406-0-image-m-33_1606382164619.jpg

'I cannot stay silent': Lewis Hamilton discusses fighting racism by taking a knee on the race track as he is named GQ's Game Changer Of The Year

From the piece:

At the race, Lewis wore a Black Lives Matter T-shirt and was joined by 13 of his contemporaries who knelt in the moments before the sport’s opening round of the season in Spielberg.

GQ asked Lewis about how rules of the sport were changed following the Tuscan Grand Prix, meaning racers are essentially banned from wearing shirts with political statements after he wore one asking for the officers who killed Breonna Taylor to be arrested.

Questioned if he'll ignore the ban, Lewis said:
'If I believe it is important enough, I will. I will do it again.

Pierced right through the barrier and split in half. Absolutely unbelievable. Glad Romain is ok. Haven’t seen anything like that in F1 for 25+ years.

Top Bottom