• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One 2023 |OT| Back to Black

Best Livery award goes to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
_98958485_newf1touse.jpg

v4j55q6leoia1.jpg

eng-f1-desktop-1920x1080-1-1024x576.png

2023-grid.png

Download F1 app today from iTunes or Google Play.​

Generate your own F1 calendar import file for FP, Q, S and GP: https://f1calendar.com/generate

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Gotta go Ferrari. I understand black is the rage to to weight reduction but I need a bit of color + classic styling

cormack12

Gold Member
The back seems well snappy on both red bulls. Gasly is doing OK.

Both Ferraris need to jump up a notch. Merc is just in disguise before dropping back I think.

cormack12

Gold Member
Max just in another class.

What were ferrari thinking? Do RB only have 1 new and 1 used softs for tomorrow? And ferrari 2 new.

Does that make much of a difference on a one stop?

cormack12

Gold Member
Just retire lando, topping him up with air lmao.

Too easy for max this, almost like ferrari have conceded for 2nd already

Picked up at the end. Alonso handled that race masterfully and earned a podium for his efforts. Some great racing there.

Good recovery drive by Gasly. He and Alpine managed the undercut superbly. Williams picking up a point on the first race is a good. Sargeant had good pace keeping up with Albon.

A lot of work for Ferrari. Race pace not quite there and they cannot afford fragility. Mercedes average today. Nightmare for Haas. Absolutely ridiculous by McLaren who barely have a functional F1 car right now.

Dominant and comprehensive win by Verstappen. Roll on Jeddah.

SkylineRKR

I am dutch but Alonso is the driver of the day by far. He's a legend. I also feel sad for LeClerc. I am hoping for a fight. And Ferrari's strategy (from Hard to Hard?) + technical problems seem to be no better than they were.

Max in the best car is not going to lose, boring, but its how it is. Last year his start of the championship was horrible and Ferrari was doing good. Now, Ferrari starts bad and RB has a 1-2 already. Mercedes doesn't seem to be competitive. This season is over by summer break if no freak accidents happen.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Incredible what Aston Martin has achieved. Even if it's mainly because of the people they've brought from Red Bull it's still more legit (and better for their long term chances) than doing a 1:1 copy of another car like they've done in the past. Fernando got lucky at the start and then he drove a brilliant race with some small slides making his fights even more entertaining.
Very good races from Pierre and Alex, I think even Williams were expecting to be last, but that's not the case. McLaren was laughably bad, also disappointing to see Hulk drop out of top10 immediately and never getting close to it again.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Alonso shined but Stroll looked good too with his injuries and little practice. They really made a huge jump with a car blended with Mercedes customer parts and Redbull inspired aero tested in the Mercedes wind tunnel.

Jorav

A predictable result for RB. Really wish Ferrari and Merc improved over the break, RBs pace is ominous for the rest of the season. Midfield looks shaken up in a good way. A bad day for Ocon is a good day for everyone. Mclaren not starting well is a bit of karma for last year. Danny Ric probably smiling while he has his feet up.

lukilladog

Max just in another class.

So why was he refusing to slow down the pace unless Checo was ordered to do the same?.

small-smile.gif

Aston Mastin and Alonso becomes super fast

What the hell happened

They borrowed two leader engineers from RB and Mercedes (Blandin and Fallows), among a few others. I expect them to bring the heat at RB at some part of the season because they are still working on the new car and have some serious upgrades on the way... and of course RB has like half the time on the wind tunnel to develop parts.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I am dutch but Alonso is the driver of the day by far. He's a legend. I also feel sad for LeClerc. I am hoping for a fight. And Ferrari's strategy (from Hard to Hard?) + technical problems seem to be no better than they were.

Max in the best car is not going to lose, boring, but its how it is. Last year his start of the championship was horrible and Ferrari was doing good. Now, Ferrari starts bad and RB has a 1-2 already. Mercedes doesn't seem to be competitive. This season is over by summer break if no freak accidents happen.
They had to do hard to hard only red bull had a car with good tire wear to do softs for 2 stints. That car has insane tire wear red bull was doing stints on softs as long as most teams on hards.

k03v1bm.jpg

Fox Mulder

So why was he refusing to slow down the pace unless Checo was ordered to do the same?.

small-smile.gif

They borrowed two leader engineers from RB and Mercedes (Blandin and Fallows), among a few others. I expect them to bring the heat at RB at some part of the season because they are still working on the new car and have some serious upgrades on the way... and of course RB has like half the time on the wind tunnel to develop parts.

The aero testing allowance will be interesting. AM finished 7th last year and will have loads more time over the top teams. Redbull even got extra reduction due to the cost cap penalty.

Watching free practice today in Jeddah… damn how good would it be for Alonso to beat Max.

Really hope Mercedes get their shit together. I want Hamilton to break the record and get an 8th title. I don’t care where he does it either, Mercedes, Ferrari, Aston Martin…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom