• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grieves

Race / Date / Location

Teams

Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton – #44
Valtteri Bottas – #77

Red Bull

Sergio Perez – #11
Max Verstappen – #33

McLaren

Daniel Ricciardo – #3
Lando Norris – #4

Aston Martin

Sebastian Vettel – #5
Lance Stroll – #18

Alpine

Fernando Alonso – #14
Esteban Ocon – #31

Ferrari

Charles Leclerc – #16
Carlos Sainz – #55

AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly – #10
Yuki Tsunoda – #22

Alfa Romeo

Kimi Raikkonen – #7
Antonio Giovinazzi – #99

Haas

Nikita Mazepin – #TBC
Mick Schumacher – #TBC

Williams

Nicholas Latifi – #6
George Russell – #63

Airbus Jr

Banned
W11 vs W12

OS6nrZK.jpg
Dob0Mlw.jpg
Ie7uErG.jpg
MQUN2Uc.jpg
Cmj8Lfx.jpg

xrnzaaas

Ahhhhhh now I get the AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG memes that started popping up.

Also good luck trying to read the driver number when the car is driving fast.

Last edited:

Makariel

AMG AMG AMG!

Half an hour until Renault Alpine is unveiling their "challenger". I am disappointed if it's not blue.

xrnzaaas

Fernando knew what he was doing when he was ditching the GP2 stream.

Livery looks cool, only the red MAPFRE logo near the cockpit ruins it a little bit.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Kvyat's going to be Alpine's reserve driver - nice to see him remain in F1 with hopes of getting a 2022 seat. He certainly deserves it. :)

Makariel

At the very least this might be one of the best looking grids in a while. So far no livery catastrophe... Williams?

Makariel

I think it looks fine. Sure, the Mercedes stars looked better. At least they change the livery a bit, unlike Red Bull, which looks the same every year since we might forget that red bull is an energy drink.

xrnzaaas

An American team with huge Russian flags all around - sounds legit.

I wonder if this is partially a loophole since Mazepin can't race under a Russian flag after Russia's DQ from sports.

Last edited:

Makariel

Secret Haas windtunnel testing footage leaked:

Bobsleigh.gif

edit:
Some think Haas has already given up on 2021:

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

And of course they added extra sounds for Romain's crash. ;)

At least the trailer is free of 2nd Racism bits, hopefully the season will be about actual racing.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I don’t think the mission winnow shit was even on the car most of last season because it is banned in some countries. Wonder if they just slapped it in green for the reveal knowing people would talk about it and write articles.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Ready to ride into my second season of F1 fandom. Hoping for some Checo podiums and Ferrari hopefully not being total shit.

xrnzaaas

Personally I'm looking forward to finding out:
- how much Checo is slower than Max and how he'll adapt to driving for Red Bull
- how rusty Fernando is
- how soon Seb will s8in his new Aston Martin

Last edited:

Makariel

This year will be make or break for a number of drivers. I'm hoping that Checo will get up to speed soon and challenges for podiums. If a rusty Fernando still beats Ocon I guess that would be the end of him. I would not be too surprised if Lance doesn't compare too badly against Sbinbastian. Giovinazzi needs to show more this year or I think Ferrari will lose any interest left in him. Bottas can solidify his status as number 2 driver. Oh yeah and Hamilton will of course win the drivers championship. Mercedes stopped development on their 2020 car before everyone else and got going for this year, I doubt anyone got on par with them, unless DAS did more for the lap times than they cared to admit.

Makariel

First day of testing.

First red flag goes to Ferrari, yay!

Mercedes bit slow to start, had to replace the gearbox.

StonedRider

Personally I'm looking forward to finding out:
- how much Checo is slower than Max and how he'll adapt to driving for Red Bull
- how rusty Fernando is
- how soon Seb will s8in his new Aston Martin

What about young Shumi vs Nikita "The Rapist" Mazepin fight to death?

First day of testing.

First red flag goes to Ferrari, yay!

Mercedes bit slow to start, had to replace the gearbox.

The same for Haas unfortunately. Precious testing time is lost.

xrnzaaas

What about young Shumi vs Nikita "The Rapist" Mazepin fight to death?
Personally I don't care about Mazepin drama. He was an idiot for posting stuff like this on social media, but I'm pretty sure some of the other current and past drivers also weren't saints. They just know what stuff should be kept private.

As for the Haas team, hard to be excited if they already abandoned the plans to develop the current car. And not exactly a good situation for Mick to develop his talent in F1 and show what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom