• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fornite "Ruined Our Child's life"

joe_zazen

it's individual people tho, and the parents the ultimate authority on what their kids do with their time

totally true.

However, as with things like seatbelts and opium, at a certain point society will step in when enough individuals make enough bad choices that quality of life is being affect for the majority.

i hate hate hate the fact that millennials and zoomers will be costing health system huge amounts of money over the course of their lives because of sky rocketing mental illness, suicide attempts, etc. If that shit is coming from garbage American tech firms exploiting human psychology to make billions, i dont give a fuck if parents are to blame. i dont want my tax dollars going into preventable healthcare issues like motorcycle head trauma or sucidal teens. use the law to force helmets and responsible tech.

Kids hate it! This one cool trick will allow your children to take a substantial break from Fortnite.

c1E3loW.png

Probably a totally Alien concept to most modern-day parents though.

parents are just as addicted to tech shit.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
totally true.

However, as with things like seatbelts and opium, at a certain point society will step in when enough individuals make enough bad choices that quality of life is being affect for the majority.

i hate hate hate the fact that millennials and zoomers will be costing health system huge amounts of money because of sky rocketing mental illness, suicide attempts, etc. If that shit is coming from garbage American tech firms exploiting human psychology to make billions, i dont give a fuck if parents are to blame. i dont want my tax dollars going into preventable healthcare issues like motorcycle head trauma or sucidal teens. use the law to force helmets and responsible tech.

good point, i'm all for regulation and oversight where it matters

i go back and forth on dopamine loot gambling, especially in f2p games

My thoughts:
1. Parents refusing to take responsibility for parenting.
2. Ridiculous "give up right to sue" clauses seem ridiculous to me. At least unless it's just a clause making one go through arbitration before a lawsuit.

Zog

Banned
Kids hate it! This one cool trick will allow your children to take a substantial break from Fortnite.

c1E3loW.png

Probably a totally Alien concept to most modern-day parents though.
I wish my router/modem had a power button, I've never had a modem with a power button. Maybe it's an alien concept to router/modem manufacturers too?

Last edited:

epicnemesis

Lost in all this is that in the year of our lord 2015 there was a successful class action lawsuit against tobacco because people didn’t know smoking was bad for you. In 2015. 4 years ago. They didn’t realize smoking was bad without explicitly being told so by a cigarette company. In 2015.
Not 1995, not 1985, 2015.

Zog

Banned
If that shit is coming from garbage American tech firms exploiting human psychology to make billions, i dont give a fuck if parents are to blame.
Then parents aren't to blame in this case.

Why is it that anything a corporation does to make money is ok and it's parents fault if they can't keep up with corporations exploiting kids?

Zog

Banned
Or alternatively, for those interface-less router owners among us!

AYM1YE-plug-socket_2609454k.jpg
My outlets don’t have power buttons either. The point is made though. Problem is, we now have game consumers claiming that games are bad for kids and parents should react to that. If games are bad for kids, whose fault is that?

Top Bottom