• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken is getting meme'd on

So.... let me get this straight....

Pq1HEb8.gif

How's that?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Memes aside. The biggest thing I don't get about this game is why does it look like its being reconstructed from a 720p source in every bit of footage and its on a flipping ps5!

Plus the framerate looks fubared too. There's something wrong with it.

Everyone: Pokemon needs voice acting and a protagonist who isn't silent

Reality:
"So anyways I turned 10 years old earlier this year and became a Pokemon Master against people who have trained for decades and shut down criminal gangs that have threatened the world. That's something I do now. Oh yeah and I just got challenged by a freaking legendary Pokemon that controls time, I wonder how I got into this situation. Maybe I will make it faint, maybe I'll make it fall asleep and catch it. Anyways, this is me, I wonder who I will defeat next"

Shifty

So let me get this straight.

I'm somewhere that's not what I would call the Wild West.
I got my arm chopped off by freaking BANDITS and grafted back on by this crazy chick.
And now I'm kicking dudes into SPACE.

Yeah okay, that is something I do now.
I do Kung Fu.
Suplex jacked-up gorillas.
Maybe I'll hit Level DIE and grovel for mercy next!

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I really hope it reviews highly because the drama on here would be wonderful.
Sad thing is I like the look of the game. I don't think anyone can complain about the gameplay but this " OMG where am I" stuff was noticeable all along. I thought they said they were going to change tack or tone it down due to complaints a few months ago about this?

Markio128

Sad thing is I like the look of the game. I don't think anyone can complain about the gameplay but this " OMG where am I" stuff was noticeable all along. I thought they said they were going to change tack or tone it down due to complaints a few months ago about this?
Considering the potential vastness of the game, I’m not sure how annoying these quips will be in the grand scheme of things, particularly when they are taken out of context.

Mister Wolf

Memes aside. The biggest thing I don't get about this game is why does it look like its being reconstructed from a 720p source in every bit of footage and its on a flipping ps5!

Plus the framerate looks fubared too. There's something wrong with it.

It probably is using FSR 2.0 or at the very least 1080p.

Fake

One of my favourite games is Uncharted Lost Legacy where they are actually strong women. This game protagonist is just a woke pastiche that reminds us every 5 seconds how she's strong and everything is better because she's not a white man. I actually expect a gender reveal and pronouns at this stage.

So it's not about woman (did you assume zir gender?) but all the morally bankrupt stuff around it.

UC:LL > UC4

I'm not implying anything.
I'm outright stating it.
Huh?

Tactical combat?
Rich open world?
Multiple modes of transport?
Skill trees?
Deep narrative?
Comprehensive quest & side-quest system?
Equipment management?
Inventory management?
Crafting?
Magic system?
Time-of-day system?
40-100hrs of gameplay?

Do you understand what WRPG actually means?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Huh?

Tactical combat?
Rich open world?
Multiple modes of transport?
Skill trees?
Deep narrative?
Comprehensive quest & side-quest system?
Equipment management?
Inventory management?
Crafting?
Magic system?
Time-of-day system?
40-100hrs of gameplay?
Those can be on an action game or an adventure game, none of those define what an RPG is.

Also lmao at tactical combat.
Do you understand what WRPG actually means?
Yeah, it means a game that lets you roleplay, being able to play as any role you want, doing tons of different stuff in different ways. The Witcher 3 doesn't offer too much in that regard imo, you can just either be a good witcher or a bad witcher.

It's not just a problem with TW3. Imo the term RPG has just become too wide.

Shifty

Wild thornberry intro . “Now I can talk to animals”
Let me see if I follow.

I'm patriarch to a critically dysfunctional family.
We're hopelessly lost in the jungle with no hope of rescue.
And my daughter is developing dangerous delusions of telepathy as a result of the trauma?

iu

Last edited:

small_law

I can't be the only one that is pissed tired of the "badass woman with a sloppy mohawk" protagonist trope. It's every bit as terrible as the baditude phase games went through in the early 2000's.

As for the dialog, I would rather be waterboarded than listen to that stuff for any appreciable amount of time. It's that exact condescending baby talk Gen Z bullshit that's keeping me away from the new Saints Row.

Wimbledon

I actually think this would've been a more interesting concept from this tech demo.

I don't think it's a bad thing to portray a female main character as weak and frail, whose emotions are erratic at the beginning. Who goes through early trauma to become someone greater as time passes. To me it's not a bad thing to show a female main character as vulnerable. Like even in this trailer her struggling and then getting shot and then using the potion and magic to heal her wounds as she escapes being overwhelmed far more interesting origin and story in that tech demo.

I actually think this would've been a more interesting concept from this tech demo.

I don't think it's a bad thing to portray a female main character as weak and frail, whose emotions are erratic at the beginning. Who goes through early trauma to become someone greater as time passes. To me it's not a bad thing to show a female main character as vulnerable. Like even in this trailer her struggling and then getting shot and then using the potion and magic to heal her wounds as she escapes being overwhelmed far more interesting origin and story in that tech demo.

I forgot that she enchanted a coca-cola generic brand glass bottle to heal her wounds.

Top Bottom