• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken PC Requirements

Stuart360

Remind me again why PC gaming is the way to go? Nothing but poorly optimized console ports these days.
Well thats simply not true, and at least with PC you can do somehting about it in terms of changing settings to your liking, or upgrading your PC if you want to take that route.

It drops to 720p on PS5 as well. Has nothing to do with what you said. It's just a shit game. What other poorly optimized ports did we get?
So it would still be spending a lot more, for much beefier hardware, to get the same results . . . last I checked the PS5 doesn't have 24GB of RAM.

Gaiff

Wait.... Direct Storage Support under Win 11. I thought Direct Storage is supported on win 10?!?
It is supported on both but has additional optimizations and i/o stacks on Windows 11. Microsoft thus recommends it but it's more likely that they're just trying to push more users towards Windows 11.

Kenpachii

This game has flop written all over it. It will once again sell below expectations and the dumbshit suits at SE will wonder why.

Jup 80 euro's, ridicilous requirements. Looks like shit, annoying as hell main character, unknown IP.

What possibly could go wrong.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So its true.
Legends never die!!!!!!!
The Marvels of Pascal was the right headline for this generation.

PascalEdDay_FINAL_NDA_1463156837-004.jpg

GF-1200x627-FINAL.jpg

Frikken bulletproof.
Pascal

Black_Stride

Does anyone remember what the digital foundry resolution/performance was like on the PS5 demo?

Also, I wonder at that 3070 for 2k 30 fps. is that like at ultra settings ?

will need to judge to compare it to the PS5. but if it just looks the same as a PS5 yet requires this much from a PC, then the PC port is shit to begin with in terms of optimization.

EDIT : PC will have 32:9 . Noice. my G9 neo will be in good use ^_^
1200p30'ish
1000p60'ish

All modes dynamic with drops.
I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't have at least 32GB of system ram now.

Those people who told you 6 core CPU's and 16GB of Ram would serve you well once the next gen games started arriving were lying to you.
12400 + 3080 + 16GB.
I await the game that brings my PC to its knees.

Upgrading soon to a 136K (6 cores again)
4080'20G
32GB of RAM, but thats just cuz 16GB of DDR5 doesnt make much sense.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Can’t wait till a game I actually give a shit about has these kind of requirements

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
For a game that looks like an early, cross-gen PS4 game at best.

Square, you know how to make actual, well-rounded games, so fuck off with this crap you're trying to sell us.

Complete and utter nonsense. You wont, but lets see those Early cross-gen PS4 (meaning PS4/PS3) that look even CLOSE to Forspoken.

What could be the reason of this bad port? Incompetence? Bad management? Or maybe they cut out on effort since they might expect the game's not going to do so well anyways?

. . .you've posted PC requirements. . .how are you getting ANYTHING about port quality from this?

People seem really excited by the fact that Sony sucks at optimizing their games.

My goodness. . .what is it about these games that breaks peoples brains?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't have at least 32GB of system ram now.

Those people who told you 6 core CPU's and 16GB of Ram would serve you well once the next gen games started arriving were lying to you.
are you actually fucking serious right now or is this some funny joke because i'm not laughing

LordCBH

Square would’ve been better off hurling luminous productions into the abyss instead of funding this dumpster fire of a project.

I know y’all spent a fuck ton of time and money making luminous engine, but it clearly sucks and you should’ve just cold turkey thrown it in the trash.

clampzyn

Complete and utter nonsense. You wont, but lets see those Early cross-gen PS4 (meaning PS4/PS3) that look even CLOSE to Forspoken.

. . .you've posted PC requirements. . .how are you getting ANYTHING about port quality from this?

My goodness. . .what is it about these games that breaks peoples brains?
lmao FF15 looks better than this trash game :messenger_tears_of_joy: the game looks trash only cinematics looks good

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A game looking far worse than (for example) Cyberpunk while running much worse than (for example) Cyberpunk. Why wouldn't I think the game is either an unoptimized mess or a complete messed up port?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
The PS5 version is shit too, DF did a video on the demo and it's not exactly technically marvel, it runs way worse than those "Recommended" settings (and rightfully so, PS5 is technically weaker than those specs)
I am assuming a shit port of a shit PS5 version.
The problem is how it looks vs the RAM usage.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

If you wish to play at 4k max settings it's already on its knees if the game doesn't have DLSS.
Who hunts Native4K unless you got a 4090.

Ive got a 3440x1440p144Hz monitor.
I do use DLDSR when I can or straight DSR but UW1440 x 4 is very heavy on the GPU.
Max settings does very little to my lowly 6 cores and 16GB of RAM.
My GPU is bottleneck'ing me more often than not thus the upgrade to a 4080'20G
But the core count and RAM count arent really affecting my game.
The highest ive seen so far is 12GB of RAM usage.

But Im not going to get over 6 P-cores any time soon cuz until the PS6 if even then........I doubt any major AAA game will benefit greatly from having 8 or 10 or 12 or 16 cores vs simply have 6P.

P.S
<---- One of the people who always champions 6 cores cuz bang for buck and some good binning is king.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
So it would still be spending a lot more, for much beefier hardware, to get the same results . . . last I checked the PS5 doesn't have 24GB of RAM.
You have no idea how PC games work now do you? Just cuz it asks 24 GB doesnt mean it will require that much. Requirements for games have almost never been accurate and people have been able to run games fairly well. I also like how you completely ignored my question despite yelling "OMG SO MANY BAD PC PORTS". What are those bad ports?

Black_Stride

Sorry you were lied to.

Been system building for over 20 years. If you want to be comfortable always shoot for hardware that is at least 30% above whatever is in the current crop of consoles at the time.
Show us all those games that benefit from more the 6 powerful cores.
Not those outlier titles, but the general titles where a 136K is absolutely spanked by something with more cores.

Hell a 4 core 12100/13100 will get you to 60 in like 99% of games.
And more than 16GB of System RAM is great but I have yet to see any games that actually go above 16GB.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Been system building for over 20 years. If you want to be comfortable always shoot for hardware that is at least 30% above whatever is in the current crop of consoles at the time.
32 gigabytes of ram is not 30% for one, that's double the ram the consoles have, let alone most PCs. 16gb is the standard and will be for the next 5 years. I dont know where you got this "buy 32gb" idea from but it's absolutely ludicrous unless you're some video editor

8+ cores for CPU is ridiculous too since in all of my games ive played with the 5600x, and i mean EVERY SINGLE ONE there has been 0 CPU bottleneck. most games don't even use more than 4.

you're basically suggesting that for 'comfortable' performance you should buy an overkill build which would just bring PC gaming lower than it already is since prices for the current gen GPUs are fucking retarded

Last edited:

Kacho

are you actually fucking serious right now or is this some funny joke because i'm not laughing
If you built a gaming PC recently and went with only 16gb of RAM you are doing it very wrong. I feel like you have to go out of your way to kneecap yourself like that.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You haven't played the game.
Same goes for you.

We haven't played the game, but based on those system requirements it's safer to say that it's a shit port rather than a competently made one.

T4keD0wN

12700k for just 60fps according to their updated specs while PS5 with its Ryzen 3600 tier performance runs it at 60fps. Guess i should shove my obsolete 12600k into a museum.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Remind me again why PC gaming is the way to go? Nothing but poorly optimized console ports these days.

A console quality port would be considered poorly optimized on PC.

Your walled garden also only has about 1/100th of the games available on PC, so not even close to being on the same level as a pure gaming machine.
Then there’s the billion other drawbacks of console gaming.

Last edited:

GHG

The problem is how it looks vs the RAM usage.

I'm in agreement there, but you need to account for unoptimised ports, it's always been the case.

32 gigabytes of ram is not 30% for one, that's double the ram the consoles have, let alone most PCs. 16gb is the standard and will be for the next 5 years. I dont know where you got this "buy 32gb" idea from but it's absolutely ludicrous unless you're some video editor

8+ cores for CPU is ridiculous too since in all of my games ive played with the 5600x, and i mean EVERY SINGLE ONE there has been 0 CPU bottleneck. most games don't even use more than 4.

you're basically suggesting that for 'comfortable' performance you should buy an overkill build which would just bring PC gaming lower than it already is since prices for the current gen GPUs are fucking retarded

I said "at least". There is no workable RAM configuration other than 32GB to step up to from 16GB. It's also one of the least expensive things to upgrade along with it being the easiest.

I'm just telling you the advice I've always given people, it's never failed.

Black_Stride

I said "at least". There is no workable RAM configuration other than 32GB to step up to from 16GB. It's also one of the least expensive things to upgrade along with it being the easiest.

I'm just telling you the advice I've always given people, it's never failed.

Youve been building for ~20 years but cant figure a 24GB RAM config?

A1 + A2 = 2x8
B1 + B2 = 2x4

GHG

P.S
<---- One of the people who always champions 6 cores cuz bang for buck and some good binning is king.

I know, I recall having these discussions with you. And now that it's transpiring there are cries of "unoptimised".

This is why I said what I said.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Youve been building for ~20 years but cant figure a 24GB RAM config?

A1 + A2 = 2x8
B1 + B2 = 2x4

Are you joking? You can do it but unless you configure it correctly you can run into issues. It's not plug and play in the same way that you'd get if you just got 2 (or 4) matching sticks.

There's a reason why they sell kits in 16GB and 32GB.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

1200p30'ish
1000p60'ish

All modes dynamic with drops.

12400 + 3080 + 16GB.
I await the game that brings my PC to its knees.

Upgrading soon to a 136K (6 cores again)
4080'20G
32GB of RAM, but thats just cuz 16GB of DDR5 doesnt make much sense.
Ps5 which is 2070/2070s level gets u 1200p
3070 gives you 1400p probably at higher texture and details. ..

Eh. Need to see head to head. But I knew it. Once next gen games show up, ps5 and 3000 series card will suffer

//DEVIL//

ps5 gpu = 3060ti with 12-16gb vram (raster)
rdna2 tlops ≠ rtx 2000/3000 series tflops
LoL @ PS5 = 3060ti. at this rate by next year the PS5 will be a 3080 at gaf heh.

PS5 is not a 3060ti. not even close.

Watch all the videos head to head in the digital foundry where they compare PC settings to the PS5. even in games where it favors AMD like assassin's creed, the PS5 couldn't top more than 2070s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom