• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken PC Requirements

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
fu6AaQN.png

3070 RTX + 24GBs of RAM for 1440p at 30fps.

745.png

Surely this won't make the game sales numbers any favors. :goog_relieved:
What could be the reason of this bad port? Incompetence? Bad management? Or maybe they cut out on effort since they might expect the game's not going to do so well anyways?

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
For a game that looks like an early, cross-gen PS4 game at best.

Square, you know how to make actual, well-rounded games, so fuck off with this crap you're trying to sell us.

winjer

Gold Member
This is a game made first for the PS5, and it's also sponsored by AMD. So it's normal to run better on AMD.
The 3070 vs 6700XT could be considered normal, as the difference between the 2 is not very big in most games. But 6800XT compared to 4080 seems very weird. I bet someone made a mistake and wrote 6800XT instead of 7900XT.

But the thing that surprises me the most is the vram and ram usage. 32GB of ram and 16Gb of vram for Ultra settings is a lot.
This must have some very high detailed 8K textures all over the place, for those memory requirements to even make sense.

Kataploom

Gold Member
They're asking for a RX 6800 XT or a RTX 4080 for 4K lol, those are all over the place, so I think the 3070 / 6700XT will do 1440p at 60fps just fine, something between 2K vs 4K in those requirements seem more like it's gonna be very CPU bound.
Next gen. Time to upgrade ya shit or.........get a PS5.:messenger_winking:
LMAO, do you think the PS5 can run that game better than "recommended" or "Ultra 4K"? BTW If you lower PC settings enough to PS5 level you're not needing a PS5 and it will run better on both configs

Last edited:

Stuart360

The game doesnt even look that good. Either these spec sheets are way overshooting (which does happen with PC games sometimes), or this is one shoddy PC port.

Bitches be like "next gen, upgrade pc or get a ps5"

My brother in Christ the ps5 is equivalent to a rtx 2060 super and a 3700x
It's entirely on the port
The isnt always true though for PC, remember those countless '750ti stronger than PS4' comparisons?
Those didn't age well..

Hell even the 780 struggles on PS4 ports.

Ozriel

M$FT
PS5 what a beast!!!!

Then you look up and see that the game - announced as built from the ground up for PS5 - is supposed to run just fine on a 5400rpm HDD.

PS5 IS a beast, agreed, but not because of these system requirements.

The isnt always true though for PC, remember those countless '750ti stronger than PS4' comparisons?
Those didn't age well..

How does this rule out what he said about it being dependent on the port job?

Skifi28

Unless they changed something from the demo, it has the most useless RT mode ever. At least the 40fps mode wasn't too bad, assuming one even wants to play the full release.

//DEVIL//

Does anyone remember what the digital foundry resolution/performance was like on the PS5 demo?

Also, I wonder at that 3070 for 2k 30 fps. is that like at ultra settings ?

will need to judge to compare it to the PS5. but if it just looks the same as a PS5 yet requires this much from a PC, then the PC port is shit to begin with in terms of optimization.

EDIT : PC will have 32:9 . Noice. my G9 neo will be in good use ^_^

Last edited:

clampzyn

Those didn't age well..

no need to reply to an obvious troll post, death stranding was already an example where ps5 performed 2080s level and still that game is cross-gen, this people usually base their performance measure because their cards performed higher fps on games cause PC has the option with unlocked fps most of the time, while most these games usually don't push current gen consoles hardware and usually are locked between 30/60fps. eventually 4-8gb cards will struggle running next-gen games at decent graphics/resolution due to vram limitations

Last edited:

Gaiff

Gold Member
Those didn't age well..

It's a port designed around the PS4. Why would you expect something equivalent to a PS4 to run it any better?

As for this thread, do people seriously take requirements seriously? They're shit and don't represent reality 99% of the time though with the game dropping to 720p on PS5, I don't have high hopes for this.

Top Bottom