• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken PC Requirements

yamaci17

ExmLATeUUAMO4Id.png:large

We find out tomorrow.
I dunno how many people on GAF are actually gonna buy the game, but I think we need a performance thread.
Im pretty sure the 6700XT will easily pull 1440p60 if a 6900XT can pull 2160p60
i bought the game on my 3070 and will try it within the first 2 hour refund period

if it ends up doing merely 30 fps at 1440p, i wil lrefund it. if it ends up doing 1440p 60, i will consider keeping it around. i simply cannot promote this kind of optimization, unlike some would believe. if it were to be a game of high quality such as RDR2 that would put me through a fantastic story; sure, i could stomach it. but not this one. it is clear that game is below mediocre. wish it was mediocre at least (65 metascore in 2023 is actually <50 metacritic effectively)

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
i bought the game on my 3070 and will try it within the first 2 hour refund period
Keep us posted.
Post the settings menu too, just so we can see if this is a straight port with presets or if they actually bothered to give us granular settings menu so we can hit those numbers.

P.S If youve got GFE installed check if you can activate SSRTGI in the game too.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
They just posted this on steam

With the Forspoken PC version, you can tweak your game performance/quality with various graphics options.

■ Graphics Options
There are 4 graphics presets to chose from: “Low”, “Standard”, “High” and “Ultra High.” Also a custom option is available to tweak the settings further.
The title supports up to 120 FPS maximum, a resolution of up to 4K and an ultra-wide aspect ratio up to 32:9.
The title also supports super resolution features such as AMD FSR 2.1

The PC specs we revealed recently are based on the following graphics settings.
- Minimum requirements: 720p resolution, preset “Low” at 30 FPS average
- Recommended: 1440p resolution, preset “Standard” at above 30 FPS
- 4k recommended: 4k resolution, preset “High” at 60 FPS average

Depending on your hardware configuration such as storage type, system RAM and VRAM capacity, FPS will vary. Adjusting the graphics setting will help you find the best settings for your system.

Note: Forspoken uses a streaming texture technique to load textures, this technique utilizes free spaces of VRAM.
VRAM is also consumed by other elements such as model data and effects. The amount of VRAM usage depends on the graphics option chosen.

In the preset “High” other elements of game assets consume higher VRAM than in the “Standard” preset.With 8GB VRAM, the GPU has less headroom for texture streaming which might result in a noticeable downgrade of texture quality in certain parts of the game.
We recommend having 12GB or more VRAM available when using the preset “High”, in order to experience the game with high quality visuals.

■ Storage Specs
This title uses Direct Storage technology. By running a NVMe SSD drive, loading time may finish within 1~2 seconds. With SATA SSD it may take about 10 seconds.
*loading time may vary depending on other hardware configurations and the storage devices in use.

The title can also run with a hard disk drive, however for a comfortable experience we recommend using SSD drives.

TrebleShot

£40 on CD Keys if anyone wants it.
I just pulled the trigger but its more of a curiosity than anything, I havent got a day one PS5 game on PC yet.

GymWolf

I bought the game on ps5 but i'm happy they released a demo for pc, i'm gonna try it just for the shit and giggles when the new build is gonna be ready.

if it ends up doing merely 30 fps at 1440p, i wil lrefund it. if it ends up doing 1440p 60, i will consider keeping it around. i simply cannot promote this kind of optimization, unlike some would believe. if it were to be a game of high quality such as RDR2 that would put me through a fantastic story; sure, i could stomach it. but not this one. it is clear that game is below mediocre. wish it was mediocre at least (65 metascore in 2023 is actually <50 metacritic effectively)

Keep us posted.
Post the settings menu too, just so we can see if this is a straight port with presets or if they actually bothered to give us granular settings menu so we can hit those numbers.

P.S If youve got GFE installed check if you can activate SSRTGI in the game too.

A Demo is supposed to drop on all PC Stores today. I planned on getting it at one point, but the PS5 demo left a sour taste in my mouth...I have a 4090 so im going to see how this demo looks cranked up and if it holds me, if so ill jump in

Brock2621

£40 on CD Keys if anyone wants it.
I just pulled the trigger but its more of a curiosity than anything, I havent got a day one PS5 game on PC yet.
Yeah it's $58 for me. I have a feeling these keys will tank within a week so I'll prob wait until then, but I'm very curious how this will run on my PC

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
New Nvidia drivers out as well and says it supports DLSS 3. Strange since it's an AMD funded title.
Says Dead Space and Forspoken support DLSS....nothing about DLSS 3 but we can hope.

Posted in the other thread:
Unless Nvidia is bad a writing or im bad at comprehension I think the Game Ready Drivers for Forspoken and Dead Space confirm that both games have atleast DLSS2.

Brock2621

Grabbed the demo and ran around for a little bit and shot magic. I have an OC'd 8700k with 3080Ti and was able to play in 4k with DLSS set to balanced. Interestingly, it actually has GPU ram usage in the settings menu so I could see how much was used up. I was hovering around 9.5Gb-10gb with all settings maxed out.

winjer

Gold Member
Tried the demo, so here is a screenshot with everything maxed out, including RTAO and RT Shadows.
Had a few stutters at start, from shader compilation. After exiting the game and loading it again, I had no stutters.
Got around 70 fps, with a 6800XT and 5800X3D. With FSR2 on Quality mode.
Noticed this is the game that uses the most vram and ram I ever played. Around 14Gb of ram and 12-13Gb of vram.

I think this looks better than what we got on the PS5, on a similar spot. But it still isn't a good looking title for the performance it has.
FT3JK2o.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Noticed this is the game that uses the most vram and ram I ever played. Around 14Gb of ram and 12-13Gb of vram.
Note: Forspoken uses a streaming texture technique to load textures, this technique utilizes free spaces of VRAM.
VRAM is also consumed by other elements such as model data and effects. The amount of VRAM usage depends on the graphics option chosen.

In the preset “High” other elements of game assets consume higher VRAM than in the “Standard” preset.With 8GB VRAM, the GPU has less headroom for texture streaming which might result in a noticeable downgrade of texture quality in certain parts of the game.
We recommend having 12GB or more VRAM available when using the preset “High”, in order to experience the game with high quality visuals.

yamaci17

Tried the demo, so here is a screenshot with everything maxed out, including RTAO and RT Shadows.
Had a few stutters at start, from shader compilation. After exiting the game and loading it again, I had no stutters.
Got around 70 fps, with a 6800XT and 5800X3D. With FSR2 on Quality mode.

I think this looks better than what we got on the PS5, on a similar spot. But it still isn't a good looking title for the performance it has.
FT3JK2o.jpg
is there a time limit for the demo?

PC Settings, on my 4090 with everything turned to the max, DLSS is set to quality:

Ah streamable cut the resolution on the vids down ill try and upload somewhere else

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

I think the demo is identical to the PS5. So an hour of limit.

I only played it for 10 minutes. But I enjoyed the traversal and combat. And I was having fun with it. Although the world seems a bit baren.
The main issue is the dreadful voice acting, as even the most mundane lines seem obnoxious. The girl is pretty but she is really untalented as actress. They should have gotten someone else to do the voice for the main character.
The writing seems bad, but the actress manages to sink it to new lows.

Spyxos

Gold Member
It is way more fluid on pc at 60fps, but i can't maintain 60fps at 1080p.

Edit: This demo is weird. My cpu is at 90 degrees after a few minutes.

Last edited:

Xdrive05

Surprisingly ran great on my lower-mid end PC:
5600x on AM4
32GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
EVGA RTX 3060 12GB

I only play at 1080p with DLSS Quality, but still it only needed 70%-80% power consumption to keep my framerate way higher than console.

But there is serious shader comp stutter. Fought this big bad on the bridge, and when she did her big dome spell my system hung up for like 2 whole seconds! And when she did it the second time, no stutter at all (which is how I know it was shader comp and not performance issues).

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
No stutter for me whatsoever with the demo, but the framerate is all over the place, it seems to be completely random what my performance is, sometimes I'll get better performance with 1440p and sometimes with 1080p.
Sometimes I'll switch fsr settings and it will jump 20 fps, and then other times it won't go above 40; when I started the demo it was 1440p, FSR balanced 50-75fps, and then in the exact same spot it just decided to drop to 43 fps for no reason even though I was just standing still 🤷‍♂️.

GHG

Gold Member
If you stutter or runs like dogshit on your PC, then nobody will be safe..

Played for 10 minutes. It actually runs ok on my system (installed it on the Crucial P5 Plus drive). No stutters so far, 4k max settings, RT on and without DLSS/FSR/VRS I'm getting around 70fps in the open world. I haven't enabled DLSS because I'm not on the latest Nvidia drivers, will give it a couple of days to make sure no issues are reported with them, but with DLSS I can see it easily being over 100fps. So performance is decent, and the settings/options menu is surprisingly exhaustive however...

It looks like dogshit:

RGDRQa.png

RGDTne.png

RGDE5k.png

RGD6Tx.png

RGDCOH.png

RGDJc1.png

LOD is very aggressive as well, there's a high degree of pop-in.

That was all with HDR off, will turn it on and see if it looks at least the slightest bit better visually.

Gaiff

Ok I just loaded back into the game and there was no loading screen at all. Instant from the main menu.

Direct storage putting in work. Finally.
It really grinds my gears that we've had nvme ssds on PC for years but didn't get to take advantage of them in games until these lazy motherfuckers at Microsoft got off their asses and released the DirectStorage SDK and that's mainly for their precious little consoles. We got it on PC as a side-effect.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Oh and it crashed when I was first trying set the settings to ultra.. not even in gameplay. lol Next time it changed no issues. No crashes during gameplay so far. looks like some frame pacing issues? my FPS doesnt drop but moving the camera has an odd stutter here and there.

winjer

Gold Member
For people having some stutters, try adding the game's executable as exception to Windows Security's Control Flow Guard.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Copying what I put in another thread:

Just played the demo a little on PC and seems like it's running way better than on PS5 with everything maxed out plus raytracing, it goes around 45-65 at 1080p... But without RT and with "standard" graphics quality it stays between 67 and above 90 so I assume it can do 1440p at 60 with high settings, specially if I use FSR and it dynamic resolution, since I'm not using any of those

Well, so far seems to be running better than on PS5... I feel PS5 runs the game like it would run on a RX 6600 (non XT) or so... but I might be wrong

GymWolf

if it is like the ps5 demo, no time limit, i played that thing for 3 hours.

Btw on pc looks slightly better than ps5 but still pretty mediocre.

Hopefully the particles and hairs are less grainy looking.

Last edited:

Braag

Lol not even DLSS.
Pretty sure if a game is AMD sponsored they don't want to add DLSS into the title. Same case with The Callisto Protocol, no DLSS there either, unless that was just the devs incompetence.

Edit: Just wanted to correct myself, the Forspoken does have DLSS.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Pretty sure if a game is AMD sponsored they don't want to add DLSS into the title. Same case with The Callisto Protocol, no DLSS there either, unless that was just the devs incompetence.

There is DLSS. Both DLSS and FSR are in this game.

Top Bottom