• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken will also arrive on Xbox Series X | S, but after January 23, 2025

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
ff7 remake will be coming to xbox as well.

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Kataploom

Gold Member
This is something that bothers me a lot regarding Activision purchase, Sony has been moneyhatting the entire industry to make 3rd party games avoid Xbox and Xbox were being left without much of the 3rd party content already, the "rumors" weren't a rumors after all... Xbox has any right to make whatever they feel necessary to stay competitive at this point.

Current Sony look like complaining of promised some punches while actually punching and repeatedly...

This is something that bothers me a lot regarding Activision purchase, Sony has been moneyhatting the entire industry to make 3rd party games avoid Xbox and Xbox were being left without much of the 3rd party content already, the "rumors" weren't a rumors after all... Xbox has any right to make whatever they feel necessary to stay competitive at this point.

Current Sony look like complaining of promised some punches while actually punching and repeatedly...

Its because xbox fans don’t buy JRPGs, pretty sure i remember reading the sales of FFXV were terrible on Xbox one.

Last edited:

Bridges

I want to play this despite all of the poor showings it had, the traversal alone looks very fun.

I am more than willing to wait two years though, it is not a must-have from what I can tell and there's more than enough to play in the backlog as is.

It may as well stay exclusive if it’s that long. Two years is a long wait and I’m sure people won’t like this, but all of the “they can keep it” quotes imo indicates that it probably wouldn’t sell well on the other platform anyway for the obvious reasons.

NickFire

Two years is over the top for 3rd party IMO. Just not a fan of being punitive with others work. If it was truly co-developed then I might change my opinion.

Creative Sony does great things. Stick with positive reinvestment of revenue and less money to just restrict access from other’s work.

light2x

MS will already have had several critically acclaimed RPGs by then lol.

We're getting Avowed, Fable, Starfield, Inexile RPG, The Outer Worlds 2, RPG by iO interactive and more unannounced RPGs in development. I doubt Xbox fans will even want this game at that point lol.

DavidGzz

Minimum PC specs for Forsaken are 4GB RAM and Geforce 510. And an HDD.
The Series S has considerably less RAM than the other 9th gen consoles. In fact it is closer to 8th gen in that department.

Back to back posts only on GAF. The Series S murders those minimum PC specs. You were saying?

I see you said this was a prediction. Well, either way, there is no way you'll need a PC as strong as a Series S to run this game, the graphics are PS4 level...

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

SE must be really struggling for cash to have Sony seemingly so easily locking up their games as timed exclusives. Capcom and Bamco have both recently hinted at them not doing that anymore as they want growth on PC, which delayed releases hurt. FF7R was delayed for so long before Steam release, it sort of flopped on that platform. Either SE are extremely short term thinkers or they're struggling.

cireza

I would have supported this day one like FF XV and the FF XIII trilogy BC, but since Xbox players are being taken for fools by Square Enix, they can kindly fuck off with their game.

John Wick

Why don't Microsoft lawyers mention this to CMA and other bodies? Sony is giving them ammunition and they're not using it.

I don't care for this game or ff but I guess it's bad for those who like it.
Your joking? This deal could have been available to Microsoft if they wanted to pay for it. This deal isn't down to Sony. The game is owned by SE. They decide if they want to do an exclusivity and marketing deal. Nothing preventing Xbox from doing these deals which they have been.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Your joking? This deal could have been available to Microsoft if they wanted to pay for it. This deal isn't down to Sony. The game is owned by SE. They decide if they want to do an exclusivity and marketing deal. Nothing preventing Xbox from doing these deals which they have been.

It's kinda fascinating how this Xbox community acting like there complete stupid right now and don't know how this industry works for generations and generations. They are the only onces constantly bitching about Timted exclusives, but completely forget that MS shows are full of

"CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE"

"XBOX CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE"

"XBOX TIMED EXCLUSIVE"

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Just like every other deal? Just like ABK was up for sale and Microsoft decided to do it when Facebook refused. Your point?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I would be pissed if it was on GP as it’d take the spot of another, most likely better game.

Let’s see how well it will sell at full price and how many people are « too good for a AAA action game from Square Enix », shall we?
Microsoft could have afforded to buy both this and other games if they wanted to.
Why have any SE games on gamepass when Xbox can get bangers like the medium or scorn?!?
Nice cherry picking Bro.

Warhammer 40k: Darktide
Doom series
Persona 5 Royal
Chivalry 2
Valheim
AC odyssey
AC origins
Grid series
Immortal fenyx rising
Death Stranding
Gr widlands
Yakuza series
TW three kingdoms
Sniper elite 5
Back 4 Blood

These games alone are from March this year to now, with other big games on the list.

If you legit thinks there's only crap on GP, then it's pretty obvious that the only games you enjoy are developed and produced by specific studios.

And its not hard to figure out with your comment either.

Sony is like a spoiled kid which parents always gave them everything they were pointing at, and now that one piece of the candy gets taken away they cry until they get what they want.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Microsoft could have afforded to buy both this and other games if they wanted to.

Nice cherry picking Bro.

Doom series
Persona 5 Royal
Chivalry 2
Valheim
AC odyssey
AC origins
Grid series
Immortal fenyx rising
Death Stranding
Gr widlands
Yakuza series
TW three kingdoms
Sniper elite 5
Back 4 Blood

These games alone are from March this year to now, with other big games on the list.

If you legit thinks there's only crap on GP, then it's pretty obvious that the only games you enjoy are developed and produced by specific studios.

Sony is like a spoiled kid which parents always gave them everything they were pointing at, and now that one piece of the candy gets taken away they cry until they get what they want.

Xbox fans themselves are downplaying Gamepass games or timed exclusives compared to timed exclusives from PS. Every time a PS fans counters, the only argument you see from Xbox fans are "But those timed exclusives on Xbox are indies, they are not well known, STALKER 2 isn't a big game, Warhammer isn't big, those are mediocre games compared to the games Sony is taking away from our beloved xbox platform".

It's just funny as hell. You actually admit yourselves that MS is incapable of making good deals. Maybe you should look at MS and Xbox on that, because Xbox fans swallow too much what Phill Spencer serves. them.

The Xbox community themselves are the onces who are crying about everything Sony does, because MS itself isn't doing anything. They are rejecting project blame them. Why should Sony care about a company that has never been consistent in those what....20+ years?

Nothing stops MS from making deals, if a publisher of dev doesn't want to work with them, it's their own fault. And looking at Xbox their track record, then i can see why pubs or devs pitching their project first for Sony and not MS.

Last edited:

Kiraly

Xbox fans themselves are downplaying Gamepass games or timed exclusives compared to timed exclusives from PS. Every time a PS fans counters, the only argument you see from Xbox fans are "But those timed exclusives on Xbox are indies, they are not well known, STALKER 2 isn't a big game, Warhammer isn't big, those are mediocre games compared to the games Sony is taking away from our beloved xbox platform".

It's just funny as hell. You actually admit yourselves that MS is incapable of making good deals. Maybe you should look at MS and Xbox on that, because Xbox fans swallow too much what Phill Spencer serves. them.

The Xbox community themselves are the onces who are crying about everything Sony does, because MS itself isn't doing anything. They are rejecting project blame them. Why should Sony care about a company that has never been consistent in those what....20+ years?

Nothing stops MS from making deals, if a publisher of dev doesn't want to work with them, it's their own fault. And looking at Xbox their track record, then i can see why pubs or devs pitching their project first for Sony and not MS.
Oh they're plenty capable making good deals. Bethesda and Activision come to mind.

The_Mike

Xbox fans themselves are downplaying Gamepass games or timed exclusives compared to timed exclusives from PS.
I don't get what you are saying here.

Where do xbox players downplay game pass games and say they are shit?

You do realise GP is not a requirement to play on xbox right? If you don't like it, you don't pay for it.

"But those timed exclusives on Xbox are indies, they are not well known, STALKER 2 isn't a big game, Warhammer isn't big, those are mediocre games compared to the games Sony is taking away from our beloved xbox platform".
Who the fuck says that lol.

Not on this forum.

It's just funny as hell. You actually admit yourselves that MS is incapable of making good deals
What are you smoking? I'm not saying any of that.

Cba to quote the rest, it's just fanboy nonsense not worth quoting.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Oh they're plenty capable making good deals. Bethesda and Activision come to mind.

Ow so they are timed exclusive deals?

The_Mike The_Mike

Every time they compare it to the PS5 timed exclusive games, just to make a excuse that those timed exclusives from Xbox aren't in the same league so we shouldn't bother about that? Its just a excuse to act like only PS is making timed exclusives deals to take away games from other platforms.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Ow so they are timed exclusive deals?

The_Mike The_Mike

Every time they compare it to the PS5 timed exclusive games, just to make a excuse that those timed exclusives from Xbox aren't in the same league so we shouldn't bother about that? Its just a excuse to act like only PS is making timed exclusives deals to take away games from other platforms.
I don't care what other people do or do not.

Everything you write is something I've literally never said or have meant in any way.

I do get it though. You sound like an extremist fanboy who does anything to defend a plastic box you love, seeing everyone else as an enemy and a generic point of view, as if everyone is the same person.

Grow up.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I don't care what other people do or do not.

Everything you write is something I've literally never said or have meant in any way.

I do get it though. You sound like an extremist fanboy who does anything to defend a plastic box you love, seeing everyone else as an enemy and a generic point of view, as if everyone is the same person.

Grow up.

Nice cherry picking Bro.

Doom series
Persona 5 Royal
Chivalry 2
Valheim
AC odyssey
AC origins
Grid series
Immortal fenyx rising
Death Stranding
Gr widlands
Yakuza series
TW three kingdoms
Sniper elite 5
Back 4 Blood

So what is this post all about? Not trying do defend Philly boy Spencer?

Like i said, your nose is bleeding, you have never seen someone saying that? And yes, almost all xbox fanboys on this website are sticking their head into the ground when it comes to Xbox timed exclusives.

Constantly trying to ignore the existence just to cry about timed exclusives from PS.

That is double standards

Last edited:
MS spent ~80B between Bethesda and Activision. They could've used the same business tactics as Sony (and every retail business in the world) to "moneyhat" ten times as much as Sony. They chose a different path. Is what it is...

Last edited:

John Wick

Just like every other deal? Just like ABK was up for sale and Microsoft decided to do it when Facebook refused. Your point?
Your point? You wanted MS to use this for the CMA. Are you comparing buying a giant 3rd party publisher and studios to 3rd party timed exclusivity deal???

S0ULZB0URNE

Where weren’t you allowed to criticize it?
Lots of people has talked about performance issues, like in Lost Woods where it was quite horrible.

Anyhow, 97 on Metacritic from 109 critics, 199 media outlets gave it the GOTY award. You’re calling the whole industry blind fans.
Aren’t you a game reviewer though? You have the power to bring attention to performance issues. What was your score? And what did you think about Ocarina of Time? And Shadow of the Colossus?
Can I just say that even though performance is a metric... BOTW is still legendary.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That the game will release on Xbox? Yes.
Exactly. Since Square sold their only 2 studios I give a shit about I would be quite happy if none of their weeb games ever come to Xbox. Now if Sony starts moneyhatting the games from the studios Embracer bought that would really piss me off.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Its because xbox fans don’t buy JRPGs, pretty sure i remember reading the sales of FFXV were terrible on Xbox one.
That I can understand, but then you have jap devs putting their games on PC, which is just half step for putting them on Xbox, which I could understand if they don't want to play test being small studios, but Square? I mean, ok, let's say the board will allow devs not put the game on Xbox because of feels and whatever, but then you have this statement claiming a 2 years exclusivity which means Sony just paid them to not put the game on Xbox... If they were to avoid the platform for any other reason, they'd just say the plain old "We believe Y-platform is the best choice for our game and won't be putting it in another one blah blah blah" but they clearly are not... 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom