• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

.hacked

Fortnite been my go to unwinding game when I get home from work since Destiny 2 got to be such a grind. I don’t even know what to do in that game any more. Least with Fortnite I can play 2-3 games lvl up 5 times and might get a skin.

like to add G.I.Joe to my request list, maybe a whole hasbro season...

Thinking about it they should re-skin the map and just have character skins based on Star Wars and release it as a separate game- or a separate option in game. Play as any character from any era, add in some extra melee combat for lightsabers and you have a great Star Wars game. The map already has the right mix of environments.
Not exactly what you're asking for but last year's Star Wars mode was fun.
uLCL4Bg.jpg

UmM6BCS.jpg

RY1tZUn.jpg

GIrvZo9.jpg

splattered

There was a specific point in the show where Geoff stated drops are now enabled, within that 30 minute window if you watched the event via one of the drops-enabled streams then you're entitled to receive the wrap by 15th Dec.

Just gotta be patient after that, cheers.

Ok thanks! I was just watching it in the general gameawards twitch channel.. hopefully that qualifies? I saw everyone in the stream spamming !claim and other stuff and i'm like WTF DO I DO? haha

Ok thanks! I was just watching it in the general gameawards twitch channel.. hopefully that qualifies? I saw everyone in the stream spamming !claim and other stuff and i'm like WTF DO I DO? haha
Ah, now I see why you were confused. I'm assuming most of that spam consisted of easily duped Fortnite players (of all ages) and perhaps some trolls getting the ball rolling haha.

Yea the main TGA stream is one of the avenues for doing so.

And here's the part I was talking about, I've timestamped it accordingly:

Huge fan of Halo so had to get the MC skin, looks incredible in Detail and some reason sits well in the world!
I'm not even a Halo fan (not because I don't like them, just don't really have the opportunity to play them) and I had to snap him up, his design has always been very pleasing and iconic.

I think his existence gave id a hard time when they had to reimagine the Doom Guy into the Doom Slayer; can't have him look too much like MC, so Doom Slayer ends up looking like a berserk beefcake.

splattered

Just found out you can only gift 5 or 6 items a day. Wtf is this? I bought the master chief bundle for myself yesterday and then went to gift the bundle to my wife and kids but discovered you can't gift the bundle because it's discounted.. so I start gifting items separately and only managed to get my wife's set done and one item for my son. Will have to continue today whenever the timer restarts. What a pain in the ass!

Compsiox

Banned
I played Fortnite for the second time ever today for Blood Gulch. It's honestly not so bad. I had some fun. Due to the fact that it didn't feel like Halo at all, it didn't really feel like Blood Gulch. Still had fun though. BTW guns feel fucking terrible in fortnite.

Bought two Master Chief skins after ridiculing, admonishing, and lambasting everyone in here for being interested in skins.

When-Cersei-Has-Walk-Through-Town-Naked.gif
Everyone has their Helen of Troy, was only a matter of time till Donald Mustard found yours and made you squeal.

It's okay. As punishment for trolling those of us who have been ahead on the cosmetics curve, you'll have to wear a new avatar on GAF for a week. I present to you your two choices:
lkZX6nF.jpg

H0c2SFL.jpg

P.S. Was one of the MC skins a gift for your brother?

Cool bit of info about the Master Chief skin in Fortnite: the model was done by Kolby Jukes, who was also responsible for MC's look in Infinite.
I concepted and modeled Master Chief for Halo: Infinite. The model was seen in the E3 2019 Halo Infinite trailer and July 2020 campaign gameplay demo.

Master Chief’s design for Infinite pulls heavily from Shinji Aramaki’s design for Chief from his short film ‘The Package’ from Halo: Legends (2010). Bungie’s design from Halo 3 was obviously another huge point of reference.
Quotes taken from here.
Déjà vu! I had the opportunity to create the HP model for Fortnite's Masterchief skin.
And this quote is from here.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Everyone has their Helen of Troy, was only a matter of time till Donald Mustard found yours and made you squeal.

It's okay. As punishment for trolling those of us who have been ahead on the cosmetics curve, you'll have to wear a new avatar on GAF for a week. I present to you your two choices:
lkZX6nF.jpg

H0c2SFL.jpg

P.S. Was one of the MC skins a gift for your brother?

Lol, yeah. In my defense, me and my brother have dropped exclusively just east of Slurpy to get that purple rocket launcher, and then the rest of the match we set ambushes up in trees by dropping fake loot piles underneath...so we needed a green skin to hide better.

Lol, yeah. In my defense, me and my brother have dropped exclusively just east of Slurpy to get that purple rocket launcher, and then the rest of the match we set ambushes up in trees by dropping fake loot piles underneath...so we needed a green skin to hide better.
Huge props to you for being a good sport :D

And I guessed wrongly, was thinking you'd pick the reflection for your avatar since it sort of contains MC in it.

Like I told you some time ago, cosmetics make the experience more enjoyable; you don't need to defend your decision. Just enjoy the skin to its fullest, that's all you gotta do.

splattered

Man i hate how gifting works in this game... i was hoping the "5 per day" thing would lift today at noon central, but no... i might actually have to wait until 7pm or so tonight which would be a full 24 hours since i started gifting my family members chief items last night... and then Master Chief may not even be in the shop by the time gifting unlocks again unless they put him in again for a full cycle like they did with Kratos. Ughhh.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Man i hate how gifting works in this game... i was hoping the "5 per day" thing would lift today at noon central, but no... i might actually have to wait until 7pm or so tonight which would be a full 24 hours since i started gifting my family members chief items last night... and then Master Chief may not even be in the shop by the time gifting unlocks again unless they put him in again for a full cycle like they did with Kratos. Ughhh.

1: I want to be part of your family
2: Could you make a different account, maybe use a different card? Or is it more of a surprise, and friending them on the new account would ruin that?

Don't sweat it. I'm fairly certain MC will be in for a similar period to Kratos.

2: Could you make a different account, maybe use a different card? Or is it more of a surprise, and friending them on the new account would ruin that?
If I remember correctly there is a two day 'probation' period before gifting is activated for new friends, so it wouldn't change anything.

splattered

I'm a dumbass and bought the $79 Vbucks bundle that gives you 35% more because i didn't click into the discounted Chief bundle to see that you can't gift it. Epic only lets you gift the full priced items which sucks ass.

If i had properly checked everything out yesterday morning/afternoon i would have just given each family member a $20 XBL card and let them buy the bundle themselves but i was busy working and trying to multitask and fucked up.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Seeing the snow come in, bit by bit, is pretty awesome. Don’t miss out on the winter for the game, if you haven’t been playing for a while!

Not sure about the new rifle. As a commonly available sniper, since we don’t have those anymore, sure. 👍 As some new weapon (it does have a purple variant, so it’s supposed to compete with the others)... ehhh. It feels like one of Epics old Chapter 1 sniper experiments that never used to pan out. We’ll see though. There’s possible potential if I can get used to it.

The Dragon’s Breath sniper on the other hand, seems completely awesome. Setting everything you shoot on fire is really crazy, and maybe quite useful.

Really waiting for everything winter to kick in. I didn’t get to play much last year, but I loved how snowstorms would roll in to where you couldn’t see a foot in front of you, and how that completely changed the game mid-match. I hope they keep that this year.

30GB is already pretty fucking small when it comes to games these days. Being able to shave that nearly in half is pretty nice.
The way I see it, they're just welcoming lower spec PCs into the Switch Club.

The thing about these cosmetics-laden GAAS games is that the size inevitably balloons over time. Fortnite started out at 2044MB on Switch (this was midway through C1S4) and now it's sitting at 11.7GB.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Is it still only battle royale or have they finally added other game modes?

Is it still only battle royale or have they finally added other game modes?
Main mode is still BR. There's the solo/co-op PvE mode, Save The World(requires a purchase) as well as Creative mode (think of it as Fortnite Minecraft) and a Party mode which I'd describe as a mini game-laden lobby.

Every now and then they introduce Limited Time Modes (LTMs) that, as the name suggests, is available for a period of time ranging from a few days to weeks:

Last season we saw two Marvel related modes, where you could choose and use various Marvel superhero powers to fight the other team (felt like it was inspired by Spellbreak, personally). There was also the Crazy Taxi-inspired mode (whose name I can't recall).

Right now there's a mode inspired by Among Us, called Spy Within. Haven't tried it yet to say how it plays.

The_Mike

Main mode is still BR. There's the solo/co-op PvE mode, Save The World(requires a purchase) as well as Creative mode (think of it as Fortnite Minecraft) and a Party mode which I'd describe as a mini game-laden lobby.

Every now and then they introduce Limited Time Modes (LTMs) that, as the name suggests, is available for a period of time ranging from a few days to weeks:

Last season we saw two Marvel related modes, where you could choose and use various Marvel superhero powers to fight the other team (felt like it was inspired by Spellbreak, personally). There was also the Crazy Taxi-inspired mode (whose name I can't recall).

Right now there's a mode inspired by Among Us, called Spy Within. Haven't tried it yet to say how it plays.

I have save the world but didn't they abandon that? Was also fun for a whole but it became boring because everything was basically the same.

I kinda do like it especially now with a sub that gives this much tbh.

But I fucking hate BR personally I think it's the world form of pvp, which is probably the sole reason why I never got into fortnite.

Saw some clips with master chief in ctd which looked fun, but it's something limited again and it sucks to only return for limited game modes.

I have save the world but didn't they abandon that? Was also fun for a whole but it became boring because everything was basically the same.

But I fucking hate BR personally I think it's the world form of pvp, which is probably the sole reason why I never got into fortnite.

Saw some clips with master chief in ctd which looked fun, but it's something limited again and it sucks to only return for limited game modes.
Yea I covered some of that in an earlier reply.

My main issue with STW is that it's modelled after Warframe with regards to how many little things are in there just to complicate matters.

On top of that it's just extremely grindy. There are people who enjoy the challenge of figuring out builds (not characters, but forts) that can survive the onslaught but it usually boils down to exploiting the AI and certain limitations (Eg. Enemy spawn counts). Then when they've found a comfortably reliable strategy, Epic makes some changes to screw them over, lol.

When you say sub are you talking about the Fortnite Crew thing?

Hmm, I won't try and convince you of BR because everyone has their own background and preferences with these things. Suffice to say that a huge factor of success comes down to mechanical skill, knowledge.....and having low ping, lolol.

You could also just mess around in Team Rumble, which has been a permanent mode for quite some time. It still retains the core Fortnite mechanics of harvesting, building and editing, but it also adds in gliding on demand (just jump from a high enough point and press jump again to glide) as well as unlimited respawns upon death.

It basically trades the tension of BR for the chaos of having 16v16 (typically a bunch if leavers and AFKers though) in a relatively small circle.

The_Mike

Yea I covered some of that in an earlier reply.

My main issue with STW is that it's modelled after Warframe with regards to how many little things are in there just to complicate matters.

On top of that it's just extremely grindy. There are people who enjoy the challenge of figuring out builds (not characters, but forts) that can survive the onslaught but it usually boils down to exploiting the AI and certain limitations (Eg. Enemy spawn counts). Then when they've found a comfortably reliable strategy, Epic makes some changes to screw them over, lol.

When you say sub are you talking about the Fortnite Crew thing?

Hmm, I won't try and convince you of BR because everyone has their own background and preferences with these things. Suffice to say that a huge factor of success comes down to mechanical skill, knowledge.....and having low ping, lolol.

You could also just mess around in Team Rumble, which has been a permanent mode for quite some time. It still retains the core Fortnite mechanics of harvesting, building and editing, but it also adds in gliding on demand (just jump from a high enough point and press jump again to glide) as well as unlimited respawns upon death.

It basically trades the tension of BR for the chaos of having 16v16 (typically a bunch if leavers and AFKers though) in a relatively small circle.

Epic released a subscription where you get v bucks etc as Evilore stated.

And that game other game mode, can you use that game mode to unlock season pass missions?

Epic released a subscription where you get v bucks etc as Evilore stated.

And that game other game mode, can you use that game mode to unlock season pass missions?
So you are indeed referring to Fortnite Crew. It's a subscription in name only.

Think of it as paying 12USD a month to get the featured skin + 1000 vbucks and access to the Battle Pass or 950 vbucks (the cost of the BP) if you already own the BP for that season, cause a full season always last for at least 70 days (lately it's around 100 days).

That additional 950 vbucks only happens for the season it is in, meaning if you 'subscribe' for this month and the next, you don't get another 950 vbucks next month.

It's a subscription in the sense that it'll auto-renew if you don't turn it off after making the purchase.

Also, I can't figure out what you're asking in the question but I'll take a stab at it.

Battle Pass missions have been unconnected to ownership of the BP for a few seasons now, meaning you can earn the XP from completing the missions, but you won't obtain the rewards until you purchase the BP. Some of the rewards are free but most of the desirable ones require you to own the BP and reach the necessary level, either by earning XP or paying your way there.

If you own Save The World prior to it exiting Early Access, then you can still grind vbucks in there (Daily Missions, login bonuses, random alert missions), which can be spent in the BR Item Shop. Missions in STW and BR are unrelated however, though you can use the BR cosmetics in STW.

Jethalal

Banned
I thought Marvel season was over, wasn't the hunter season going on? They could've brought Kraven The Hunter and Taskmaster seems the right choice I suppose.

I thought Marvel season was over, wasn't the hunter season going on? They could've brought Kraven The Hunter and Taskmaster seems the right choice I suppose.

There's been some subtle hints towards kraven being a potential skin. Especially with the agent jonesy bags being given to some fortnite content creators. It isn't guaranteed but seeing as he's one of the greatest hunters in the marvel universe. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up this season later down the road.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Constantly amazed how underutilized the planes are in this game. They're so powerful and it feels like the majority of the 15 that spawn on the map stay on the ground. The player base just loves running around getting into build battles.

Constantly amazed how underutilized the planes are in this game. They're so powerful and it feels like the majority of the 15 that spawn on the map stay on the ground. The player base just loves running around getting into build battles.

I've been jumping straight in. If you plan ahead you can keep jumping into a fresh plane even when damaged as none of the snobs use them. They are hated. Fly across and it's a barrage of gunfire....Choppers only get the odd bit of flak. It's fun to do Squads solo and now down entire teams as they are more bunched up.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That's it. I'm officially announcing my retirement from the game of Fortnite. The beautiful game.

I can't sit idly by and support a developer who so callously removes planes, and thus my ability to kill sweats. I'm done.

Retirement effective immediately.

hi-res-8d540500f7eb0fdd14422b244c1c82e0_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:

NickFire

STW was not abandoned completely, but it does feel that way and seems to be recycling content now and going forward. BUT, if you have the original founder's edition(s), the mode still provides for at least 50 free vbucks per day. Plus there may be 24 hour missions (the amount per week varies by the season). Plus the sporadic quest line vbucks.

Top Bottom