• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
pIahASY.jpg

Battle pass nets you this:

asPnA6B.jpg

Kratos is also available for purchase:

Fortnite has also launched a subscription service. For $11.99/month you get the Battle Pass, 1000 V-Bucks, and an exclusive skin and item set.

Oh, also there is a game. It's the same game as before, but without the fun heavy Marvel integration from last season! There are now in-game quest NPCs though.

Here's the new map:

AqH5L9q.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Absolute blast so far.

I saw a comment today from a disgruntled fan that this was the best season in two years. Well, I disagree with that, and I think there’s always a ‘new season’ bump, but if you’re winning over your critics to that extent, you’re probably doing an amazing job.

Currently running around Salty Towers (can we just appreciate that the two deadliest places in either chapter are having a crossover? Lol) being attacked by players burrowing under the ground, complete with a Tremors vibe, and having a hilarious time, lol.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Has anyone else been delving into the NPC system and also buying things (not real money, fictional like a Zelda game, for anyone unfamiliar)? It’s really impressive how far it goes, and how varied it is for each one.

It’s a bit crazy to have permanent currency that persists from round to round as well. I find myself actually saving up, and making sensible money choices, in Fortnite, lol.

Which, I finally saved enough to comfortably purchase an exotic. The silenced pistol. I didn’t get a ton of time with it (getting eliminated after you spent so much on it really sucks, lol), but it is amazing. Not only insanely high damage and accuracy, but it would tag enemies and show you wherever they moved.

I really, really like something permanent being attached to Fortnite like this. I do have to say that if it’s ever monetized with real money, I’m done, and that’s not an idle threat. Epic is good about that, but I have to say it. As it is though, it adds a whole other layer to the game.

Quasicat

I’ve played Fortnite for years and have never spent money on V bucks. I have only one generic skin and I bought it using the free 400 V bucks I got from just sitting and playing. That being said, I bought the season pass because I am a huge Mandalorian fan.

Rexyy

Neo Member
Fortnite needs only the battle pass, if you save you can own a skin or two. That's nice

Reactions: MrS

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Has anyone else been delving into the NPC system and also buying things (not real money, fictional like a Zelda game, for anyone unfamiliar)? It’s really impressive how far it goes, and how varied it is for each one.

It’s a bit crazy to have permanent currency that persists from round to round as well. I find myself actually saving up, and making sensible money choices, in Fortnite, lol.

Which, I finally saved enough to comfortably purchase an exotic. The silenced pistol. I didn’t get a ton of time with it (getting eliminated after you spent so much on it really sucks, lol), but it is amazing. Not only insanely high damage and accuracy, but it would tag enemies and show you wherever they moved.

I really, really like something permanent being attached to Fortnite like this. I do have to say that if it’s ever monetized with real money, I’m done, and that’s not an idle threat. Epic is good about that, but I have to say it. As it is though, it adds a whole other layer to the game.

I just figured out the gold currency system last night. I'm hoping Epic really expands on it as the season progresses.

Example: 2,225 gold to buy the use of a B.R.U.T.E.

Right now I'm saving up for the storm tracker rifle but it takes such a long time.

Overall, I'm digging the new season now. Feels like a great canvas they can add to.

splattered

I'm sure i'm just imagining it but i feel like guns are way less accurate this season than they were last season? Or maybe it's just the ones i'm using? The game keeps dropping the AK-47 looking assault rifle for me and i can't seem to take down players from beyond close/medium range. Pistols still feel pretty accurate but other guns i feel like i'm missing way more than last season i dunno

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm sure i'm just imagining it but i feel like guns are way less accurate this season than they were last season? Or maybe it's just the ones i'm using? The game keeps dropping the AK-47 looking assault rifle for me and i can't seem to take down players from beyond close/medium range. Pistols still feel pretty accurate but other guns i feel like i'm missing way more than last season i dunno
Ignore the Heavy Assault Rifle for the regular one. Less frustration.

And fuck the Dragon's Breath Shotgun. Point blank range won't kill someone and since it fires all four slugs, you're forced to reload and die :messenger_angry:

They're fucking brilliant with the bounty and gold stuff. It's exactly the type of thing they need to keep things fresh. I still think they should do very small amounts of V-bucks for opening chests/kills/doing challenges etc. I've been playing a lot of Genshin Impact and basically they should copy the primogems there but with V-bucks. I guess they are basically doing it with the gold, they should probably just expand what you can get with the gold.

Also, the Disney+ promotion is awesome. You can get 2 free months of Disney+ right now if you use real money to buy V-bucks. 2 months of Disney+ is like $14 by itself so it's a great deal if you don't have it.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

That one is an accuracy-first gun. The catch is you can’t continually fire it, or the aim goes berserk. Slow down the time inbetween each trigger pull (and never just hold it with this gun), and find the rhythm that keeps your shots most accurate. Once you dial in, it’s an absolute joy.

In general, not holding down the trigger on anything outside of close-range, is good discipline to learn. Even a regular AR can become more useful to you like this.

And fuck the Dragon's Breath Shotgun. Point blank range won't kill someone and since it fires all four slugs, you're forced to reload and die :messenger_angry:

Pair it with another shotgun for long-distance shots, and when you get close, you can devastatingly finish them off with the dragon breath.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Ignore the Heavy Assault Rifle for the regular one. Less frustration.

Come on bro! That thing is training wheels for new players! It's not meant to be reloaded during Battle. Shoot it once and switch to your SMG to finish off the kill.

splattered

That one is an accuracy-first gun. The catch is you can’t continually fire it, or the aim goes berserk. Slow down the time inbetween each trigger pull (and never just hold it with this gun), and find the rhythm that keeps your shots most accurate. Once you dial in, it’s an absolute joy.

In general, not holding down the trigger on anything outside of close-range, is good discipline to learn. Even a regular AR can become more useful to you like this.

Pair it with another shotgun for long-distance shots, and when you get close, you can devastatingly finish them off with the dragon breath.

Makes sense thank you!

NickFire

If anyone from Epic reads these boards, please, please, please, please, please double the amount of build slots. I have so many skins that I like keeping at the ready that it takes forever deciding which ones make the cut and get a slot. And that's before I get the new battle pass tonight. Otherwise, please carry on and keep this train going. This game still rocks.

splattered

If anyone from Epic reads these boards, please, please, please, please, please double the amount of build slots. I have so many skins that I like keeping at the ready that it takes forever deciding which ones make the cut and get a slot. And that's before I get the new battle pass tonight. Otherwise, please carry on and keep this train going. This game still rocks.

Pretty sure they just added a ton of empty character save slots... i was full up end of last season and logged in this season and shocked to see a ton of new open slots.

NickFire

Pretty sure they just added a ton of empty character save slots... i was full up end of last season and logged in this season and shocked to see a ton of new open slots.
So you're saying they read my post and gave us what I wanted? Heck yeah. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Seriously though, that's great to hear. I haven't logged in yet because I don't let kids play during school nights, and promised one I'd wait for them to check it out.

splattered

Just wanted to jump back in here and say THANK YOU for the advice, i went from no wins to pretty consistent wins. Wife and i got like 4 or 5 Victory Royales in a row haha The only time we don't do very well or win the match is against insane super builders... i just can't wrap my head around the high level building aspect of this game for some reason.

Just wanted to jump back in here and say THANK YOU for the advice, i went from no wins to pretty consistent wins. Wife and i got like 4 or 5 Victory Royales in a row haha The only time we don't do very well or win the match is against insane super builders... i just can't wrap my head around the high level building aspect of this game for some reason.

The building really gets me. I hope Sony release extra paddles for the controller. I just find myself tripping over my fingers trying to build. Shame they vaulted the demolitions explosives, they were a brilliant leveller for the end of game.

It's been a great last couple of seasons. Grogu, come to me!

And always follow Hick's advice for guns.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Vbuck question. I want to get some for my kids for Christmas. One plays on PC, one on a switch, one on a ps4. Can I buy any card and that will work? Or do I need to buy specific vbucks through the consoles? Cause that would kind of defeat the purpose

-Arcadia-

Banned

I'm so happy to hear it helped that much.

About super builders, a few tips that hopefully be that much of an assist:

- Get into the habit of seeing builds as a shield. Slamming a wall or some stairs down is like a block in a fighting game, when your opponent starts attacking, or you're in a vulnerable position.

- The high ground has an advantage, wherein you have a better vantage point, and your movements are concealed, so it's good to follow a block with a ramp, and attack from above. It's good to beat the super-builder to that.

-Practice a little on occasion in Battle Lab, creative, or wherever it's just you and the island. It can actually be kind of peaceful and fun, to just explore and get used to building in that setting. Just get used to it, and enjoy the advanced maneuverability until it begins to feel natural. You can start off with the simple stuff, and add complexity as you discover and master it.

- Don't be Arcadia, and remember to occasionally mine stuff with your pickaxe, so you have the materials for a fight to start with.

- The basic building settings are there to ease players in. As you feel more confident, you can up the sensitivity of building (just building, which is really nice), so you can look around and place builds faster.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Anyone else miss the flood?

I do. It just wasn't here long enough. I loved that Waterworld/post apocalyptic (but fun looking) vibe it had. At the time I wondered why Epic was rushing through the season like crazy, to get to the next one, but now I know.

s0ipteR.jpg

It was awesome, though. One of the coolest, most unique maps we've ever had, and without getting annoying with all the water too, which was quite a feat.

Vbuck question. I want to get some for my kids for Christmas. One plays on PC, one on a switch, one on a ps4. Can I buy any card and that will work? Or do I need to buy specific vbucks through the consoles? Cause that would kind of defeat the purpose

A normal Switch or PlayStation money card will work for the consoles. I don't know about PC. Do they sell V-bucks cards for that? If all else fails, they have those one-time debit cards you can load up with whatever sum you like at the register for $5. I use them a lot for internet purchases.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I do. It just wasn't here long enough. I loved that Waterworld/post apocalyptic (but fun looking) vibe it had. At the time I wondered why Epic was rushing through the season like crazy, to get to the next one, but now I know.

s0ipteR.jpg

It was awesome, though. One of the coolest, most unique maps we've ever had, and without getting annoying with all the water too, which was quite a feat.

A normal Switch or PlayStation money card will work for the consoles. I don't know about PC. Do they sell V-bucks cards for that? If all else fails, they have those one-time debit cards you can load up with whatever sum you like at the register for $5. I use them a lot for internet purchases.
I'm hoping that there are actual fortnite money cards I can just buy and put in stockings. Make it nice and clear they are for vbucks. Like the Roblox cards.

Is that possible? Do they exist even?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'm hoping that there are actual fortnite money cards I can just buy and put in stockings. Make it nice and clear they are for vbucks. Like the Roblox cards.

Is that possible? Do they exist even?

Good news. I had no idea these existed.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Tonight was rough.

Played about 2 hours where I got my ass handed to me most of the time...then in my last game I get killed by an absolute freak of nature kid who wouldn't look out of place in Fortnites World Cup. He probably finished with 15+ kills.

My entire game revolves around me camping in bushes and missing all my shotgun shots. I could fight this kid 1,000 times and he'd blank me.

And for some reason Epic is like "You and Mongraal should be in the same lobby". Piece of shit Fortnite and it's non existent SBMM...

larry.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight was rough.

Played about 2 hours where I got my ass handed to me most of the time...then in my last game I get killed by an absolute freak of nature kid who wouldn't look out of place in Fortnites World Cup. He probably finished with 15+ kills.

My entire game revolves around me camping in bushes and missing all my shotgun shots. I could fight this kid 1,000 times and he'd blank me.

And for some reason Epic is like "You and Mongraal should be in the same lobby". Piece of shit Fortnite and it's non existent SBMM...

larry.jpg

You'll never learn hiding in the bushes. That was my go-to tactic for the longest time. Man up and jump straight into the combat. It will be painful, but you'll learn a lot. Play to your strengths. I'm on PS5...so I keep my enemies long to medium range. I jump in on the outer rim of the island and use the storm as a rear shield.

dan76

Got to admit the Mando skin made me jump in. It's a pretty good set up for a Mandalorian game what with the bounties etc. I also really like the missions to unlock Beskar armour. I found the crashed Razor Crest, took out the Mandalorian and grabbed his jet pack and rifle and went nuts. Getting a headshot with that thing is amazing.

Having never played Fortnite there is a lot I don't know, and the game is terrible at explaining what's going on - sand tunnelling, what the hell? I only found out about that last night after playing all week. The gunplay is great, the whole game runs smooth.

Pretty good for £6.50. I've won a few matches but that must be my low level and bots. I'm still getting away with hiding / crouching to win gunfights. Haven't got my head around the building aspect yet.

Edit: Thinking about it they should re-skin the map and just have character skins based on Star Wars and release it as a separate game- or a separate option in game. Play as any character from any era, add in some extra melee combat for lightsabers and you have a great Star Wars game. The map already has the right mix of environments.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
You'll never learn hiding in the bushes. That was my go-to tactic for the longest time. Man up and jump straight into the combat. It will be painful, but you'll learn a lot. Play to your strengths. I'm on PS5...so I keep my enemies long to medium range. I jump in on the outer rim of the island and use the storm as a rear shield.

this-is-not-7ed99eec89.jpg

.hacked

if Halo wasn’t enough the walking dead put me over, got the season pass and some v bucks.

since you are adding all my fav things to fortnite going to need Ash from Evil dead, Cast of MST3k, Star Gate SG1 and The Transformers.

if Halo wasn’t enough the walking dead put me over, got the season pass and some v bucks.

since you are adding all my fav things to fortnite going to need Ash from Evil dead, Cast of MST3k, Star Gate SG1 and The Transformers.

Can you earn the great brands through the season pass? Either way, glad I skipped the marvel season.

How do the drops work for the TGA wrap? My accounts are linked but i have no idea how the drops work...
There was a specific point in the show where Geoff stated drops are now enabled, within that 30 minute window if you watched the event via one of the drops-enabled streams then you're entitled to receive the wrap by 15th Dec.

Just gotta be patient after that, cheers.

Super stoked to add Master Chief to my locker, though I gotta say he's almost overshadowed by the amazing Lil' Warthog emote that's in his set.

Did a quick little test: if you had the foresight or great taste (like me!) to get the Scootin' emote, then you can cancel them into each other for some goofy vehicular switchin' shenanigans.

Edit: In hindsight, morphin' isn't what's going on here.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Had a blast using black armor Master Chief with a Proton Pack back bling today. The Lil' Warthog traversal emote is amazing. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Had a blast using black armor Master Chief with a Proton Pack back bling today. The Lil' Warthog traversal emote is amazing. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Tsk...I sort of guessed there'd be a style for playing on Xbox, since Kratos had one for those who play on PS5.

MC's shade of green is quite tough to match BBs with :(

Ceadeus

Ah well, game is not bad. I might try this season.

I'm really curious about nobody ever spoke about save the world. It was supposed to be F2P but never did. What's up what that?

Ah well, game is not bad. I might try this season.

I'm really curious about nobody ever spoke about save the world. It was supposed to be F2P but never did. What's up what that?
STW is the abortion Epic wants but never got and I wanna think it's currently on minimal life support to not piss off the people who bought into Fortnite on the premise of it being a third-person, cooperative tower defense x Minecraft game.

Late 2017, it was quickly apparent to Epic that BR was the golden goose and thus began the crunch and high speed updates of 2018, which they achieved by abusing the Early Access status.

The truth is, I don't think there's any meaningful difference in STW EA and current STW, it's still buggy as shit and Epic takes roughly 10x the amount of time to fix things in STW whilst BR issues get fixed ASAP.

When people say Fortnite is a dead game they're unwittingly referring to STW.

Top Bottom