• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
STW was not abandoned completely, but it does feel that way and seems to be recycling content now and going forward. BUT, if you have the original founder's edition(s), the mode still provides for at least 50 free vbucks per day. Plus there may be 24 hour missions (the amount per week varies by the season). Plus the sporadic quest line vbucks.

Meh i think i only have a standard edition. I don't get daily vbucks.

That said. How many in here actually plays fortnite? I got the assumption it was popular to hate on it and it actually were dying, but a Google search tells me there's more players than ever before.

NickFire

That said. How many in here actually plays fortnite? I got the assumption it was popular to hate on it and it actually were dying, but a Google search tells me there's more players than ever before.
It all depends on when you bought it. I'm pretty sure any version from before they announced new content was done and it would not be F2P gets the daily quest at log in. You can carry up to 3 at one time. Free vbuck missions can be found on the tracking sites. Hope that helps if you bought it say over a year ago.

I can't speak for how many play it, but I would guess more than acknowledge it. For some reason it is popular to hate on. Makes zero sense considering how much everyone hates on current monetization practices. Straight Truth is you don't have to pay 1 dime to get the same gameplay experience, minus the skins, as someone who spent 750.

Last edited:

The_Mike

It all depends on when you bought it. I'm pretty sure any version from before they announced new content was done and it would not be F2P gets the daily quest at log in. You can carry up to 3 at one time. Free vbuck missions can be found on the tracking sites. Hope that helps if you bought it say over a year ago.

I can't speak for how many play it, but I would guess more than acknowledge it. For some reason it is popular to hate on. Makes zero sense considering how much everyone hates on current monetization practices. Straight Truth is you don't have to pay 1 dime to get the same gameplay experience, minus the skins, as someone who spent 750.
Oh so you don't get it from just login in? I thought you got it as a daily reward.

I might sound stupid, Where's the tracking sign? Lots have changed since I've played it. Fuck imma Google it.

I bought it two years ago so I should have it. Are the missions fast or long, cus I'm still grinding the BR bp

NickFire

Oh so you don't get it from just login in? I thought you got it as a daily reward.

I might sound stupid, Where's the tracking sign? Lots have changed since I've played it. Fuck imma Google it.

I bought it two years ago so I should have it. Are the missions fast or long, cus I'm still grinding the BR bp
Yes and no on daily. Here's how it works in more detail:

1) logging in each day (day changes 7PM EST) gets one log in reward. Every 7 days, which do not have to be in same week or anything, the login reward is either 150 vbucks or more (rarely, but can be as high as 800 occasionally).

2) Each day you log in also gets you a daily quest for a vbuck reward. Completely separate from above. You can only carry 3 at a time though, and can change one out at random per day. Most of these are fairly quick. Some take longer, but the longer they take the more you get. The stock is 50, but many are 60, and some (such as save 50 people) are 100.

3) Missions rotate each day at 7 too. Some times one or more has a vbuck completion award. How often varies by season. To check if any do, I use freethevbucks.com, and go to the timed mission page.

--> what I do. I try to log in when i remember, for credit towards the 7 day reward, and to add a daily quest to my que. If there are actual vbuck missions available (see 3), I try to do them and hope to complete daily quest(s) while doing so. If there aren't any, I generally wait to play until I have 3 dailies in the que, then do them to add more the following days. Altogether, this pays for every battlepass I have bought for myself (you can't gift a battle pass with vbucks), and I use the surplus vbucks to gift my kids accounts skins they want (emotes too, etc.). You can gift items with free vbucks, just not battlepasses. But you can buy your own battle passes with them.

- Finally, doing the homebase upgrade missions also gives vbucks. But these are 1 time deals, and get harder as you improve because less people jump in to help out these days. To consider higher ones on twine you need to build large mazes of traps to help you.

PS - missions themselves are never more than 15-20 minutes in my experience. But the daily quests (in your que) vary. Reroll all snipers and trap kills IMO. But if you do get a grindy one like save 50 people, do it because the payout doubles to 100.

That's it. I'm officially announcing my retirement from the game of Fortnite. The beautiful game.

I can't sit idly by and support a developer who so callously removes planes, and thus my ability to kill sweats. I'm done.

Retirement effective immediately.

hi-res-8d540500f7eb0fdd14422b244c1c82e0_crop_exact.jpg

Still there in the SW mountain.

ManaByte

The kids spamming "dead game" on the social media posts are just those whose parents won't let them buy skins so they're trying to be edgy to claim the game is dead. It's very much alive and probably won't die for years.

The_Mike

The kids spamming "dead game" on the social media posts are just those whose parents won't let them buy skins so they're trying to be edgy to claim the game is dead. It's very much alive and probably won't die for years.
Yeah if it ever will die.
I hated the game in the beginning. Not because it was popular but because it was BR. Really hate it.

I really enjoy TR though that's the game mode that keeps making me come back.

ManaByte

Yeah if it ever will die.
I hated the game in the beginning. Not because it was popular but because it was BR. Really hate it.

I really enjoy TR though that's the game mode that keeps making me come back.

BR is the best with friends. My co-worker and I did duos for like 4 hours last night.

splattered

Bought both chief and kratos and almost up to the barbarian type chick in the battle pass... losing interest again.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
How do we get the mystery rewards? It's my first season pass and I don't really know it.

Each listed reward will probably update on Thursdays to show what tasks need to be done to earn them. My guess is that this week we can earn the banner, emote, and spray...and next week we get the skin. Three different challenges per week probably?

I hope the built-in emote we get in the third week is his clicking/growl or his roar, and that his backbling will be his plasma caster & laser targeting reticle. :)

tenor.gif

-jJqax.gif

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Helicopters need to come back asap. There's nothing unbalanced about them if you know the game. And they add to the fun. It's an absolute blast when one person swoops in and saves a squad from the storm with one.

Me and my duo partner have used both the Choppas and the Planes 100 percent of the time. We dropped Grotto - Brutus - Vault, to get the Choppa, 100 percent of the time a few seasons back. Now we're dropping snow area to get the planes 100 percent of the time.

The planes are more effective offensive weapons than the Choppas ever were. Our kill rate with planes is arguably just as efficient as our kill rates with the MECHS were.

But yeah, we need more flying vehicles in the game. The 3 planes on the current map is just an oddly low amount.

Helicopters need to come back asap. There's nothing unbalanced about them if you know the game. And they add to the fun. It's an absolute blast when one person swoops in and saves a squad from the storm with one.
I concur, but in the opposite direction, lol!

Last season I wiped an entire squad by downing a helicopter with 5 AR bullets or so cause the pilot was messing around and bumped it to critical damage while waiting for his team to heal up in the storm.

Probably regretted their decision to get to da choppa. And no, I didn't dab on them while they watched me loot their stuff, I'm not that evil :D

CygnusX187

Neo Member
I need some folks to play duos or squads with. PM me if anyone else is looking for someone to play with. Fair warning, I am mediocre at best!

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I need some folks to play duos or squads with. PM me if anyone else is looking for someone to play with. Fair warning, I am mediocre at best!

I would love to play in duos or squads, but I never have a chance to do so. I'm usually only able to play late at night and at a time where I need to keep sound at a minimum.

I hope you can find a good team to play with, though! :)

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
bc8d1c0b-fb1a-483c-b859-f91b3fadbf08-ColtsBears2019_GH_084_1.JPG
Planes are out again. Fuck this game. I'm out.

Hey, heads-up!
Air Royale just came back tonight! :)

I'm currently fying the not-so-friendly skies with the obnoxiously glowing purple Zero Point pancake cowboy right now. I forgot how fun this mode can be.

Also, the PREDATOR is supposed to become available tomorrow, I think. It should be a fun week! ♥️

Last edited:
Hey, heads-up!
Air Royale just came back tonight! :)

I'm currently fying the not-so-friendly skies with the obnoxiously glowing purple Zero Point pancake cowboy right now. I forgot how fun this mode can be.

Also, the PREDATOR is supposed to become available tomorrow, I think. It should be a fun week! ♥️
Air Royale is fun but I don't think it's really what Fishes_in_Sticks wants; seems to me his thing in Fortnite comes from sticking it to the sweats with anything that deemphasizes aim and reactions.

Air Royale happens to emphasize aim even more than normal: I laid waste to many planes last year just by playing on Switch with gyro controls. There's certainly strategy involved with knowing what pickups to go for and making smart maneuvers but good aim (and the great music!) carries you extremely far in this mode.

Also, I'm looking forward to getting the Predator skin too! I'm not looking forward to landing in Stealthy Stronghold with half the lobby though :/

Edit: Whoops, I've been trapped in Jonesy's loop for too long and misremembered; it wasn't 2020 but rather 2019 when I played Air Royale.

Last edited:
Some thoughts on C2S5's island now that we're roughly eight weeks in.

Top left quadrant is easily my favourite section: Coral Castle is beautiful as ever but extremely under-utilized and Stealthy Stronghold is my favourite POI with its lush, thick jungle biome that I've been missing since C1S8.

Colossal Coliseum is my second favourite POI simply because of the theme and how the 'event' being held is randomised each game with some really corny names.

ManaByte

Some thoughts on C2S5's island now that we're roughly eight weeks in.

Top left quadrant is easily my favourite section: Coral Castle is beautiful as ever but extremely under-utilized and Stealthy Stronghold is my favourite POI with its lush, thick jungle biome that I've been missing since C1S8.

Colossal Coliseum is my second favourite POI simply because of the theme and how the 'event' being held is randomised each game with some really corny names.

If you land in Slurpy you can start the match with 100% shields 100% of the time.

If you land in Slurpy you can start the match with 100% shields 100% of the time.
Sadly, Slurpy is at the bottom of my list in terms of aesthetics. That said, I don't mind when my squad of randoms picks it, precisely for the reason you stated.

I did enjoy going there last season just to look for Wolverine though.

Ugh, after hunting haphazardly all over the island for the past few weeks, I finally found Mave yesterday, by accident no less, to complete the NPC collection.

Obviously I could just search online for all their locations but I wanted this to be organic. Only spoiler I'll give is that she's not where I'd expect, but neither were Reese and Kondor.

Speaking of the NPCs, I enjoy reading their text descriptions as well as their dialogue and discovering their relationships to one another.

It seems like every pairing is antagonistic to some degree: Turk and Outcast are fishing rivals (sabotage Turk by blowing up his fishing spots!), Farmer Steel calling Sunflower a hippie (lol) and tasking me to wreck her cabbages, Beef Boss vs Tomato Head...

They really should have added Maki Master in there somewhere to be the antagonist to Fishstick and Triggerfish, right now it's just Triggerfish being triggered at the world at large, instead of having a vendetta vs the cute sushi chef.

ManaByte

Well I won the lottery and unlocked Predator in a squad. Just need to do the thermal challenge now and I have all of the unlocks.

The_Mike

Well I won the lottery and unlocked Predator in a squad. Just need to do the thermal challenge now and I have all of the unlocks.
Why is it hard to get it. Haven't tried it yet.

Also can you do it in team rumble?

ManaByte

Why is it hard to get it. Haven't tried it yet.

Also can you do it in team rumble?

You have to kill the Predator and he only spawns in Stealthy Stronghold. So the ENTIRE bus drops there. Don't know if he spawns in Team Rumble. He has 300HP and his melee attack is a one shot kill usually.

NickFire

You have to kill the Predator and he only spawns in Stealthy Stronghold. So the ENTIRE bus drops there. Don't know if he spawns in Team Rumble. He has 300HP and his melee attack is a one shot kill usually.
Glad you got yours already. For everyone else it will get easier. Every time new challenges drop they get flooded with people, and as people acquire theirs it gets easier.

Top Bottom