• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

KGoogle

Wtf at the controls in this game now. It's a fucking mess and chore to shoot and aim.

They were perfect before the last 2 updates and now it's impossible to get the settings to feel even okay to aim with.

Does anyone have control fixes for ps4? At this point it's unplayable for me.

Also WTF at the prices for outfits,etc?

I agree, sensitivity is all kinds of messed up now, missing shots I never would of before, I put my sensitivity to 0.40 on all but scoped which is 1.0 but still isn't as good as when the game first launched

Lucifon

Performance feels really shitty on the XB1 after this update. Framerate dipping constantly when moving the camera and there's very regular stuttering even when down to less than 20 players in a match. It's just frustrating to play.

Not to mention the sensitivity adjustments they've done.

I don't know what you call it, but in halo 5 your aim will increase when you reach the outer deadzone, this allows you to turn around faster.

in fortnite (on xbox) it feels like this deadzone is waaaay closer than it should be, in a close quarters battle I can't aim for shit, i'm swinging all over the place... wasn't too bad before the update.

also, aiming is now sloooooow when scoped... totally broken.
it aint just me either, I see everyone else has slow aim when spectating. sniping is crap now.

MadMod

Wtf at the controls in this game now. It's a fucking mess and chore to shoot and aim.

They were perfect before the last 2 updates and now it's impossible to get the settings to feel even okay to aim with.

Does anyone have control fixes for ps4? At this point it's unplayable for me.

My god, couldnt emphasise this enough. Gone from placing in the top ten every other match, to not being able to shoot someone right in front of me. Ill try out the suggested sensitivity options above, but it shouldn't be this much hassle to fix the shooting!

Meccs

Think it be cool if they made a different mode like tdm and objective based pvp
Yeah same here. Battle Royale get's old fast.

Terrible rubber banding today btw. Unplayable for me. Also the constant "dududu" when you get a message like "game starts in x seconds" etc. is getting on my nerves. I hate that sound so much!
And another thing is they tweaked the loot locations. It's too much RNG now. You can get totally boned if you land in a house with 3 shield bottles and no weapon.

I don't know why the sensitivity options are multipliers? Seeing as they only go to 1. Why not separate sensitivity settings for each scoped rifle? Right now you have to make a choice between scoped AR and sniper rifle, because the AR is too fast and the sniper is too slow. Apart from that, the responsiveness is hugely improved.

The new control setup can be really great if you tweak a few things. It goes without saying that using up on the d-pad for the inventory is broken. Having to push back instead of just hitting the same button is frustrating. Especially when you accidentally think you're looking at the map, and it stops you mid run.

DeaDPo0L84

Jumping back in after a few months away and friends interest in the battle royal mode. Did this game a graphics bump? I play on a ps4 pro and it just seems to look better. Also, this game makes my pro get pretty loud, at least in royal mode, anyone else experiencing that?

sKiTz

Alright, after some tinkering I’ve got it down pretty good

X/Y - 0.40
ADS - 0.80
Scoped - 1.00

That’s on Xbox one

Back to normal IMO.

DonF

Man im really liking this game but damn, the lag and constant jittering is killing it for me

I'm playing just fine, but as soon as an enemy shows up, lag spikes. The tickrate is already bad, but at the most important time, the netcode goes to shit.

sp3ctr3

What platform are you guys playing on? I play on Xbox One S and only experience aslight freeze when you're loaded into the waiting area before the bus leaves.

Besides that it's a jitter or two once I land and that's it.

I'm playing just fine, but as soon as an enemy shows up, lag spikes. The tickrate is already bad, but at the most important time, the netcode goes to shit.

This seemed to happen to me last night. Saw a guy around a corner then all of a sudden I was dead, didn't even see or hear the enemy's gunfire. That was really frustrating

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Why did the division ranking list reset yesterday?? I didnt get anything for being the first place on all modes? What's the point of this

KiLLaDeZo

Im playing on xbox one. This last update has actually made it alot smoother. Looking forward to a friday night session on this!

Harlock

Started to play this week. Really liked the graphics and interface to change weapons and itens.

Never played Pubg. For who played both, how compares? Would be nive to have vehicles in Fortnite. And seems the maps are way smaller than in Pubg.

cormack12

Gold Member
As above. Decided to jump on it yesterday. Done the pve tutorial on ps4. Seems good. I hear you lose your points if you leave after dying? Wtf

quickwhips

Started to play this week. Really liked the graphics and interface to change weapons and itens.

Never played Pubg. For who played both, how compares? Would be nive to have vehicles in Fortnite. And seems the maps are way smaller than in Pubg.
Mods to guns is a game changer. Having a limited inventory makes pubg more intense. Fortnite is pubg with training wheels.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Oh, there you are, |OT|. Rise from your grave.

Having a great time with Fortnite BR this season. My perception of it has done a 180 since my initial thoughts of how it stacked up against PUBG, where PUBG seemed like the higher skill cap game and the buliding mechanics in Fortnite seemed out of place and kind of bullshit to be able to build instant cover on reaction and all that, but after getting comfortable with the fundamentals it's my preferred of the two. It's so dynamic and doesn't get bogged down in traversal slogs, and I prefer Fortnite's gunplay now despite being third person, which is unusual for me. PUBG maintains tension better and provides a different level of adrenaline dump but it hasn't been entering the conversation lately when we're deciding what to squad up for.

Tried out Blitz mode tonight and similarly to Dota 2 Turbo I'm not feeling it. Regular matches have the pacing down already.

NickFire

Oh, there you are, |OT|. Rise from your grave.

Having a great time with Fortnite BR this season. My perception of it has done a 180 since my initial thoughts of how it stacked up against PUBG, where PUBG seemed like the higher skill cap game and the buliding mechanics in Fortnite seemed out of place and kind of bullshit to be able to build instant cover on reaction and all that, but after getting comfortable with the fundamentals it's my preferred of the two. It's so dynamic and doesn't get bogged down in traversal slogs, and I prefer Fortnite's gunplay now despite being third person, which is unusual for me. PUBG maintains tension better and provides a different level of adrenaline dump but it hasn't been entering the conversation lately when we're deciding what to squad up for.

Tried out Blitz mode tonight and similarly to Dota 2 Turbo I'm not feeling it. Regular matches have the pacing down already.
I can’t compare the two because I don’t have Xbox / a gaming rig and I tend to stick to consoles. But after a couple weeks with fortnite I can say this game is way more fun than I expected, and I think I’m up to 75 or so on season pass (with discounted level boost included with pass purchase). And I suck and still have fun. The balance between perma death and action starting in a new game just keeps me coming back.

As for PUBG I have no experience, and want to try it. But it’s current business model might leave it a really bad spot fairly soon. It’s giving a free to play competitor way too of a head start on ps4, and conditioning them to expect high quality for no cost if you prefer not to pay.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I just recently learned the hard way that this game can only count one version of your progress on consoles. Specifically that when i connected my psn account it gave me a login error because my account was already on xbox.

Im not too happy about that. And ive been waiting for four days for customer support to disable my xbox account so that i can play on ps4.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I tried a few times to get into this title and I just don't think it is for me. I like how quick it is to move around and get to point A to B. I like the idea of picking up weapons and trying to survive, but I really don't like the building mechanics. Out of the 20 or so games I have played, I have reached the final 10 about half of that time and it seems to devolve to two people spamming stairs or building large towers. I just don't particularly find that fun.

Though this may be due to me more playing solo so a lot of the fun may be in co-op.

Kenpachii

Problems i have with this game is.

1) If you don't get a gun at the start and the other person does its over before it started. It's more a RNG fest then anything else.
2) Building walls just feels like having non stop a endless shield in front of you. which removes skill more then it adds. People that can build well will simple be not killable. It's all about materials and weapons at the end of the day.
3) Shooting department feels wonky. Bullets just never connect, i sit on a 500 mbit up and down line so that's not it, also sit at 100+ fps always so it's nothing to do with anything technically, it's the game.
4) People can work in groups, a 4 person group isn't going to be killable by me that signs up solo. They basically out zerg you.

All these issue's combined makes the game a no go for me currently. They have to make some changes on this department.

jadedm17

1. Land somewhere else? They have the same luck as you. Even field.
2. Materials aren't indefinite and neither are bullets; Change your tactics. No One is invincible.
Yes it's all about what you acquire and that's amazing, the variety is insane: You can build all you want but you're not doing damage while you do. The game demands you always think of new tactics instead of complacent run and gun tactics.
3. I think the shooting feels great personally. Not sure on this one.
4. Grouping in solo can get you banned, so are you going solo into group and not talking?

To each their own but those are weird issues to me.

Last edited:

NickFire

Saw an article that a single youtube streamer had over a million people watching them play this last night. Holy Crap this game is big right now.

WaterAstro

One thing that really pushes Fortnite way ahead of PUBG is that they're able to add weird and quirky mechanics that make the game more fun and builds on skillful gameplay.

You will never see a jump pad or the impulse grenade in PUBG because of its realistic theme. I've seen streams of extremely advanced outplays using these two items, and that won't be the end of it.

Wtf I upgraded my calamity character in STW and I lost her sexy shorts and tank top. Whole character clothing changes now when you upgrade em?

Top Bottom