• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Watching the footage in the OP and damn the game looks lovely. Had only caught a few bits and bobs from streams and the trailer so this is the first time seeing a round from the start. Looks like this could be a very strong go-to game for a round of fun, though suspect it will draw me in deeper than that. What's the item distribution like? Random each start but 'items' in the same places?

Interesting to see where they develop it, have they announced any sort of road-map after release for stuff they want adding or is that more PvE focused?

The ๖ۜBronx;249938322 said:
Watching the footage in the OP and damn the game looks lovely. Had only caught a few bits and bobs from streams and the trailer so this is the first time seeing a round from the start. Looks like this could be a very strong go-to game for a round of fun, though suspect it will draw me in deeper than that. What's the item distribution like? Random each start but 'items' in the same places?

Interesting to see where they develop it, have they announced any sort of road-map after release for stuff they want adding or is that more PvE focused?

You will come back for another round and another round and.........
Items are usually in the same spot but you'll never know what you will get.
Only the treasure chests seem to change the location every few rounds.

They will add supply drops during the match and they're also looking into vehicles for a future update.

Just in case people aren't sure how it works, you can create fancier structures by placing a piece, then editing it and removing sections from it.
Take the wall piece for example: by default it's a wall, which is a 3x3 grid. If you go to edit it, you can:
Remove a panel from the bottom, and the one directly above it, to create a door.
Remove a panel on the middle row to create a window.
Remove everything but the bottom row to make a waste high wall.

I've tried a couple rounds a couple days ago to see how it works. It's solid I must say, perhaps the TTK is a bit low for what it is but I understand why they do it, though it basically gives you no chance to fight back if you get shot in the back. Building stuff works great in this gamemode, looking forward to placing elaborate constructions when I'm actually hiding in a bush or something, lol.

Oynox

I like the graphics but the lack of hit feedback looks odd. Anyway, since it is free to play I will give it a go. I guess it is nice promotion for their whole game, huh?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
In BR mode, your character model is randomly chosen at the start of a match.

In PvE, gender, skin color and other characteristics are bound to the class/hero card.
Awh man. That was like, the thing I hated the most about TLOU MP. :/

You will come back for another round and another round and.........
Items are usually in the same spot but you'll never know what you will get.
Only the treasure chests seem to change the location every few rounds.

They will add supply drops during the match and they're also looking into vehicles for a future update.

Awesome, all sounds right up my street. You're not helping the hype!

Can't wait honestly. Was soaked up in PUBG for awhile (mainly through the Giant Bomb Murder Island series) but am on PS4 so had no idea when I would be able to play it. I've always been a fan of Battle Royale though, and wanted some game based around the concept. So for me it's less about PUBG and more about playing a game that's based around the concept itself. Which is why I'm really happy Epic has gone ahead with this and am itching to jump in tomorrow.

Risto

Banned
I can’t wait to try this today. I’d never even heard of fortnite until pubg made a big deal out of fortnite br. This looks like a ton of fun.

The ๖ۜBronx;249939744 said:
Best short/mid/long range weapons – not counting the sniper? Want to get a beat on what I should be aiming for in each encounter.

For the close range always use a shotgun and as i mentioned before (shotgun > auto-shotgun).
Mid/long range you can't beat the scar and after that i prefer the assault rifle.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This is a viable strategy
61oZjZR.gif

Oh man. I could have killed so many players already, lol.
Good to know that the whole structure will fall apart.
I'm still wondering about those floating houses though.

Redshirt

Banned
Oh man. I could have killed so many players already, lol.
Good to know that the whole structure will fall apart.
I'm still wondering about those floating houses though.

You mean those cabins? There's some environmental stuff that defies the rule for whatever reason. Like that in PvE too, but player-made stuff is coming down.

derFeef

So, potentially, in duos and squads it will be worthwhile and easier to construct a fort? That sounds exciting.
Just bad that I don't have any friends interested in this sort of game, heh.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
So people know, this game is closer to H1Z1 than PUBG in gameplay style. Also, both the early game assault rifles (burst and m16) are garbage at long range. The SCAR shoots a lot like the AR15 in H1Z1 though.

I hope the new assualt rifle is better at medium and long range and more available than the SCAR which is rare.

Top Bottom