• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Jimmy Kimmel Advised Parents To Turn Off TV Mid-Play; Kids Go Ballistic.

most of these childrens' reactions are gut wrenching, some you can chuckle at though.

edit: Shit, I forgot to include Fortnite in the title - mod edit if possible.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
A couple of those kids get straight up violent. The mom that doesn’t know how the tv works was pretty funny.

TacosNSalsa

Holy crap...if even thought of saying or acting like that at that age my mom would've opened a can of certified buss ass ...and when dad got home he was opening certified refurbished can of buss ass . Hell I wouldn't even talk to my mom now like that!

Petrae

Man, if I ever freaked out like that over a video game when I was a kid, I would’ve gotten a beating and then lost the right to play for at least a good while.

Kids today drop expletives like they’re nobody’s business.

Kenpachii

So basically they interrupt there kids unannounced and shut shit down like they did something wrong which they didn't. Then are suprised they get a backslash for there shit.

Maybe next time the kids should steal the car keys so they can't get to there job / whatever "important thing" they got to visit and then say you did it on purpose because you are gassing our future on this planet. Also time for one parent to stop working and actually spend some quality time with us kids. Oh wait you like your big house / luxurious life to much.

Lets see how mom and dad reacts.

The fact they do this, is exactly why those kids go so berserk on them. Its called failed parenting.

Last edited:
personally I find that the parents who submit these videos that make their kids the butt of a joke for all of the world to see are not the most respectable adults out there....the kids reactions are due to either being raised like that or they arent developmentally mature to know how to handle the situation other than lash out, which makes sense since most don't look like teens even.

Last edited:
Man, if I ever freaked out like that over a video game when I was a kid, I would’ve gotten a beating and then lost the right to play for at least a good while.

Kids today drop expletives like they’re nobody’s business.
A lot of parents do the thing now, where you can swear at home but not at people or teachers or bosses ect. Instead of making it some powerful taboo, it's something you learn when it is appropriate ect.

BANGS

Banned
Only the black kid had a valid reaction, and maybe the guy at the very end, the rest were so ridiculous they seemed fake...

Last edited:
personally I find that the parents who submit these videos that make their kids the butt of a joke for all of the world to see are not the most respectable adults out there....

Yep, it's almost as if these parents don't realize they have the ability to influence their children's behavior and these video reflect more on those parents than it does their children.

petran79

Banned
I remember at one point we were allowed to play Atari2600 and NES only during holidays and some weekends. School days? Uncalled for!
Fortunately when we had parents visiting us with their kids or we went to visit, we were allowed to play video games!

Wag

Yep, it's almost as if these parents don't realize they have the ability to influence their children's behavior and these video reflect more on those parents than it does their children.
Maybe so, but if I ever laid a hand on my parents I wouldn't be alive right now.

Last edited:
The kid in yellow pulled a

giphy.gif

😂🤣😂

Too many kids get away with cursing at their parents too. I’d have no teeth right now if I pulled that shit.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Now imagine when they are 18 and 21 carrying the same entitled behavioral patterns, but allowed to make certain decisions that impact more than just themselves or immediate family. Then repeating the ever regressing cycles with kids of their own.

Last edited:
the worst I said was calling my dad a baboon once (a la Lisa to Homer) when I was upset. I got shoved into a corner and never to open my mouth again.

corners are not utilized enough in this day an age. you feel helpless blocked in by walls on either side with the authoritarian voice scolding from directly in front.

Last edited:
So basically they interrupt there kids unannounced and shut shit down like they did something wrong which they didn't. Then are suprised they get a backslash for there shit.

Maybe next time the kids should steal the car keys so they can't get to there job / whatever "important thing" they got to visit and then say you did it on purpose because you are gassing our future on this planet. Also time for one parent to stop working and actually spend some quality time with us kids. Oh wait you like your big house / luxurious life to much.

The fact they do this, is exactly why those kids go so berserk on them. Its called failed parenting.

Such an overreaction for a mindless prank. The fact that you're suggesting "the kids should steal the car keys so they can't get to there job / whatever "important thing" they got to visit and then say you did it on purpose because you are gassing our future on this planet" speaks volumes about your mindset over a few seconds lost on a game.

Now imagine when they are 18 and 21 carrying the same entitled behavioral patterns, but allowed to make certain decisions that impact more than just themselves or immediate family. Then repeating the ever regressing cycles with kids of their own.

this reminds me of a thread we had recently of the streaming AustraliaMan and his wife.

Tarkus98

Terrible parenting obviously leads to terrible children. People need to wake the fuck up. That isn’t the way you discipline or teach your children and that isn’t the way you speak to your parents. What a world.

bitbydeath

The hitting was definitely going way too far. That said the parents shouldn’t pull that either. Do it before or after a game then see the reaction. It’s like stopping someone from running when they’re mid-race with others.

Fuz

Banned
They deserved it for playing a shooter with a gamepad.

The black kid was super cool toh.

Last edited:
Shitty parents have shitty kids. Who would have thought that?

Imagine being the kind of parent who listens to advice to fuck with your kid's video game out of the blue, does it, films a terrible reaction, and then thinks it's a good idea to put that reaction on national television?

I'm not watching the video because I hate cringe-worthy crap like this, but I have to think the parents are worse than anything their kids would be doing here. At least the kids have the excuse "Not only am I a kid, but I'm also being raised by the kind of parents who would do this."

Shai-Tan

Banned
The reactions were relatively mild probably because they're turning off the tv with no context not pretending to take games away.

TheShocker

I’ve had to do that quite often with my 9-year old. I try really hard to give him timelines and plenty of warning about when it’s time to turn the game off. It’s gotten to the point of him flat out ignoring me, which flat out doesn’t fly. Game gets turned off immediately and further punishment typically comes with additional outbursts. The other thing that drives me up a wall is when he starts whining/crying/arguing with his friends about the game.

That said, doing it as a joke for social media is stupid and just propagates bad behavior.

Rocket786

Who's going to pay for your next Fortnite skin or dance that you can't live without if mommy and daddy stop working and sit at home? Who paid for the device that you are currently playing on to begin with? Comparing the importance of a job in life to a video game speaks volumes about the entitlement and delusion of kids these days. Also, as if parents staying home is really going to convince kids to stop being obsessed with a video game and want to spend quality time with the parent instead...

Petrae

i bet most of the adults that play fortnite would react the same way.

Adults would be at least as bad, if not worse— such as Aussie Streamer Dude, who slapped his wife because she was interfering with his precious ForkKnife time.

The behavior doesn’t change much from 10 years old to 30 when you refuse to mature.

Top Bottom