• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite (PC/PS4/XB1/Mac, Epic Games) enters early access on July 25

RoKKeR

Wow, really?

I'm honestly a bit surprised this game still exists. Good on them for putting it out, though.

shandy706

Wait, is this an open waves of enemies game or a "tower defense" style game?

Tower defense/building stuff = interested

Another zombie waves (co-op) shooter = ZERO interest

Riptwo

It's kind of both. You usually have an objective that you need to protect, so you build a Minecraft-style fortress with your friends and then defend it from waves of zombies.

IIRC The NDA on this game was weird. I don't think you were allowed to talk about it or acknowledge you were in it but they had it in their epic launcher where all your friends can see that you're playing fuckin fortnight

both?

Level based zombie waves but you do build defenses and there is some permanence to your actions as well.

Toa Axis

Man, I totally forgot about this one. I remember it was announced at the VGAs a few years back (2011, I think).

Surprised to see that the project is still kicking. Looks pretty fun too!

As per the FAQ:
Cross-progression is supported on PC/Mac and PS4 only. Players must link their PSN account to their Epic ID in order to enable cross-progression.

Excited to try this out! Trailer sold me on it.

There're 4 edition. Standard, Deluxe, Super Deluxe and Limited Edition.
Deluxe Edition will come with 8 heroes and the Super Deluxe Edition will come with 8 heroes + 1 standard edition for your friend.
The Limited Edition will come with 8 heroes + 2 Standard Edition for your friend and 2 Exclusive Legendary Heroes.

But the Standard Edition will give only 1 hero? What??

c3Azb3V.png

Never been my type of game but I do love the art style , gives it a real plants vs zombies vibe.

Sounds like it mashed together a lot of games that have been done previously soninteresting what new stuff it brings to he table.

I remember being very excited for this when it was first shown. But the gamescape has changed and the concept doesn't seem so special now. The gameplay loop looks like it might get boring but it'll probably still be fantastic to play with friends.

funcojoe

I'm sorry, the art is great and I love the look but this just looks like another game everyone will quit come September with destiny 2 hitting, and cod in nov.

I don't even know if there is a place for a game like this anymore either the more I think about it. What 12-16 year old is going to have the patience to build forts when he can go press a button twice and be 360 no scoping bad kids all day.

Sorry guys, I don't see this being a success.

GavinUK86

And this is what happens when a game is bounced around for years after constantly reimagining what it should be.

Looks fun but has zero legs.

Art-style is gorgeous, my god. Unreal Engine 4 is so stunning, particularly with stylized visuals like here, Sunset Overdrive, and Sea of Thieves.

Top Bottom