• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite VGA 2011 Trailer (Epic's New IP) - [Epic: Like Minecraft, More Info]

Takao

Banned
Trailer | Youtube Mirror

Screenshots

fortnite2vtzmc.png

fortnitezavc1.png

So, here's a rundown of what we know about this game at the moment:

• It combines survival horror (?) with tower defense like strategic gameplay
  • Build a fortress during the day by destroying other structures and scavenging parts, defend it and shoot zombies during the night
  • Third person gameplay
  • Multiplayer experience
  • Developed with Unreal Engine technology (not explicit mention of UE3, oddly)
  • More similar to Minecraft than the other games being mentioned
  • No publisher yet; trailer was apparently used to catch the eye of publishers, not only gamers, which explains...
  • Unclear on which platforms it'll release for
  • Unclear on what pricing model it'll use
  • Added: Teaser to attract publishers.
Sources: Forbes article, Lee Perry's Twitter

Anything else?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I hope that it is a little DD game (tower defense?), it looked pretty lame.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Love the look and concept - funny part is that if they had announced another shooter people would screaming "oh nos another dude bro shooter"

Tower defense + Minecraft + Zombies

Cliff: Hey guys let's take all the stuff that is popular and overused this gen and throw it into one game.

Darkkn

So gather resources and build a base at day to protect yourself from the creepers that surface at nighttime. Original! :p

Could be cool tho. Nice to see epic doing something different gfx wise this time.

KorrZ

Really, really disappointed by this. When they first started hyping a brand new Epic IP I was expecting a little more than a tower defense or minecraft clone with a Tf2 art style. Hopefully this is just a little downloadable game and not their next big project because yeah.....

Xpliskin

Guys, this probably won't take long to develop.

Epic is a big studio I am sure they are working on the next-next-gen, it's too early to announce anything atm. I think they're chilling with this new IP, training new staff,, ... etc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Minecraft didn't invent base building, or monsters coming out at night, or survival mode. More than that, it certainly doesn't do any of these well enough to dissuade other games from tackling these mechanics.

Himself

Really, really disappointed by this. When they first started hyping a brand new Epic IP I was expecting a little more than a tower defense or minecraft clone with a Tf2 art style. Hopefully this is just a little downloadable game and not their next big project because yeah.....

Yeah it could have been way more ambitious like a third-person shooter or maybe even a first-person shooter.

this sounds like it could be really fun. It's like a cartoony extension of their Horde mode with some more building elements in it. I hope the gears crowd eats it up

Top Bottom