• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite VGA 2011 Trailer (Epic's New IP) - [Epic: Like Minecraft, More Info]

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Seems a bit like SourceForts unless it's co-op against waves of enemies only and not at all adversarial.

So, I guess maybe like a L4D where the emphasis is on barricading instead of traveling to a point.

So I guess like some of those zombie Source mods. Or a different take on COD zombie modes.

Not seeing the Minecraft comparisons, or a reason to get excited. Yet.

HTuran

Minecraft? Terraria?

Did we watch the same trailer?

Looks to me like you go explore a world to find items to improve your base. Then it turns into CoD zombies.

jax (old)

Banned
Would you have preferred another shooter?

well, yeah.

not something with enemies that reminded me of this game that killed its studios.

de_blog_2_wii_rpboxart_160w.jpg

also unappealing to me.

Himself

I liked how tense the vibe got as soon as the darkness came and the generator went out. Didn't quite expect it. I hope they have a lot of fun with while taking a break from shooters.

And I hope it's a full-blown $60 game. There are plenty of competent tower-defense type games at cheap price points. I'd like to see someone expand on the genre beyond the sort of casual (yet highly enjoyable) games that have been made so for and turn it into a meaty experience.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
well, yeah.

not something with enemies that reminded me of this game that killed its studios.

de_blog_2_wii_rpboxart_160w.jpg

also unappealing to me.

first off looks nothing like de blob. second it was a good game that unfortunately didnt find the audience the first game did. third that was a stupid comparison.

Vire

Hmm, really disappointed in this. I guess I was just expecting this big triple AAA game.

Naughty Gods brought out the big guns and Epic let down with this.

Oh well...

Himself

Hmm, really disappointed in this. I guess I was just expecting this big triple AAA game.

Naughty Gods brought out the big guns and Epic let down with this.

Oh well...

How do you know it's not "big" or "AAA"?

Side note: I'm also very excited for The Last of Us. And MetalGearRising.

Vire

How do you know it's not "big" or "AAA"?

Side note: I'm also very excited for The Last of Us. And MetalGearRising.

It just seems like an XBLA type title. I could be wrong though since the trailer didn't exactly explain the game. But I can't see a tower defense type game costing full price.

I'm very excited for RAAM's Shadow though, the new DLC for Gears 3.

Whatcha gonna do?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Intriguing. At least more so than another "AAA" game about meatheads in spacesuits blasting off faces with shotguns and exploding things. I'll stay tuned.

Am I the only person actually interested in this?
No, looks good besides the crazy toothy thing popping out of the ground. I'm guessing that's there so people have something to shoot during the day time.

Die2Nite was a good game until they changed the rules about how many of your friends could play the same town.

If you get a group of say 4 or 5 friends together to make a base, this should be a good game. I do need to see some gameplay. Companies need to stop using the cloverfield/blair witch camera in their trailers. Show gameplay. Trailers are suppose to make us want to play your game, not ask wtf is this game about.

RooMHM

Epic is the contrary to originality and innovation. This is the copy of the concept of many flash games out there.

One thing we can say epic is atleast going out their comfort zone.

But hey we are on the internet not realistic enough stupid graphics.
Again realistic Unreal engine sucks can only render bald space marines.

KorrZ

Yeah it could have been way more ambitious like a third-person shooter or maybe even a first-person shooter.

Or just be different just for the sake of being different! Sure why not right? I guess! As long as it isn't a third person shooter!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think its the best reveal. If it turns out to be a Minecraft + More focued Horde mode, I'll be all over it.

zlatko

Banned
Doesn't grab me. Not the direction I wanted their new IP to be, and these baddies came from underground just like Locust. Sorta meh all around.

Hopefully this is just a XBLA/PSN title and more people are behind that Unreal Engine 4 tech video they showed for next gen, because this seems like a waste of resources to go after the Angry Birds crowd. I can understand trying to make your studio name not just be "giant dudebros with guns," but there's other ways to go about it that isn't so toony to turn off your established fans already. :/

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Why are people going all "yeah so you want another shooter instead" or whatever when this most likely is one...

-PXG-

From what I understand (rather, assume), the Cary (as in, the main studio) is working on this...

I mean...I don't know.

I would like to see Samaritan as an actual game instead....

We get this...but no Shadow Complex 2?

Just think about that. =/

Shadow Complex is developed by Chair, who is currently more focused on patching IB2, not Epic's main studio in NC. I am sure you will hear about SC2 soon enough now that IB2 is released.

-PXG-

What if this is their new F2P game? The game is free, but you use real money to buy barricades, items, weapons, friendly NPCs and access to new areas and enemies.

It's possible. Just look how monetized Gears 3 is. It's either Fornite, or a new F2P Unreal Tournament.

Vire

What if this is their new F2P game? The game is free, but you use real money to buy barricades, items, weapons, friendly NPCs and access to new areas and enemies.

It's possible. Just look how monetized Gears 3 is. It's either Fornite, or a new F2P Unreal Tournament.

That would be cool, I'd give it a shot if that's the case.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I was thinking the same. This could be a F2P game. Everything in there, but they sell like 2x collection, auto build parts, etc.

Top Bottom