• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortune Street |OT| WALUIGI TIME!!!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
4jkuthcj9l.gif

Yay! My GIF got used. :)

kiryogi

Banned
This wasn't on my radar for the slightest, especially since I was disappointed it's Mario and DQ instead of FF/DQ. But now oddly enough, I'm very interested... Like the above post, it's been awhile since I've had a good family game to play with the friends and family. I'll make do with being able to play as Slime or Bianca. Though, the last time I did a Wii board game was Dokapon Kingdom, and everyone loved it (Until all the betrayal occurred XD)

Consider this on my radar!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like how all of the nerdgasming/nostalgia is for Mario stuff and not DQ stuff.

DQ5's dungeon music still makes me feel good even though I've played the game over 30 times.

I've only been playing DQ boards so far! The last one is mean as hell. Love the music though, and some of the comments are pretty funny. Bianca is totally passive aggressive.

Erdrick

My only real exposure to anything like this series was from the bonus Pachisi boards in DQIII, IV, V and VI remakes on the GBC/DS. (Was it in DQ VII or VIII? Been a while since I played those)

I'm so glad that this came here. I've waited a long while for this game since long ago, Enix America teased North America with a PS1 version of the game. It was to be called "Rags To Riches" or something and was to use the Fortune Street name or something similar. (I could be wrong, my memory is a little fuzzy on it.) After the DQ7 English release which was a disaster, they never bothered and eventually closed down again outside of Japan.

I picked the game up on Tuesday and have simply loved the game. It's such a great take on Monopoly and combine that with Mario *and* Dragon Quest characters, themes and boards... well...

I've dusted off my Wii to play this and once you get the mechanics and game-style down, it's as easy as defeating a slime in DQ or stomping on a Goomba in a Mario game. I've yet to play the easy mode. Only stayed with standard rules. Online multiplayer is a great surprise, not that I have made use of it just yet.

As long as you are not expecting Mario Party or a full on Mario or DQ game, and are prepared to play something in the similar vein of a board game like Monopoly, I don't see how you could be disappointed in this.

It's good stuff.

Okay, I am not the type to complain about OPs others have put a lot of work int, but I can't keep quiet on this one.

I've noticed that the fan-made artwork used for both this thread and the Mario Kart has some very strong sexual undertones not found in the original artwork for the characters depicted.

It is just slightly disturbing that whoever made these images felt the need to add this non-canon elements to these characters, and I for one will nto silently accept this unnecessary sexualization of game characters that are enjoyed by children as young as three in the respective games.

Please change the OP pictures for this and any other thread that are using similarly styled artwork.

C'mon, Everyone finds Waluigi hot! I think it makes a lot of sense for people to want to sex him up a bit in fanart, because they can't help but let their inner appreciation flow into their work when dealing with such a manbeast as Waluigi.

Berordn

Since Mario Sports Mix didn't have a single reference to SMRPG, it's amazing they even referenced SMRPG at all in this game.
Even though I'm pretty sure the Mushroom Kingdom song was in the DS Itadaki Street...

It was, but now they're just jerking us around. This will not stand. I also completely forgot this was coming out and now I'm hearing music from the soundtrack. I'll have to go fix this.

wait why is peach unlockable but not daisy what is happening

Okay, I am not the type to complain about OPs others have put a lot of work int, but I can't keep quiet on this one.

I've noticed that the fan-made artwork used for both this thread and the Mario Kart has some very strong sexual undertones not found in the original artwork for the characters depicted.

It is just slightly disturbing that whoever made these images felt the need to add this non-canon elements to these characters, and I for one will nto silently accept this unnecessary sexualization of game characters that are enjoyed by children as young as three in the respective games.

Please change the OP pictures for this and any other thread that are using similarly styled artwork.

Lol really....

LplAt.jpg

Oh your talking about the Slime...well yup thats one dirty slime. Its just amazed by waluigi junk

C-Jo

I think GiantBomb may have sold me on the game.

I thought the trailers made it look so dry and uninteresting, but I failed to recognize the incredible potential for screwing your friends over.

M-PG71C

This may have one of the most epic OST's of all time. I keep listening to the music and I'm just saying, "Damn, that's nostalgic" and "Why the fuck can't this music be in MK".

At the very least, SE did a fine job of that.

Boney

Banned

Ready to kick babies for the good of us all

Aeana

I looked at the art in both threads and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Emitan

I'm appalled at the rampant sexuality in the OT. How am I, the average male, ever supposed to compare myself to Waluigi in a favorable light? It's just hopeless...

This game is awesome, that is all.

I was playing the first Dragon Quest board and the properties were really scattered. I force-bought one of Slime's properties to give myself a dual-property bonus. This put we in DEAD last and a few turns of horrible rolls while all the other players were getting insane suit-card bonuses pretty much cemented myself about three thousand behind every one else. But, after finally getting to upgrade those two spots to max and having a player run on BOTH subsequently, I was suddenly shot up to second place, a mere hundred or so behind Princess Princessa. The problem here is that the little tart won two "free suit" cards in a mini-game on her first or second roll and was a level ahead of everybody by getting to skip half a run across the board. A few rolls of six later, she crossed the bank before I could grabbing the win.

That was my first game.

StZX8.png

I won the first DQ board but I'm getting my teeth kicked out on the second. Bad luck from the beginning. I have almost no property and almost no money. This isn't going to end well. :)
Yeah, two tries on the first board have not been successful for me. The second game the CPU was landing on the suit spaces EVERY FREAKING TURN (seriously, they had six, seven and eight hits to my three). Of course, while they did receive some negative bonuses, one CPU got an auto-level up right after crossing the bank and that kind of screwed the game and that same CPU kept getting cash bonuses, he won with 5000+G on hand and 1000G of property.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Picked this up and really love it. Didn't really need another game on top of BF3, Mario Land and Mario Kart but it's great.

SmithnCo

I am also offended by the strong sexual undertones brought forth by the image of Waluigi. Offended... yet aroused.

Top Bottom