• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Ban stops player from Playing Dragon Age 2

Vorador

Banned
stuminus3 said:
So did any of you use this nonsense as another good reason to forget about Dragon Age and instead pay 1/3 of the cost for the rather awesome Drakensang: The River of Time instead?

Because you fucking should have.

Bite me :p (sorry crappy ass phone pic)

IMG_20110314_194433.jpg

IMG_20110314_194449.jpg

Drakensang 1 & 2 + expansion + OST for 20€. Sometimes living in Europe does not suck.

opticalmace said:
So could this then happen to any EA product? Or is this some Bioware-specific thing?

Going to try to avoid their products from here on out if I can. This is absolute bullshit.

Any EA product probably. They threatened to block me from playing Need For Speed Underground 2 online years ago because me and some other guy got into it on their forums, and I committed the horrific crime of saying the word "shit" in one of my posts.

I never went back.

stuminus3

2San said:
How's the game storywise? Also is the game story driven? Planning to buy it after exams.
Your typical European fantasy fare, but no worse than Dragon Age, for sure. Gameplay is like Dragon Age but without all the consolisation and other bullshit that has been inflicted on that series. Think Neverwinter Nights 2 but more old-school. It's based on German pen & paper RPG The Dark Eye and makes heavy use of that ruleset. You should buy it. It's the complete antithesis to everything people are complaining about regarding Dragon Age.

Vorador said:
Bite me :p (sorry crappy ass phone pic).
Awesome, you are my new favorite NeoGAF member!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Chinese Electric Batman said:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6503413/1
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6511276/1#6511550

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4411/pict0002iic.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

God damn it.

[QUOTE=Darklord]It's ok! Bioware is hard at work...[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/g3td7/dragon_age_2_conspiracy_highest_rated_metacritic/]reviewing Dragon Age 2.[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh FFS. I don't know whether to laugh at the stupidity of it all, or wonder what happened to what used to be one of my favorite developers.

Apath

Vorador said:
I'm not buying a Bioware game again until they get their shit together. This is unacceptable.
I'm not sure I'm buying a Bioware game ever again. I've bought:
  • Baulder's Gate 2
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • KOTOR
  • Jade Empire
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Dragonage: Origins
  • Awakening
I've also bought Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance for the PS2, but I'm not sure if that was made by Bioware. Planned on eventually getting ME3 and ME2 for the PS3, but not anymore.

And apparently Mass Effect Galaxy was made by Bioware, so add that to the list.

Shambles

Funny watching Bioware crash and burn. They're only a few blocks away from me, I should go ask them why they turned into such an embarrassment for PC gaming.

companies review their own products all the time, at least some do on places like the app store, amazon to name a few obvious places.

So shitty.

Cyborg

If I pay $60 for a game I want to be able to paly it. Who the fck gives them the right to ban someone.

No matter what I do on a forum Its must have no effect on a product that I payed for.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How do Forum <=> Game even go together?

They should be separate entities

This is fucking scary, so if EA does the same thing stupidly in their upcoming games, lets take Dead Space 3, and if I criticize it for maybe a MP or SP issue on their forums, I'll get banned on the forums which = ban on my DLC any maybe MP too?

That is crazy, I already rented EA titles, but now I'm scared off the games off rentals
Only purchase = DICE (I hope to god they leave EA soon)

Top Bottom