• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Poster Report: Sony cuts Vita shipment for France by 50%

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sony needs to work hard to make this a success.
Unfortunately games and support are not there yet. It's pretty difficult to justify a 250€ purchase with an other extra 50€ for the memory card to play an Uncharted spinoff or the usual Wipeout and Minna No Golf.
I feel that Vita will follow the footsteps of 3DS, miserable post launch sales, Sony in panic mode, price cut to 199€ and big games in time for holiday 2012.

Which hardware pushin big games do you expect at Holiday 2012 ?

jiggles

Banned
It makes sense to make it appear to be in short supply in a country where the hardware numbers aren't released.

Marco1

It's extremely clear that the vita needs a price cut and a few big hitters. Similar to what 3DS received but I think it's to late for a handheld war, 3DS has clearly won.
We all know that as soon as vita may catch up, Nintendo will release 3DSlite.
I want a vita but I will wait until the inevitable price drop .

V_Ben

Banned
They're really taking their time to push this thing aren't they. I haven't seen a single advert yet. Are they waiting for february or something?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
[Nintex];34189400 said:
Are there any demo's units around where you are? Because I haven't seen those either and I'm sure the hardware would impress quite a few people especially if they put something for the European market like Fifa or a nice racing title up for display.

Nope. All we have are a bunch of placeholder boxes and a two way stand with display cases for Uncharted and a couple of other games. We get pre-orders every now and then, but there doesn't appear to be much buzz.

Elios83

Which hardware pushin big games do you expect at Holiday 2012 ?

I don't know what to expect but I hope/believe that they have things in store.
Call of Duty is pretty much confirmed for that timeframe, hopefully it will be an exclusive title/spin off ala Uncharted:GA.
Then there could be suprises from Rockstar (a portable Red Dead Redemption spin off or GTA5 portable would be really nice to have).
Assassin's Creed should be pretty good considering that they can have the same sandbox gameplay of console titles with the extra control features of Vita.
FIFA is a killer app for Europe, PSP is still selling in Europe because of that game.
Then who knows....of course Sony knows that they need big games to sell the device.

For a new hardware launch?
They are there!

Launch is decent for a core gamer but it has not killer apps, except maybe for FIFA 2012 in Europe, but the biggest problem is that after launch they don't have much...even simply announced.

V_Ben

Banned
Nope. All we have are a bunch of placeholder boxes and a two way stand with display cases for Uncharted and a couple of other games. We get pre-orders every now and then, but there doesn't appear to be much buzz.

Has actual advertising started over there yet? I haven't seen a single TV advert over here, or even a magazine advert. It's bizarre, people don't even know it exists. Like they want it to fail.

Kazerei

Banned
I've paid enough attention to NPD and MC sales threads to have a pretty good sense of scale when it comes to North America and Japan. But I don't really know much about UK and Europe. How high/low is 40k units for launch in France? What's the typical range for hardware sales in France?

I feel like cancelling my order, myself. It's not because of the doom and gloom stuff, I just realize that personally, there's not enough at launch for me to buy it. I bought a 3DS at launch, so I know the pain of there being no interesting games.
Ya, I did this as well. I'll wait till there's at least 5 or so must games I want.

[Nintex]

Yeah, the same feeling around here. Thanks for the update.

They're really taking their time to push this thing aren't they. I haven't seen a single advert yet. Are they waiting for february or something?

Sony recently announced they were going to back it with their largest ever advertising campaign in Europe.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-has-biggest-campaign-ever-ready-for-vita-paunch/089480

comical_ali.jpg

So besides uncharted, what games are there that appeal to the mainstream? And is uncharted even that big compare to other console exclusives like halo, mario, etc?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Has actual advertising started over there yet? I haven't seen a single TV advert over here, or even a magazine advert. It's bizarre, people don't even know it exists. Like they want it to fail.

I haven't seen shit anywhere, but I rarely switch on the TV for anything other than games. But I haven't heard anything from anybody. The general consensus I'm getting is similar to what you're saying; people just don't know about it.

apana

I liked the clamshell form factor of the Sony P Tablet better than the Vita design. It looks a bit too "gamey" to carry around in public. They should have also taken my advice and put a vitality sensor in there.

sony-S2-tablet-2840_440x330.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sony is seriously dropping the ball when it comes to marketing this thing.

They didn't do a great job with the PSP early on either but at least that had the Sony can do no wrong, this beautiful piece of future tech is going to crush that kid's toy looking DS buzz around it.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
They stupidly priced themselves out of the market. What did they expect.

Emitan

Sony is seriously dropping the ball when it comes to marketing this thing.

They didn't do a great job with the PSP early on either but at least that had the Sony can do no wrong, this beautiful piece of future tech is going to crush that kid's toy looking DS buzz around it.

It's like a BOMBA you can take outside!

Top Bottom