Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Jun 6, 2004
Canada
Konichiwa, bitches!

By shepherding all of the console warrioring, chest-baring, screenshot nit-picking, trailer zaptrudering, laying-dicks-on-the-counter-ing in one thread, the official GT5 and FM3 threads shall be spared contamination.

Bring it to either of the other threads as of 10:45am PST today and you're done until New Year's. Unless you're a junior, in which case you'll be permed.

Toodles!

Jun 18, 2007
England, UK
but, this thread has already been won by the pic in the op :lol

as far as im concerned

GT - lighting, replays, crazy showroom detail, amount of cars on track, number of cars
Forza - gameplay, sounds, track detail, number of tracks, physics, damage

with the most important point bolded

Jan 9, 2008
wow, I suggested this as a joke about a week ago. I'm excited to see the bloodshed.

I think they're both awesome looking games, GT has the better car models, FM has the better looking tracks.

Jun 3, 2005
Isn't the Gran Turismo 5 shot from a pre-rendered video? Granted, it seems as though it was composed in the engine of the game itself, but it was pre-rendered nonetheless.

I plan on getting both games. I'm sure they will whet my sportscar and supercar apetite.

Apr 3, 2009
U K Narayan said:
Isn't the Gran Turismo 5 shot from a pre-rendered video? Granted, it seems as though it was composed in the engine of the game itself, but it was pre-rendered nonetheless.

I plan on getting both games. I'm sure they will whet my sportscar and supercar apetite.

Yes. Confirmed on B3D.

GT5 ferrari vid = pre rendered using the engine
FM3 ferrari vid = replay mode

Aug 26, 2004
Norway
I'm a GT fanboy I guess, but F3 is looking really good. I contemplated buying a 360 and F3, but as I can't use my Logitech wheel it stopped on the planning stage.

Hence, GT5 looks 1000x times better than F3.