• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 demo coming Oct 3rd; Season Pass announced ($30)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Revving up for the launch of "Forza Motorsport 4" on Oct. 11 in North America, Oct. 14 in Europe, and Oct. 20 throughout the rest of world, Turn 10 Studios is offering fans a special deal to help fuel their car passion all year long with the "Forza Motorsport 4" Season Pass. The "Forza Motorsport 4" Season Pass is your action-packed ticket to six game add-on packs of the title's downloadable content (DLC) as they're released through the next year. Starting Oct. 11, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers--including Best Buy and GameStop--for only 2,400 Microsoft points ($29.99 USD and €21.74), redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 percent overall savings as compared to purchasing the content separately.

Delivering 60 of the hottest cars to supplement your "Forza" experience, the six game add-ons included in the Season Pass offer will be released from November 2011 to April 2012 and are must-haves for "Forza Motorsport" fans, whether you like to race, tune or simply collect cars from the hundreds of available models in "Forza Motorsport 4."

The "Forza Motorsport 4" Season Pass is also the key to the ultimate day-one experience. Fans who purchase the Season Pass will receive the first game add-on, the "American Muscle" car pack as an additional bonus.

The American Muscle car pack includes:

1965 Pontiac GTO
1968 Pontiac Firebird
1970 Buick GSX
1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
1967 Dodge Cornet W023
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

More "Forza Motorsport 4" news announcements to get you ready for race day:

Indianapolis Motor Speedway comes to Forza Motorsport 4
Operating continuously for more than a century, Indianapolis Motor Speedway is one of the world's most iconic tracks and home to the greatest American auto race: the Indianapolis 500. The team at Turn 10 went to painstaking lengths to capture every element of the speedway, including the legendary Brickyard, the instantly recognizable Pagoda building, and Gasoline Alley. Stay tuned for an upcoming entry in the "Making of Forza Motorsport 4" video documentary series that explores the history of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and how Turn 10 Studios captured and brought the track to life in "Forza Motorsport 4".

Xbox LIVE Demo: For those who cannot wait to speed to victory, the Xbox LIVE demo for "Forza Motorsport 4" will be available to download from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on Oct. 3 for Xbox LIVE Gold members and on Oct. 7 for all other Xbox LIVE members. More information about the demo will be revealed soon.

Pre-Order Today: Fans are encouraged to pre-order "Forza Motorsport 4" before its North American launch on Oct. 11 to ensure they can get their hands on the Limited Collector's Edition and to receive the "Launch Bonus" car pack as supplies will be limited.

The limited quantity "Launch Bonus" car pack includes:

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

TUSR

Banned
Why is everyone coming out with Season Passes... Mark the price a bit lower then the DLC and people are more likely to buy it because they're missing out on this deal?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Squire Felix said:
Why is everyone coming out with Season Passes... Mark the price a bit lower then the DLC and people are more likely to buy it because they're missing out on this deal?

It locks people into owning the game and not trading or selling the game

SmokyDave

No thanks to the season pass. I really hope they segregate the DLC cars this time. Seeing those padlocks didn't make me want to buy more content, it made me regret buying the game in the first place. The fact that T10 gifted DLC cars that sat in your garage but couldn't be used was stupid too. That's really my only issue with the Forza series, right or wrong, I feel I'm being nickel & dimed when I see those fucking padlocks. Even my 'ultimate' edition had fucking padlocked cars. Grrrr.

snap0212

Wario64 said:
Starting Oct. 11, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers--including Best Buy and GameStop--for only 2,400 Microsoft points ($29.99 USD and €21.74), redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 percent overall savings as compared to purchasing the content separately.
Yeah, sure. :D It's 2,400 MSP which means you'll be asked to pay 30€ ($40,39 USD).

SmokyDave said:
No thanks to the season pass. I really hope they segregate the DLC cars this time. Seeing those padlocks didn't make me want to buy more content, it made me regret buying the game in the first place. The fact that T10 gifted DLC cars that sat in your garage but couldn't be used was stupid too. That's really my only issue with the Forza series, right or wrong, I feel I'm being nickel & dimed when I see those fucking padlocks. Even my 'ultimate' edition had fucking padlocked cars. Grrrr.

I agree. The padlocking nonsense is absolute garbage. I'll buy your DLC if I want it, stop shoving it in my face. I buy your UC, and then STILL have to pay $10 for the five VIP cars? That's pathetic.

This season pass can go to hell. I'm already buying the LCE, I will not be giving up anymore of my money.

I'd rather play the game when it's still flooded with people online and have a ton of fun racing instead of waiting till a GOTY and having to search for a couple minutes to find a race. So having DLC cheaper like this from the get go is good to me.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Love forza but don't use the online outside of drooling over people's designs. Will buy but most likely won't ever buy dlc

snap0212 said:
Yeah, sure. :D It's 2,400 MSP which means you'll be asked to pay 30€ ($40,39 USD).

What do you mean?

SmokyDave said:

Yeah, those padlocks were bullshit. I also got the UE edition and was like ... so I STILL have to buy this DLC to get these?

Also, it was RUMORED that the Season Pass is included in the LE. This was stated in the preview thread but waiting on confirmation. My guess is absolutely not because anybody buying the LE will most likely buy the DLC so it's like giving away free stuff to the most dedicated fans and T10 lately doesn't seem to give a shit about the hardcore fans.

Aaron

I don't think I'll buy any game with a season pass if I can avoid it. I can't support such a business model.

Khezu

PjotrStroganov said:
Way to make me get a bad taste in my mouth T10.

Gears 3 did it to, maybe MS is just jumping on the bandwagon.

I liked it in MK, well, until they revealed the 4th DLC anyway.

Aaron said:
I don't think I'll buy any game with a season pass if I can avoid it. I can't support such a business model.

DLC in general or just the season pass? If there is planned DLC what's wrong with a discount for the package? This business model is used in many things; cheaper if bundled, more expensive if bought separately.

I will be picking up the season pass as well. Hoping that some of the DLC is a track pack, regardless though if it is just cars I will be happy with that as well.

Aaron said:
It's just sad that no one will put their foot down and say that these practices shouldn't be allowed, but the consumer keeps eating it up. Post launch support is great, asking me to pay for things that I KNOW you left off the disc is not.

Day one DLC, online passes, seasonal passes...what's next? And it'll never stop. Damn it.

Dave Long said:
Why not just sell the game for $100 outright?

It's the mind set of the consumer. $60 has become what to expect. Seeing something at $100 would put them off. Plus, if people won't want the season pass.

Though adding it to the LCE or something would work.

Dave Long

Banned
I feel like they're saying that the game is worth $100 since they already know what they're creating by selling future add-ons this way. Why spread out the release? Oh, that's right, used games.

Eventually people will wake up and this will stop. Either that or it'll go completely the other directions and you'll be paying $60 for a demo.

Season Pass is the worst thing this gen, way worse than Online Pass. Why? Because you are paying for the DLC up front, without even knowing what the DLC will be! Way to go people!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Castor Krieg said:
Season Pass is the worst thing this gen, way worse than Online Pass. Why? Because you are paying for the DLC up front, without even knowing what the DLC will be! Way to go people!
It's cars. With wheels.

What else you wanna know?

bluedeviltron said:
Never purchased a single piece of DLC for Forza 3, and I'll be happy to do the same with 4. You guys should try it.

yeah, but removing content from the game to sell separately ain't cool.

pre-owned buy reconfirmed.

Castor Krieg said:

or if you know you are going to buy it all anyway, who cares? some people do that. It gives them that option. if you are not one of those, you are still welcome to buy them one pack at a time, or even one car at a time. I can't really imagine a better way T10 could handle their DLC.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
yeah, but removing content from the game to sell separately ain't cool.

pre-owned buy reconfirmed.

This has been going on in the form of "sequels" for the better part of this generation. While I understand the anger at DLC in general (I'm not angry with it, I think for the most part it's made this generation better) I don't see why this discounted bundle (or the Gears one) is such a bad idea.

But, I also should just know that any DLC thread will have complaining in it ...

AlanzTalon said:
or if you know you are going to buy it all anyway, who cares? some people do that. It gives them that option. if you are not one of those, you are still welcome to buy them one pack at a time, or even one car at a time. I can't really imagine a better way T10 could handle their DLC.

It's not bad, except when it means that people who buy the game new immediately get shafted for not using their plan.

Marco1

The beauty of the season pass is they get £100 for the price of a game and even if you do trade it in or sell it, that person is more than likely to purchase another season ticket.
It's genius, I tell ya!
The more people that buy this, the more it lays the groundworks and what you will receive next-gen.
I blame that bloody horse armour!

Frankfurt

Banned
Never got a season pass. You need to get the DLC in-game to be recognized as owning a season pass, right? That bothers me. Waiting for shit to download while having the game running and not being able to browse or play another game is kinda... eh.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Frankfurt said:
Never got a season pass. You need to get the DLC in-game to be recognized as owning a season pass, right? That bothers me. Waiting for shit to download while having the game running and not being able to browse or play another game is kinda... eh.
Use background downloading. Power up, get the download going, power down, get on with life until you have the time to play.

I think I'd be more excited if I wasn't still half way through Forza 3's career mode.

Season pass is crazy though. I'll wait an extra 6 months for all of it to show up as the deal of the week for $10.

Squire Felix said:
Locking someone in on a purchase ASAP is always the best strategy. Especially when they have no ability to change their mind.

Frankfurt

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Use background downloading. Power up, get the download going, power down, get on with life until you have the time to play.

That's the thing, if it must be in-game, it can't be a background download. I don't know about other games, but in MK, you had to be in the game to be recognized as a pass owner.

Top Bottom