• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

BoobPhysics101 said:
Sent out an invite. Hope my mic is working. Eek5 showed up but left. It's a 5 lap race, with teams of 2, C class...

I guess nobody is coming, hahaha. :(

No invite ...send out another club invite and i'll join up

BoobPhysics101 said:
I re-sent it. Hopefully this shit works. Do the club invites not always go out smoothly?

Weird...usually yes. Tonight, not so much :)

Didn't get your club invite. I'll set up a room and send out some invites.

Shaneus

Lima said:
Faster acceleration. Also you can map the clutch to A and press both clutch and shift at the same time. Without going off the throttle too since T10 for the second time didn't feel like implementing damage while doing so.
Oh, you don't need to release the throttle when changing gears? Wow. That seems like a big oversight and tbh, a bit of a cheat.

Hey, just noticed the custom configs for things like deadzone and whatever... should any of that be adjusted for the controller?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Shaneus said:
Oh, you don't need to release the throttle when changing gears? Wow. That seems like a big oversight and tbh, a bit of a cheat.

Hey, just noticed the custom configs for things like deadzone and whatever... should any of that be adjusted for the controller?

I can't remember what the default was for the analogue sticks but I changed it to lowest for registering movement and max for travel. The first two options anyway whatever they're called.

ShapeGSX

Diablohead said:
Remember in forza 1 where red line bouncing would fuck your engine up slowly? I miss that.

There's nothing wrong with bouncing off the rev limiter.

Now downshifting and forcing the engine PAST the rev limiter is bad. And you can still damage your engine in Forza 4 by doing that.

Shaneus

Gen X said:
I can't remember what the default was for the analogue sticks but I changed it to lowest for registering movement and max for travel. The first two options anyway whatever they're called.
Cheers bigears.

Another question for you all... is there any way that some stages run smoother than others? I'm currently doing an S-class world tour race in an F1 around Laguna Sega and they're obviously fast, but this track in particular seems a lot smoother than others. Weird?

Shaneus

Oh, another question... what exactly were the preorder bonus cars we were supposed to get? I remember definitely getting the RX7 in FM3 but wasn't there a Joss or something else (at least) that we were supposed to score? I figure that since Eckberg wrote in the WIR that the cars *were* sent out, I should've received more than what I got?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shaneus said:
Oh, another question... what exactly were the preorder bonus cars we were supposed to get? I remember definitely getting the RX7 in FM3 but wasn't there a Joss or something else (at least) that we were supposed to score? I figure that since Eckberg wrote in the WIR that the cars *were* sent out, I should've received more than what I got?

forza motorsport themed joss jt1 and 458.

Seanspeed

Banned
ShapeGSX said:
There's nothing wrong with bouncing off the rev limiter.

Now downshifting and forcing the engine PAST the rev limiter is bad. And you can still damage your engine in Forza 4 by doing that.
Yup. Dont downshift prematurely.

skyfinch

sneaky77 said:
That's what she said!
Sunglasses_shock.gif

Neuromancer said:
Help!!!

I already started a game but I must have missed the option to import my Forza 3 profile. Any way to do it now or is it too late?
I don't think you can, unless you delete your save and start from scratch.

Gor@n

Neo Member
Picked some bargins on AH

DBS for 8k
Rossion for 7k
Viper ACR for 12k

Saved over 400k, damn should've started sooner

Gen X said:
Had some good races with fellow Gafers today. Couple of epic races, one on Indianapolis and this doozy between myself and Crude.

Apparently Crude pipped me at the last second to win by 0.002s so the end screen said. Here is the video.I am in the Starion and Crude is in the Lambo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtkMvZRUaM4

And here is a snapshot of the finish line. Someone is telling porky pies.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2igj6mp.jpg

Was some good racing this evening, even if I was at the back of the pack most of the evening. No host advantage for me :)

Gen X said:
Had some good races with fellow Gafers today. Couple of epic races, one on Indianapolis and this doozy between myself and Crude.

Apparently Crude pipped me at the last second to win by 0.002s so the end screen said. Here is the video.I am in the Starion and Crude is in the Lambo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtkMvZRUaM4

And here is a snapshot of the finish line. Someone is telling porky pies.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2igj6mp.jpg

Was some good racing this evening, even if I was at the back of the pack most of the evening. No host advantage for me :)

EDIT: Don't know why it double posted?

Izayoi

Banned
Can someone check how much the Veyron Super Sport costs to purchase?

Just hit 47 and am now stuck on the reward select screen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gor@n said:

DBS for 8k
Rossion for 7k
Viper ACR for 12k

How do you guys find these deals?! Just go for cars that are not searched as often?

I always feel like even if I bid on something, it'll show up on the "soon to be sold" feed on AH home and then just gets bid up to the skies.

I want really cheap, awesome cars :<

Gen X said:
Not a dig at you personally but it sounds like some people are having problems racing with the AI. I don't seem to have a problem. 200 races under my single player belt, with 180ish podiums (I refuse to rewind or restart races). So far on my Stats page it says 100k of damage. 100k CR / 200 races = 500cr damage on average per race. That's like a scuff to the paint job most of the time. I am near the tail end of the Champion League too for the record.
Wow, maybe we just have different expectations. I consider it a problem when I finish a race with *any* damage. And it turns out the game can actually be kindof lenient at times - with small bumps or minor collisions to the rear not even making the damage score. But 500 Cr of damage per race on average? That'd drive me nuts.

Like I've said though - I do try to be careful and leave the aggression for the car and track itself.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
NullPointer said:
Wow, maybe we just have different expectations. I consider it a problem when I finish a race with *any* damage. And it turns out the game can actually be kindof lenient at times - with small bumps or minor collisions to the rear not even making the damage score. But 500 Cr of damage per race on average? That'd drive me nuts.

Like I said, I don't restart or rewind. Quite a few races I've had 0cr damage but then other times on the last corner I've rubbed a wall and spun out causing a couple of thousand damage.

The AI might be bad in some races but it's still better than most racing I've experienced online. ;)

Gor@n said:

DBS for 8k
Rossion for 7k
Viper ACR for 12k

I got a 330 P4 tonight for 500k, for a savings of, oh, 8,500,000.

Now I don't feel so bad for not picking it as a level reward car. I went with the Shelby Daytona, and luckily, they both count towards the "Exclusive Taste" achievement.

Shaneus

Gor@n said:

DBS for 8k
Rossion for 7k
Viper ACR for 12k

How the fuck are you even able to browse the thing? It's painful.

Snubbers

Majanew said:
Yeah, the AI is terrible. They can't even see the other cars. Just ramming into each other and my ride. And I get stuck duking it out early on because T10 still refuses to add a qualifying lap so I can hang out in the front with Rossi and get away from the tards. Though, Rossi will run right into me all the time too. Definitely feels like the AI took a nosedive from FM3.

I'm another one that actually finds the AI pretty OK. In fact, having been purposefully close racing with it a bit more, the more I appreciate how reactive it is.

Could you make a video of you racing with it? I'd just like to see if I'm just being lucky or something.

I was messing around with the AI after this video popped up on YouTube, and I can confirm the AI seem to be quite respectful in the same situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNeAsv-2z0

There is the odd bit of contact, and its far from perfect, but it seems to be a step up from FM3

Mascot

Shaneus said:
Me during the last lap (in this session) of that Positano TG Rivals thing:
Good, clean start.
Fuck, traffic. Still ahead of ghost...
FUCK. More traffic.
*Ghost goes by*
Fuck it, keep driving anyway.
*finish line*
Congratulations, you have defeated Masscot.

Sad thing is, if it wasn't for so many laps with tiny bumps either in the last half of the preceding track (seriously, the sensitivity here for that is woeful... any bumps in the last half are counted toward the next! ARGH) I'd have pulled an even better time. Hit a 1:18, I think.

So, yeah. Hi Mascot :D

Lol, I originally endured that hateful event (for far longer than was safe for my mental health or blood pressure) with the sole intention of beating your time. This was purely to force you back into the event, with my ultimate goal being to drive you insane.

Did it work?

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Lol, I originally endured that hateful event (for far longer than was safe for my mental health or blood pressure) with the sole intention of beating your time. This was purely to force you back into the event, with my ultimate goal being to drive you insane.

Did it work?
Which one was it again... Positano?

Give me a sec.

Edit: Nope, not insane. I've also come to the conclusion that there are some times that look to be outright fucking impossible to beat. How does anyone do 1:11.4?!?

On another note, how fucking good does that Stratos sound stock? Absolutely beautiful sound.

h3ro

Izayoi said:
Can someone check how much the Veyron Super Sport costs to purchase?

Just hit 47 and am now stuck on the reward select screen.
Here's a trick for that everyone:

When you're at the Gift Car select screen and you would like to check stats or test drive a gift car, hit LT to pull up the message center. Then go over to the shared car or Rivals message section and select one of the messages. It usually either takes you to the GAF garage or the Community section.

Hit B and back out the menu, hit up Free Play and test drive the cars to your hearts content.

PROFIT.

Also, I can't find a cheap Aston DBR1. Feels bad man. I have been able to get a Ferrari 330P4 (375K) and Ford GT40 (75K) to go along with my gift Shelby. Now I really want that Aston. Come one random auction people, put one up with a 40K buyout!

I really hope I'm able to get those super expensive Ferrari's as well. One day...

caramac

BoobPhysics101 said:
I re-sent it. Hopefully this shit works. Do the club invites not always go out smoothly?

I received an invite, apologies for not responding. I was just about to hang my controller up for the night/early morning o_0

Mascot

Shaneus said:
Which one was it again... Positano?

Give me a sec.

Edit: Nope, not insane.

Just took nearly two seconds off your time. Over to you, matey.

The certification on Positano is a fucking joke. Twice this morning I had to restart because decertification was locked to my lapping. Even pootling around within the lines for two laps and not even getting close to other cars wouldn't clear it. Also, I had a brilliant lap (even quicker than the one I eventually posted) that was definitely triangle-free (I looked just before the end) the until I crosssed the middle of the fucking finish line, then BAM: uncertified. Utter bullshit. It's litttle stupid things like this that undo a lot of Turn 10's good work on this game.

I also wish there was an audio cue when laps are uncertified. A tiny little triangle in the corner of the screen isn't enough to let you know when and where it happened.

eek5

Mascot said:
Just took nearly two seconds off your time. Over to you, matey.

The certification on Positano is a fucking joke. Twice this morning I had to restart because decertification was locked to my lapping
Pretty sure I hit that "bug" too. I carried a mistake through 1.5 laps then just ended up restarting.

The_Monk

So I decided that, even with Dark Souls on PS3 and BF3 and UC3 on the next week I'll be giving much love to Forza 4 so I decided to get the Season Pass.

Regarding the Season Pass, more cars in the future and...tracks, maybe? Or just cars?

Plus, I'm having a hard time getting money, how can I ever be able to buy all those Ferraris? Ugh.

I'm almost at the end of the last Season in World Tour can't wait to unlock some more Autovista cars and start working on my Event List Races.

Dommel

The_Monk said:
So I decided that, even with Dark Souls on PS3 and BF3 and UC3 on the next week I'll be giving much love to Forza 4 so I decided to get the Season Pass.

Regarding the Season Pass, more cars in the future and...tracks, maybe? Or just cars?

Plus, I'm having a hard time getting money, how can I ever be able to buy all those Ferraris? Ugh.

I'm almost at the end of the last Season in World Tour can't wait to unlock some more Autovista cars and start working on my Event List Races.

Their past DLC track record (hehe, geddit) is what's holding me off buying a season pass. I could care less about 150 extra cars, all I want is tracks and more tracks.

The_Monk

Dommel said:
Their past DLC track record (hehe, geddit) is what's holding me off buying a season pass. I could care less about 150 extra cars, all I want is tracks and more tracks.

I kinda agree with you. Playing in World Tour and some tracks started to get old sooner than I expected. It's always good to have more cars but I would love the ability to take them to more/new tracks.

I heard that after finishing World Tour you won't get the achievement that consists of racing in every location. This only means that you race on the same locations, over and over and over.

Gor@n

Neo Member
enzo_gt said:
How do you guys find these deals?! Just go for cars that are not searched as often?

I always feel like even if I bid on something, it'll show up on the "soon to be sold" feed on AH home and then just gets bid up to the skies.

I want really cheap, awesome cars :<

I just browse everyday for cars i like, most of it is down to pure luck, willing the auction to go my way..lol. Good tip is to scroll through the whole list as the VIP members are always at top regardless of the price or time left.

Shaneus said:
How the fuck are you even able to browse the thing? It's painful.

Yeah it gets pretty bad when the servers go awol, but i just stick to it and get rewarded with cheap ass cars. Corvette GS for 8k,Toureg R50 for 5k, TVR Sagaris for basement price of 2600 and Alfa Guilette (no clue how to spell) for 1k.

There are some cars which hardly go for cheap, i'm still looking for an MP4-12C, F50, F40 XJ220, Ferrari FF and Noble M600 at a good price.

Also its beyond me the prices some cars go for, millions of credits for a car which costs 50k or less.

op_ivy said:
forza motorsport themed joss jt1 and 458.

I ain't got swat either

They should get the british voice over guy to say "lap invalidated" if you trigger the /!\ mid lap, would be so sweet.

Or clarkson saying "loooosseerrrrrrr"

Top Bottom