Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Somewhat disappointed with the lack of new paint colours. I was really hoping for some mattes and a decent chrome . Really wish I could put a matte paint on the Zonda R. Love the car but it just doesn't look right. :(
I'd actually pay for some new DLC considering how popular the artistic side of the game is.
 
I've seen multiple posters say that they got some cars gifted to them from T10. (Not the RX7 preorder unicorn)

I'm VIP and haven't gotten anything as of yet.

Any info on this? Jube, do you have any info on these gift cars?
 
h3ro said:
I've seen multiple posters say that they got some cars gifted to them from T10. (Not the RX7 preorder unicorn)

I'm VIP and haven't gotten anything as of yet.

Any info on this? Jube, do you have any info on these gift cars?
I haven't seen anything yet either.
 

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
h3ro said:
I've seen multiple posters say that they got some cars gifted to them from T10. (Not the RX7 preorder unicorn)

I'm VIP and haven't gotten anything as of yet.

Any info on this? Jube, do you have any info on these gift cars?
he had posted earlier that they went out to those that did the pre-order incentive program. if you havent gotten it, i'd imagine its due to the huge list of gamertags to be sorted through and it will be coming soon. hopefully jube can comment.

i havent seen em posted so here they are btw


 
op_ivy said:
he had posted earlier that they went out to those that did the pre-order incentive program. if you havent gotten it, i'd imagine its due to the huge list of gamertags to be sorted through and it will be coming soon. hopefully jube can comment.

i havent seen em posted so here they are btw
That's a sexy design. I haven't gotten them yet I'll have to double check later
 
Not a fan of AI on hot laps with traffic. It's as if they are completely blind to my presence. I get that with traffic they should not move directly out of my way, but cutting into me on the corners is a bit much. Fujimi clean lap in traffic really tested my patietence. You cannot get caught up in a group through the curves.
 
h3ro said:
I've seen multiple posters say that they got some cars gifted to them from T10. (Not the RX7 preorder unicorn)

I'm VIP and haven't gotten anything as of yet.

Any info on this? Jube, do you have any info on these gift cars?
Ditto! I want my sex cars!
 
harrytang said:
Not a fan of AI on hot laps with traffic. It's as if they are completely blind to my presence. I get that with traffic they should not move directly out of my way, but cutting into me on the corners is a bit much. Fujimi clean lap in traffic really tested my patietence. You cannot get caught up in a group through the curves.
I agree 100%

I just finished the World Tour. Feels good, now I need to unlock some Cars on Autovista and start my Event List.

But I'm so low on credits, things like owning all the Ferraris or have the 5 most expensive cars in this games seems way far away then I could expect...
 
harrytang said:
Not a fan of AI on hot laps with traffic. It's as if they are completely blind to my presence. I get that with traffic they should not move directly out of my way, but cutting into me on the corners is a bit much. Fujimi clean lap in traffic really tested my patietence. You cannot get caught up in a group through the curves.
Yeah, the AI is my biggest disappointment. It's like yes, they added more cars to each race, but it feels like they didn't do any work on the AI to account for the higher density. It was bad in FM3, but it was usually clouded by the fact that you never had more than a few cars around you (they'd still hit you, though, if you were in their desired line). Here, the pile-ups and bumper car action have me rewinding and resetting races much more often. It's making me want to go back and give GT5 a 5th chance.

Although less important, photomode and customization also feel like little has changed, like they didn't really do anything major to update them. Autovista is great, though, and the whole flow of the game is definitely superior to what has come before. I miss the car trivia during loading screens, though.

Still really enjoying it, but I can't help but feel like I've done all this before. The lack of more new tracks only adds to that sentiment.
 
I think the track-day laps have very zombie AI, but you use that fact to know they will always follow the exact same line, and the art is to just drive around them as you know which side to go when etc..

I thought I'd hate it, as it's so 'un-simlike' to have to race through a million slow cars, but actually since it's so predictable, it's lead to me really enjoying the Stratos around Positano in the TG Rivals challenge.
 
ghibli99 said:
Yeah, the AI is my biggest disappointment. It's like yes, they added more cars to each race, but it feels like they didn't do any work on the AI to account for the higher density. It was bad in FM3, but it was usually clouded by the fact that you never had more than a few cars around you (they'd still hit you, though, if you were in their desired line). Here, the pile-ups and bumper car action have me rewinding and resetting races much more often. It's making me want to go back and give GT5 a 5th chance.

Although less important, photomode and customization also feel like little has changed, like they didn't really do anything major to update them. Autovista is great, though, and the whole flow of the game is definitely superior to what has come before. I miss the car trivia during loading screens, though.

Still really enjoying it, but I can't help but feel like I've done all this before. The lack of more new tracks only adds to that sentiment.
It's pretty obvious that Turn 10's focus was on graphics,sound and physics. The actual race day immersion I keep mentioning, took a back seat along with an overhauled upgrade,customization and tuning options,weather..etc. I understand where they were coming from though.
What Turn 10 have produced here is a very high caliber game, very well rounded and very entertaining without feeling totally new which is a feat in itself.

I am a little disappointed that they haven't included things like revolutionary AI, more upgrade,customization and tuning options, more real life tracks, more race day immersion...things that matter to me. Having said that though, this should hopefully mean that for FM5, we should be seeing those elements take priority over other things like AV,graphics etc..
Can you imagine a FM in it's current form multiplied to not only include the beautiful visuals, amazing sound design, livery editor, online options, upgraded physics model..etc, but also my previous points about ai,weather,tracks..etc?
It boggles the mind on the possibilities not only for FM but GT as well..
 
saladine1 said:
I am a little disappointed that they haven't included things like revolutionary AI
It may be a issue with available resources in the xbox at this pt. AI consumes quite a bit of CPU the more advanced it is the more evaluations per second that need to happen
 
Diablohead said:
They should get the british voice over guy to say "lap invalidated" if you trigger the /!\ mid lap, would be so sweet.

Or clarkson saying "loooosseerrrrrrr"
You know, I'm going to get a copy of Forza 4 on a box that can run unsigned code and integrate the sound effects from the original Sega Rally into it. You can't say you wouldn't love the random "Woah!", "Turn around" and at the end of a race... well, you know how that goes.
 
I feel the same saladine. Forza and GT are the prime reasons of why I want this gen to end. There are so many possibilities for those two franchises, the current consoles just aren't enough. More RAM, more processing power, more disc space for Forza, etc..., all those things will allow for even more awesome games than those we have today.
Just seeing FM4 and GT5 at their full potential (higher LOD and textures in-game, 1920x1080 @ v-synced 60 fps) would make a huge difference I think.
 
Mascot said:
Just took nearly two seconds off your time. Over to you, matey.

The certification on Positano is a fucking joke. Twice this morning I had to restart because decertification was locked to my lapping. Even pootling around within the lines for two laps and not even getting close to other cars wouldn't clear it. Also, I had a brilliant lap (even quicker than the one I eventually posted) that was definitely triangle-free (I looked just before the end) the until I crosssed the middle of the fucking finish line, then BAM: uncertified. Utter bullshit. It's litttle stupid things like this that undo a lot of Turn 10's good work on this game.

I also wish there was an audio cue when laps are uncertified. A tiny little triangle in the corner of the screen isn't enough to let you know when and where it happened.
Yeah, I... um... had a really good lap too that was TOTALLY ruined by that thing you said.

Seriously, I do have an issue with how far back the window is for each track on making a clean run for a new lap. Suzuka, Alpine Ring (from the demo) and Positano are all ridiculous.
 
The_Monk said:
I kinda agree with you. Playing in World Tour and some tracks started to get old sooner than I expected. It's always good to have more cars but I would love the ability to take them to more/new tracks.

I heard that after finishing World Tour you won't get the achievement that consists of racing in every location. This only means that you race on the same locations, over and over and over.

The only location that isn't in world tour is the Test Track, at least, that's what I remember.
I'm trying to get that achievement right now, and it seems like you need to race on EVERY track in every environment.....reverse, drag strips, and you might even have to race the same tracks with different times of day. If that's the case, I really have no idea which tracks I've been on, and might have to go back and race each one over again.
 
Snubbers said:
I think the track-day laps have very zombie AI, but you use that fact to know they will always follow the exact same line, and the art is to just drive around them as you know which side to go when etc..

I thought I'd hate it, as it's so 'un-simlike' to have to race through a million slow cars, but actually since it's so predictable, it's lead to me really enjoying the Stratos around Positano in the TG Rivals challenge.
Yup. I think it's supposed to be like that, anyway. You're not racing against them, they're traffic. Pretty sure the AI in them is no more complicated than the traffic in the original Outrun.
 
The_Monk said:
So I decided that, even with Dark Souls on PS3 and BF3 and UC3 on the next week I'll be giving much love to Forza 4 so I decided to get the Season Pass.

Regarding the Season Pass, more cars in the future and...tracks, maybe? Or just cars?

...
The Season Pass covers only the first six monthly car packs nothing more and nothing less.
 
skyfinch said:
The only location that isn't in world tour is the Test Track, at least, that's what I remember.
I'm trying to get that achievement right now, and it seems like you need to race on EVERY track in every environment.....reverse, drag strips, and you might even have to race the same tracks with different times of day. If that's the case, I really have no idea which tracks I've been on, and might have to go back and race each one over again.
Someone posted a spreadsheet a few pages back to help keep track of that. Is quite nice
 
G Rom said:
I feel the same saladine. Forza and GT are the prime reasons of why I want this gen to end. There are so many possibilities for those two franchises, the current consoles just aren't enough. More RAM, more processing power, more disc space for Forza, etc..., all those things will allow for even more awesome games than those we have today.
Just seeing FM4 and GT5 at their full potential (higher LOD and textures in-game, 1920x1080 @ v-synced 60 fps) would make a huge difference I think.
Yep. The lead up to new consoles and the inevitable announcements of FM5 and GT6 will no doubt be the most exciting time for many racing fans.
The two franchises have their bread and butters basically nailed. It's expanding into their "unknowns" that will be the challenge but also where the excitement and anticipation will mostly lie for us.

I still remember when i first saw PGR 3. I was gobsmacked by the visuals and cockpit view. I want to have that feeling again and new gen tech is the only way..
 
harrytang said:
Not a fan of AI on hot laps with traffic. It's as if they are completely blind to my presence. I get that with traffic they should not move directly out of my way, but cutting into me on the corners is a bit much. Fujimi clean lap in traffic really tested my patietence. You cannot get caught up in a group through the curves.
I call it realistic
The real traffic simulator

this is what I was thinking today while driving in real life: wow forza4 really nailed the traffic :mad:
 
BADNED said:
The Season Pass covers only the first six monthly car packs nothing more and nothing less.
Thanks for answering.

Now I'm REALLY hoping for some vey good car packs...

skyfinch said:
The only location that isn't in world tour is the Test Track, at least, that's what I remember.
I'm trying to get that achievement right now, and it seems like you need to race on EVERY track in every environment.....reverse, drag strips, and you might even have to race the same tracks with different times of day. If that's the case, I really have no idea which tracks I've been on, and might have to go back and race each one over again.
I guess there's only way to find out. Finish a race in every single Event! Ouch!
 
The_Monk said:
Thanks for answering.

Now I'm REALLY hoping for some vey good car packs...



I guess there's only way to find out. Finish a race in every single Event! Ouch!

Not too bad. All I'm doing is setting up a private race with one lap. Earn some XP and credits while I'm at it.

Think the ones I'm missing are the drag strips and some of the reverse tracks.
 
skyfinch said:
Not too bad. All I'm doing is setting up a private race with one lap. Earn some XP and credits while I'm at it.

Think the ones I'm missing are the drag strips and some of the reverse tracks.
Yeah I have no idea what I'm missing.

Do you plan on clean your Event List? You must be loaded with credits man, last time I saw you online you were almost level 80 I guess.
 
Reached level 51, and now they give some credits as gift. I'm really liking the way the game rewards you. Can enjoy much more cars this time.

I'm having much more fun with R1/R2/R3 races too. FM3 was too easy on medium and now it's a perfect balance between medium/hard.
 
So most of you are going to think I'm crazy... when I was getting old enough to drive, GT 1 was out. I loved it, and was the reason why a couple of years later I bought an Eclipse GSX. it was my first sports car and still holds a place in my heart. Cut to now, I drive a Mazda 3 2.5 hatch. I'm much older and I wanted something with decent speed and mpg's. I play Forza 4, fall in love with the Speed 3 , research the shit out of it and trade up. Video games and cars will be the death of me.
 
The_Monk said:
Yeah I have no idea what I'm missing.

Do you plan on clean your Event List? You must be loaded with credits man, last time I saw you online you were almost level 80 I guess.

88 now. Only an hour or so of online racing and you can level up very quickly. Same with affinity and credits.

I think I'm at 16% event listing now. Will eventually clean the event listing but like FM3, it will take me a while.



shinnn said:
I'm having much more fun with R1/R2/R3 races too. FM3 was too easy on medium and now it's a perfect balance between medium/hard.
Love racing in these classes. Not too many people use these cars when playing online, however.
I even like Hockenhiem and Silverstone whenever I get the chance to race them in an R1 car.
 
got some pics I've been meaning to put up










Overall, I am loving this game, already a level 50 with a little over 24 hours played, and have only purchased one car along the way lol, love the car at every level type reward system, as well as choosing which to get
 
BADNED said:
He just realised that he has to pay the full price for the track packs.

lol
Seriously, Dan - we are fucking ready for Spa. I know the game has only been out less than two weeks but WE ARE READY.

Stop sitting on it and release it already!
 
saladine1 said:
It's pretty obvious that Turn 10's focus was on graphics,sound and physics. The actual race day immersion I keep mentioning, took a back seat along with an overhauled upgrade,customization and tuning options,weather..etc. I understand where they were coming from though.
What Turn 10 have produced here is a very high caliber game, very well rounded and very entertaining without feeling totally new which is a feat in itself.

I am a little disappointed that they haven't included things like revolutionary AI, more upgrade,customization and tuning options, more real life tracks, more race day immersion...things that matter to me. Having said that though, this should hopefully mean that for FM5, we should be seeing those elements take priority over other things like AV,graphics etc..
Can you imagine a FM in it's current form multiplied to not only include the beautiful visuals, amazing sound design, livery editor, online options, upgraded physics model..etc, but also my previous points about ai,weather,tracks..etc?
It boggles the mind on the possibilities not only for FM but GT as well..
What worries me is that we all assume night racing, weather, better track-day atmosphere, proper pit stops, better customisation, a wider roster of tracks etc etc will all be in FM5 now that Turn 10 won't be so shackled by hardware limitations. My concern is that Dan likes to do his own thing (Indy instead of Spa, for example) and his focus seems more on car culture in general than producing the definitive racing game.

I wouldn't be at all surprised in FM5 was very, very similar to FM4, but maybe with one or two extra tracks, more dawn/dusk variants on existing tracks, and a load more autovista cars to browse through. There might be a steep learning curve with the new hardware, too, so we might not see massive graphical improvements until a year or two after launch.

One thing's for sure though: there will be lots of innuendo, suggestions, nods and winks as to what's in FM5, right up until release day, all fuelled by 'no comments' from Turn 10 themselves.
 
Seanspeed said:
I still dont get why that was funny.

And its actually 7 car packs if you didn't buy the LCE.
It's funny because who gets excited for 6 car packs?

Yay, extra cars...

It seems like a no-brainer for racing games to have tracks as DLC but yet somehow it's something they don't do. Took GT5 a year for Spa and FM3 failed to deliver.

Is it too much work so that they can't offer it for a reasonable price? I'd rather buy a track for a few bucks than 'episodic' content for any other game which lasts a maximum of 3-5 hours.
 
Thought the season pass would make DLC somewhat cheap, yet it's still $30 for 60 cars. The game with 500 cars is $60 :/

And half of them will be 2011/2012 versions of existing cars in FM4.
 
Ty4on said:
And half of them will be 2011/2012 versions of existing cars in FM4.
Hopefully not, there's been a lot of cool cars announced that I would love to see in the game. And it looks like there's a few old bits waiting as well.

I do wish T10 would hold a genuine vote though, directly on their website, about the cars and tracks people would like to see. The threads over there are just a mess.