• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 graphics downgraded since e3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to ypo for pointing this out

E3
lJsZkOo.png

Now
EwwdGMw.png

If you watch this IGN video, you will notice very high quality motion blur on the sides. It looks beautiful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_NySJyi2pw

Gameplay from PAX has no motion blur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBM8-clQptc

Hope this an early build. That motion blur in the e3 video looks epic!

Youtube never been ideal to make comparisons. You don't know how many hands the video has been processed through before it hits Youtube.

Metfanant

Wouldn't be a complete shock to find out that at E3 Forza was running on one of those famous "Xbone spec'd PC's" and that retail hardware isn't quite at that level...

Regardless Turn 10 always delivers and Forza 5 will be a killer game for the Xbone...it will be the best launch title...

The game never had motion blur during gameplay. IGN footage was replay mode.

Looks identical otherwise.

You should all pressure Turn10 to release some 1080p direct feed mp4 footage.

The environment in the latest video looks really iffy. Cars look good still though. When we get true comparisons between this and Drive Club, it's going to be suhweeet.

The E3 shot is more flattering for sure but I don't know how much you can scrutinize Youtube screenshots. Are they even being viewed in their highest quality?

As people have said repeatedly the twitch video is compressed and scaled which is why its aliased and slightly blurry. Then that twitch stream being recorded and put on YouTube further compresses it.

hopefully they release direct feed for everyone soon. I saw it at PAX yesterday and it looked way better than what this video showed...

Skeff

I don't really follow Forza much as I'm getting a PS4 and I don't really like Racing games, But could this just be a difference of well covered up replay mode vs. actual gameplay?

ekim

E3
lJsZkOo.png

Now
EwwdGMw.png

If you watch this IGN video, you will notice very high quality motion blur on the sides. It looks beautiful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_NySJyi2pw

Gameplay from PAX has no motion blur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBM8-clQptc

Hope this an early build. That motion blur in the e3 video looks epic!

The pax gameplay is a rip from an non-HD twitch stream upscaled to 720p.
Btw: the E3 build was playable at gamescom as well and on E3 (on the Xbox One console) - it looks the same like the first video.

Its a GPS side-grade if anything.

And yeah, I don't think this footage is very representative of anything besides how the internet's series of tubes can give videos stretchmarks as they force their way through em.

RoKKeR

Nothing better than comparing two horribly compressed YouTube screencaps of varying quality to determine whether or not there was a graphical downgrade in a game.

I'm really not worried about Forza 5's graphics. It's locked 60fps, smooth as butter, and has the fantastic Forza gameplay.

Afrikan

Its off screen footage.
Different track.
Different lighting situation.

Wait to use a more accurate comparison.

This is wasn't cool in the DriveClub thread and it's not cool here.

vio

DigitalFoundry should get on this right now. They don`t have problem with using Youtube videos now and then.

Elginer

This seems to be happening more and more with Xbone games. Didn't some insider here say this was going to be the case with the bone?

What part of running on dev hardware don't you understand. Just joking around, can we not get a better source on either than YouTube?

bigol

Its off screen footage.
Different track.
Different lighting situation.

Wait to use a more accurate comparison.

This is wasn't cool in the DriveClub thread and it's not cool here.

Not offscreen, they are both direct feed

but yeah

different track
different lighting situation and it's from Youtube.

Really wait for final game

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Worth noticing because some people indeed think that the track's blandness is due to bad performance: the track is a recreation of Laguna Seca, a real-world race track. It looks "bland" because it is bland in the real world. There is just nothing else there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom