• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 graphics downgraded since e3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakn3Dfx

Oh boy.

qB7b6.gif

lol I'll just pay attention to Blim's Gamescom videos, or all the other awesome gamescom videos of this up on youtube that prove this is nonsense, thank you very much.

For people to not even be paying attention to the evidence that's present tells you all you need to know. Game looks amazing. :)

Goldmund

Turn 10 should just throw in the towel and release Forza 5 for YouTube, where most of us will play it, anyway, at glorious 360p.

vpance

Interior lighting looks downgraded as well.

Posted it in the other thread, but if you check 2:10 of the original E3 vid to 4:00 of the new one, focus on the dash and how there's an AO effect, as well as how it gets gradually and subtlety lit up as the car goes around the corner. In the new vid it's very flat in comparison.

Poorly compressed YouTube direct footage capture:

EwwdGMw.png

And here is an of-screen image capture taken from a Gamersyde video taken at CG:

i4FtlFUfJoxFH.png

Downgrade you say?

I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product.

Yeah, plus comparing footage from a stream seems just wow.

I agree... even with the Ryse glitches and pop ins
not the overall combat which could be up for debate
... they could still anchor out these problems before the final product more so with Forza as they seem less of a big deal
...just jaggies
especially with the fact that their gameplay is not suffering at all since its a racer

could be a alpha build as well... they could still tune down a bit of these lens flares though :/

Edit: oh and the comparison of different tracks and different compressed videos... one from a stream and a youtube video doesn't help either
time will tell

Yea, do yourselves a favor and watch some actual high quality footage of the game from Gamescom.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_more_forza_5-14500_en.html

or this.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_forza_5_gameplay-14463_en.html

Awesome hood reflections especially at 2:17.

Check out lighting and shadows inside car at 3:17

Well we know that the twitch stream was using horrible compression. Even the loading screens had jaggies.

Autovista (something we know has no jaggies) also had jaggies ;)

It went from Forza 5 to Forza

Hard to compare environments between a city location and a real-life track in the first place. Its even harder to use Laguna Seca.

Laguna Seca looks like that
shit
in real life too

LagunaSeca-lg.jpg

Not to mention you're using Youtube streams to compare

Orca

Well we know that the twitch stream was using horrible compression. Even the loading screens had jaggies.

Someone said earlier the twitch stream was 480p upscaled to 720p.

This thread is laughable. Comparing compressed and non-HD YouTube streams of different tracks? There are enough legit Xbox One complaints, no need to manufacture more.

Xav

I hear you have to download a massive day one update for the game, maybe that's where the rest of the graphics went.

I'm kidding, I like Turn 10. They're one of the few good things about Microsoft, I trust them to deliver a quality game all around.

Majmun

The comparison pics make the game look real ugly. But the game is actually pretty stunning

Not really great source material for a fair comparison imo

Elios83

I don't think that Youtube videos showing different tracks are a good way to make such claims.
Still, going from PC based dev kits to actual hardware might require some tweaks/changes (not necessarily downgrades).
Just wait until the game is out.

I don't think that Youtube videos showing different tracks are a good way to make such claims.
Still, going from PC based dev kits to actual hardware might require some tweaks/changes (not necessarily downgrades).
Just wait until the game is out.

Forza 5 was never shown on a PC devkit, this is a troll thread. There are plenty of videos from last week at gamescom that show what the game looks like, but console warriors have to stoop down to posting a YouTube video of a poor twitch stream to try and win some points.

Forza 5 was never shown on a PC devkit, this is a troll thread. There are plenty of videos from last week at gamescom that show what the game looks like, but console warriors have to stoop down to posting a YouTube video of a poor twitch stream to try and win some points.

/thread

coldfoot

Banned
Don't know about the whole motion blur thing, but the cockpits look identical just with different lighting. Not comparing the road/track detail since it's different track.

And one more post for the road. My favorite Gamescom Forza 5 vid, largely because the driver is actually pretty damn good, and it's also a gameplay video of the much prettier track first shown at E3. Tell me this game has been downgraded, pretty please :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGw3CVwu7I

Look at the lighting inside that car. Oh, and dat framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom