• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Micro transactions price table : or how to do it wrong

1384976898-jetons.png

Grab from a french stream last night.

This is the price of token for Forza 5 if you don't want to gring your credits. Most of us are used to these table in most F2P and mobile game, but look closely... yes : the price are more expensive as you buy more tokens.

price per token
1€ => 1ct / token
5€ => 1,53 ct / token
10€ => 1,74 ct / token (recommended ! )
20€ => 1,6 ct / token
50€ => 1,85 ct /jtoken (Great Value !!! )
100€ => 1,25 ct /token

So Microsoft charges you more if you pay more. This is not the way to do it Microsoft, this is not how you do micro transaction especially not in a 60 dollar game.

Pay for gas if old.

Edit 1 :

I asked a streamer to go look at the token prices in the store

This is how it looked

ib18rOCSKZHkvy.png

so if my math is correct, that would be....

100T $1.35 74 Tokens/$
575T $6.65 86 Tokens/$
1250T $13.45 92 Tokens/$
2700T $26.95 100 Tokens/$
8000T $64.95 123 Tokens/$
20000T $139.95 142,9 Tokens/$

atleast the bigger packs get you a bit better value.

Yup, according to a quick google conversion: 65 US Dollar equals 48.28 Euro
So $65 for 8,000 tokens in the U.S. and 100 Euros for 8,000 tokens in the EU. wow.

Maybe they are heavy so the shipping costs are high? ;)

Edit 2 :

Hi all, just wanted to quickly clarify the situation.

The pricing displayed for Token Packs in Forza Motorsport 5 is incorrect. As a result, transactions are not paying out the correct number of tokens. We are resolving this issue immediately and expect players to see the correct pricing structure and accurate token values later today. Any player that has purchased one of these packs will be credited the appropriate amount of tokens when the issue has been resolved.

Hexa

I'm so confused. Why not just buy the lowest option 100 times? Are they really making you pay for the 'convenience' of being able to buy more at once?

It's probably just a mistake.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm so confused. Why not just buy the lowest option 100 times? Are they really making you pay for the 'convenience' of being able to buy more at once?

MS is just too consistent at this point for this to be a mistake.

You are already lazy to grind if you consider buying tokens so they though " they will be lazy to buy multiples time the cheapest one too ! "

potam

Banned

The fact that the two most expensive options are also the only two promoted choices makes me think this is not a mistake.

kadotsu

Banned
Those tokens are convenience products, it makes sense that a convenient amount of them would cost more. MS just wants a little extra so you don't have do purchase the same item multiple times.

daripad

no 60 dollar game should do microtransactions. This is the most annoying crap ever and will be more prominent next gen it seems.

jms493

Neo Member
they had these tokens in Forza 4....there was no need for them. I had over 30M and over 200 cars before I stopped playing.

So are you really upset since you were planning on buying these tokens or did you see this and think you just had a make a thread to complain about it? If people are too lazy too figure out how much they are paying for these then it's their own problem.

There's being a cheeky bastard and there's DIRECT LYING TO THE CUSTOMERS. Great value my ass...

If you pardon my french, FUCK'EM.

That's pretty ridiculous. So you're better off just buying multiple 100 Jetons. Are they actually making you grind while your purchase your Jetons?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
they had these tokens in Forza 4....there was no need for them. I had over 30M and over 200 cars before I stopped playing.

Protip: grinding is much more needed in Forza 5 (and content is much thinner)

If someone will be proactive about it, MS could get slapped hard by fair trade/false advertising laws in most European countries.

Allforce

So are you really upset since you were planning on buying these tokens or did you see this and think you just had a make a thread to complain about it? If people are too lazy too figure out how much they are paying for these then it's their own problem.

Wow

Deitus

The worst part is that the "Recommended" and "Great Value" prices are actually the worst deals of all of them. Absolutely despicable.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah somebody fucked this up.

I'd guess that it's the prices that are wrong because the number of tokens you're buying seems to line up with the artwork.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Oh its my now seemingly daily "close GAF tab" moment. Thanks for my productive afternoon in advance, terrible messageboard poster.

operon

0.99€ gives you 100 tokens
1 cent gives you 1 token basically but it's broken down for better price understanding

Blue ones are the one you get for free* !

*Not actually because you still end up paying more wich is false advertising

The blue tokens are free!*

*Please note, 'free' may actually mean 'relatively more expensive'.

was wondering if they were worth more, not be using them anyway

aeolist

Banned
just ignore microtransactions if you don't want to pay for them, you can still do everything you want in the game!*

*game is designed entirely around frustrating the player until they start dropping cash in the store

In what fucking universe is paying 100 euro for zero additional content "great value?" Our time and money is absolutely worthless...right up to the point you are given the option to buy it back from them one euro at a time.

This is another example of why alternative currencies for microtransactions are shady bullshit. All purchases should have to be done directly in real money. They are basically scamming people by obscuring pricing behind fake numbers.

Kinyou

Is that even legal? I think I remember some story where a company got in trouble for selling a more expensive multibox.

Dougald

I think the supermarkets need to get in on this.

Tescos could do 2L bottles of coke for £1 each, special offer 3 for £4

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You have played the career already?

I played a fair bit (game is fantastic and I loved drivatars), friend of mine from the biggest gaming network website in the country has had the chance to get deep into the game and I've been busting his balls on every little detail since this was the only game (besides Cave re-entering the console business for STGs and choosing once again Xbox as its platform of choice) which could have made me broke my "no-Xbox and definitely not at launch" promise to myself. Promise will not be broken, even if my wheel was supported (and it's not). The game needs content, as it is it doesn't resemble a full fledged full price game (especially compared to Forza 3/4) at all but just a deadline-compromised launch game. It'll need a fair bit of free DLC tracks and cars, and .i have no idea how much if any it's coming (I'd say cars are probably coming, some will be free I think like previous titles but Turn10 doesn't have an history of good support in the form of DLC tracks)

RdN

Fuck this.. I get mad that Microsoft is doing this, but what really gets mad is that people BUY this stuff, which encourages developers to pull this kind of bullshit.

softie

price per token
1€ => 1ct / token
5€ => 1,53 ct / token
10€ => 1,74 ct / token (recommended ! )
20€ => 1,6 ct / token
50€ => 1,85 ct /jtoken (Great Value !!! )
100€ => 1,25 ct /token

rofl this is really piss-yourself-worthy.

Math, how does it work?

g1cb56f4e.jpg

I work out the £ per inch² of a pizza before ordering. Math for the win.
Someone British needs to get onto ASA about this. Room for genuine complaint here, surely?
Thing with ASA is they will just tell Microsoft to remove the recommended/great value part. I don't think they have much power for online type stuff like this.

PG2G

I played a fair bit (game is fantastic and I loved drivatars), friend of mine from the biggest gaming network website in the country has had the chance to get deep into the game and I've been busting his balls on every little detail since this was the only game (besides Cave re-entering the console business for STGs and choosing once again Xbox as its platform of choice) which could have made me broke my "no-Xbox and definitely not at launch" promise to myself.

I am under the impression that the changes are no more gift cars but you get paid more money pee race to make up for it. That sound about right?

Top Bottom