• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 - 4k & HDR Courtesy of Blim (Gamersyde)!!! Must See!

Hawk269

For those interested, Gamersyde has just uploaded 4k & HDR capture of Forza 7. If you have previously seen 4k feed you know how impressive the game looks, but I urge you to (if you have a HDR Screen) to download these new files to a USB Drive and run them through your 4k/HDR screen to see how even more impressive this game looks.

I have watched a lot of coverage on this game, even downloaded DF's high bit footage, which was also impressive, but these new ones posted by Gamersyde are the best yet due to the HDR inclusion.

http://www.gamersyde.com/index_en.html

Lock if old!

Hoje0308

Banned
Yep, downloaded just a bit ago and was surprised by how good it looks. Hoping this becomes a trend and would like to see some HDR/SDR comparison vids in the future.

LQX

I honestly do not think it looks as impressive as Horizon. Thought it might change with those videos and was still not that impressed. I guess that might change in person though.

farisr

Is there like a media player/app (for W10) that does HDR properly? My TV doesn't do HDR vids via USB and I don't have any external media players that do that either.

The Windows 10 creators update added HDR capability, and I can enable that just fine, but from what I've seen the stuff when played back in a media player is not displaying HDR correctly still.

JMY86

Wow that really is jaw dropping. I just started downloading Forza Horizon 3 which is my first racing game and no way am I ready for Forza 7 yet.

Is there like a media player/app (for W10) that does HDR properly? My TV doesn't do HDR vids via USB and I don't have any external media players that do that either.

The Windows 10 creators update added HDR capability, and I can enable that just fine, but from what I've seen the stuff when played back in a media player is not displaying HDR correctly still.

What tv is this?
I cant imagine a tv supporting hdr output and not having usb playback support.

First. props to Gamersydes servers. i got the full gig file in about 18 seconds.

Second. W0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oW!!!! i though Horizon 3 looked good on my tv. This game blows it out the fucking pool. The colors are amazing and deep. i watched it twice cause the first time i kept looking at the dunes and the lines on the floor. Sometimes i feel like my HDR isnt working. After watching this, i can see its certain games, not the tv.

TV: 65KS8000
Played from: USB

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Holy crap. This blows away anything I've seen on console before. VERY impressive.

EDIT: Also... holy shit at the end of that weather demo.

branny

Wow, it looks nice! Unfortunately, two minutes into each video is enough for the impact of the graphics to fade away for me and want Forza Horizon instead. :(

Such a pity that the XOX doesn't come with an elite controller packed in or anything. Could be a nice machine for third-party games if enough of them get solid enhancements over PS4 Pro.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I love Horizon as well but this blows away..everything.

It really does. Watching this on my LG B6 (55) and I'm blown away. I get the feeling people with poor settings, small TVs, or TVs with bad HDR just aren't gonna understand how good this looks. I'd love to see it on a 65 inch or larger set.

Hawk269

It is very impressive. I wonder what bit rate these videos are in. When I downloaded the DF high-bit rate ones that were over 3gb in size, so I wonder if the bit rate is lower on these, even though they have HDR?

Bottom-line, it is really gorgeous and I agree with others that the track with the rain and in particular the last 1/4 of the 2nd lap is incredible. I wish there was one more lap to see more of that track with the sun coming up.

Fantastic job to the team at Gamersyde for these video's!!!

Any TV that has 4k/HDR should be able to play these off a USB drive. For me (on a Sony) it was plug and play. TV detected it immediately and just had to select the file and it was going.

Thank you, thank you, thank you gamersyde!

I now never, for people who have the appropriately capable screen to see this, never have to say this ever again.

I disagree with it being "safe to assume" there is truth when we have gif evidence, and video evidence, that clearly not all his claims are based in truth. Even if some of them are right, I think Gestault probably had the best response to them. Some claims are seemingly way off base solely because it seems he used very few limited occurrences from which to base his claim while ignoring the many examples where the claim wouldn't be true. And other things seem so bold in their assumptions that there's no way to either prove or disprove the claim, because it seemingly takes us into ridiculous territory. How is he proving that things are low resolution? Is he using entire sections? One area, multiple areas on multiple tracks? We simply do not know. Is he basing this on certain lighting conditions? Is he pausing a video stream and judging based solely on that? I can pretty much tell you right now that unless people here have seen Forza 7 running in person, I can guarantee these youtube videos are simply not doing the game true justice. Same goes for Assassin's Creed Origins. Nothing I see posted anywhere matches up with what I played in person. The quality looks drastically diminished in a number of ways. Game doesn't look as clean, textures or environment way off into the distance don't stand out and look as vivid as they did from my play sessions.

The clarity I saw in person has been replaced by a weird over saturation in specific areas, completely losing the essence of what made a particular area stand out visually. And as good as this Forza Footage looks, people who have yet to see it properly will be in for a surprise once they finally do.

I will now always just tell them to go download these videos.

OmegaDL50

Watching that video I'm sorely tempted to just spend my entire September gaming budget on the Ultimate edition for the W10 version.

I've been waiting a long time for a traditional simcade racer on PC with a massive car roster. Forza 7 will be the first of it's kind available on PC.

There have been other PC racers in the past but not nearly at the same car variety and track diversity that comes with the mainline Forza and Gran Turismo titles.

I will be there day one. I just hope Microsoft has their HDR solution for W10 fixed by then. It would be a waste to not get full advantage out of my X800D because Microsoft can't fix their poor implementation of HDR via Windows.

I enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 without HDR but I hope an eventual patch is made that enables it.

I look forward to October 3rd, with the massive filesize of the game, I hope some sort of preload is available too.

Hawk269

Wow, it looks nice! Unfortunately, two minutes into each video is enough for the impact of the graphics to fade away for me and want Forza Horizon instead. :(

Such a pity that the XOX doesn't come with an elite controller packed in or anything. Could be a nice machine for third-party games if enough of them get solid enhancements over PS4 Pro.

Totally different games, but understand many like the open/freedom of FH series. I like both pretty equally. I do hope for a day where Turn 10/Playground make a Forza World game where you have an open word like FH, but also add in the circuit races of real world tracks.

As impressive as this is, I cannot wait to see what they do with FH4. Playground uses tech from Turn 10 and run at 30fps rock solid, so seeing what they do with the Xbox One X at 30fps/4k native is going to be impressive.

Microsoft themselves should be providing video's like these, heck even higher bit versions in HDR for many of the games so people can truly see what this machine can do.

mortal

Gold Member
Yep, downloaded just a bit ago and was surprised by how good it looks. Hoping this becomes a trend and would like to see some HDR/SDR comparison vids in the future.

Publishers and developers absolutely need to do this. With how much they talk 4k this, 4k that, you'd think they at least put out more of their trailers and gameplay demos in 4k for gamers to get as best of an impression of their games as possible.

Mauddib

Banned
I guess a Surface Book wasn't handled to run this video because all I can hear is the audio, while the video got stuck on the first frame.

golem

Wow looks spectacular on my LG E6P oled. The videos on Youtube were nice but this is a different level. The storm rolling in on the track with the GT-R is awesome.

jbug617

Banned
KS8000 here and turned on HDR+ mode... looks pretty damn nice with colors popping. Is this the right mode?

To turn on HDR on KS8000 you have to go Settings. Under Picture go to Expert Settings and select HDMI UHD Color. Turn on the inputs you plan to use HDR on.

Hawk269

KS8000 here and turned on HDR+ mode... looks pretty damn nice with colors popping. Is this the right mode?

Not sure. My Sony kicks into automatic HDR once it detects a HDR signal. On my set, colors were vibrant and stuff like the sun hitting the rocks (not in the shade) appeared to really pop and on the rain track at the end where the sun is breaking through was really bright and colorful.

Not sure what the bit rate is on these, but they are impressive and the first 4k/HDR feed that we have, MS needs to provide these themselves or find a way to allow them to be downloaded on the Xbox One S and played back...any streaming will introduce artifacts, they need to have them available for download and 4k/HDR playback.

FLAguy954

Damn, and here I am with my plain 4K screen. Will give the video a watch once it finishes downloading in a few minutes.

Hexer06

If I have my TV (Samsung KS8000) hooked up to my computer, can I just play it from there? Or will I still have to use a USB? Downloading now. Should be done in about a half hour. :D

LQX

I love Horizon as well but this blows away..everything.

I guess I downloaded the wrong video. This is the video from the link no?
sJBQNTn.jpg

Hawk269

If I have my TV (Samsung KS8000) hooked up to my computer, can I just play it from there? Or will I still have to use a USB? Downloading now. Should be done in about a half hour. :D

For HDR yes. USB direct to the TV is the best way to watch it.

Hawk269

I guess I downloaded the wrong video. This is the video from the link no?

How are you trying to watch it? That shot you posted looks NOTHING like the video that I played on my set. It is bright, colorful and HDR highlights are spectacular. After 6 mainline Forza's, finally one with outstanding IQ!

Oozer3993

It looks almost impossibly clear and sharp on my LG C6. The GTR was almost laughably crisp. It was like a toy I could just reach out and grab.

LQX

Ah, figured even without a HDR set it would still be high quality on my monitor like any other high resolution video.

Top Bottom