• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Gek54

Nope, the slight vibrating is still there.

I think it might be related to an occasional crash on the Nordschleife too, because every now and then it'll crash as soon as I move to cockpit camera.

I finally found that if you turn off motion blur on the PC version that the hood camera vibration bug is gone on Nordschleife.

PLEASE TURN10 turn off motion blur for Nordschleife on the Xbox One X version or let us turn toggle it on or off.

Why do we need motion blur on a 60fps game anyway?

I finally found that if you turn off motion blur on the PC version that the hood camera vibration bug is gone on Nordschleife.

PLEASE TURN10 turn off motion blur for Nordschleife on the Xbox One X version or let us turn toggle it on or off.

Why do we need motion blur on a 60fps game anyway?

That’s curious, I wonder why motion blur of all things would be what causes it?

Glad you’ve found a workaround at least, and hopefully knowing that it’s connected to motion blur means that the devs know where to start to fix it.

I got this on sale this weekend and I have been playing it with rewind off and I haven't been using any mods or even opening crates. Anyone else doing this? I should mention I solely play single player.

LoveCake

I got this on sale this weekend and I have been playing it with rewind off and I haven't been using any mods or even opening crates. Anyone else doing this? I should mention I solely play single player.

I do use rewind, I do get the crates that contain the XP/Credit multipliers, the way they work are no different to how they were in Forza 6, it is only when you go for the crates to try and get cars, race-suits and icons it becomes a issue, but you can buy the cars and nobody bothers with the race-suits as you don't add anything, I use the one I got via pre-ordering, the icons are pointless, the issue at launch were the VIP bonuses which were fixed about a week after launch.

Gek54

That’s curious, I wonder why motion blur of all things would be what causes it?

Glad you’ve found a workaround at least, and hopefully knowing that it’s connected to motion blur means that the devs know where to start to fix it.

Well this last update didn't fix it on PC, cant confirm on Xbox, I'm out for a while, but I assume it's the same.

I bet if they would just disable motion blur for that one track and that one camera view I doubt anyone would miss the blur. I think by not having blur or that shake it greatly increases the motion resolution and imersion of the game. Nordschleife looks and feels way better on PC now, just wish they would fix this on the One X now.

I'm really not sure why they would waste all this effort for 4K 60fps just to reduce the effective motion resolution by smearing the visuals with blur.

LoveCake

Seems the #Forzathons have been fixed.

#Forzathon Coming To Town - 5th Jan (ends)
Challenge 1 - Complete 3 Laps in Prague
Challenge 2 - Complete 3 Laps in Rio de Janeiro
Challenge 3 - Complete a race on the Dubai City Circuit
Reward: 2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato

#Forzathon Forza World Tour 1 - 12th Jan (ends)
Challenge 1 - Complete 3 Laps on Brands Hatch in a British Car
Challenge 2 - Go at least 120 mph at Homestead Miami in an 1957 Chevy Bel Air
Challenge 3 - Complete a race on Suzuka in the '92 Honda NSX-R
Reward: 2012 Ferrari F12Berlinetta

#Forzathon Heavy Duty Steering - 12th Jan (ends)
Challenge 1 - Complete a race with Breaking Line Only
Challenge 2 - Complete a lap on Spa at night
Challenge 3 - Complete a Race in a Forza Group Rally Division car in the Rain
Reward: Freezer Burn Driver Gear

Gek54

I can't seem to get credit for the NSX-R forzathon.

Oh and Nordischleife Hood cam shake bug still isn't fixed.

Zimmy68

Rewind is a godsend. If you don't want it, don't use it.

Saves countless minutes restarting races if the AI spins you out in a corner.

SarBear

I love this game to death, but I truly wish Turn10 would prioritize a few issues on PC:

Crash to desktop; my goodness can we figure out the cause of this already? Some days it's unbearable! If it's not within navigation of the menus, it happens when I'm trying to sort through my car list in online multiplayer. OR, it's when I'm sitting through the other players car selections in a lobby. OR, and this one is really annoying, it's when I'm applying a tune to a car in-between online races. Even worse, sometimes it happens while in the middle of a race! I won't even attempt endurance races simply because there's no guarantee that an hour into it my shit won't crash and I have ZERO patience for that shit. It's...horrible and a huge mark against my enjoyment of this game.

Liveries not loading; I think this somehow goes hand in hand with ctd. I'm tired of looking at gray cars. I have more than enough vram, system ram, and horsepower....no excuse.

Micro stuttering; it's been cleared up a lot but it's still there and makes the game unplayable for me. When I'm hot lapping those precious seconds matter, and if I've missed my braking point because of a frame skip it's no longer fun. It's like a constant tick tick tick in my head and it makes me want to rage badly. I'm setting top 10 times and I need a stable frame rate at all times.

Vote to kick; it just doesn't work. Can we fix this shit FIRST? Too many assholes in lobbies that just want to destroy a good time.

Like I said....I enjoy the game, but these problems keep it from greatness. Wish they would focus on these issues more (and getting the leaderboard situation straightened ffs) instead of all the other bullshit.

/rant

I upgraded from my Logitech Driving Force GT today( used for PS3). I am using the TMX Pro mainly on my X1 since my PC can only run Forza 7 and Horizon 3 at medium settings. The force feedback is pretty good. I wish there was a little less plastic but it's a nice wheel.

IMG_20180106_185749718_BURST001.jpg

Last edited:

frontieruk

I upgraded from my Logitech Driving Force GT today! Mainly using this is on my X1 since my PC can only run Forza 7 and Horizon 3 at medium settings. The force feedback is pretty good. I wish there was a little less plastic but it's a nice wheel.

IMG_20180106_185749718_BURST001.jpg

Looks like it will do the job though :)

My wheel died a couple of weeks ago and its way out of warranty. It's the same weird calibration issue a lot of TX and T300 owners have reported. Possibly something to do with the USB cable, I've tried another breakaway adapter but it didn't help.

Thrustmaster want me to jump through a few hoops before they'll consider helping, hopefully it's going to pretty inexpensive to sort out or Forza/Xbox/gaming is done for me.

frontieruk

So I’ve finished the basics of the racing league and handed it to Z zorbsie who’s going to look it over later make sure I’ve not done anything to stupid... though I’m hoping the finale of the championship being the Nordschleife at night in the Polaris with full sim damage on is going to stay in.

There may be a few tweaks and ideas bounced about some of the races and the time on Sundays hasn’t been decided but signups will open this week!

Gek54

My wheel died a couple of weeks ago and its way out of warranty. It's the same weird calibration issue a lot of TX and T300 owners have reported. Possibly something to do with the USB cable, I've tried another breakaway adapter but it didn't help.

Thrustmaster want me to jump through a few hoops before they'll consider helping, hopefully it's going to pretty inexpensive to sort out or Forza/Xbox/gaming is done for me.

I went through several returns before they got me a solid base but it was worth it. If you have any thunk when turning or slop in the column I have figured out some easy fixes. I also just swapped out the internal fan with a silent noctua. Solid, silent and sublime with the right settings in FM7.

frontieruk

Anyone wanting in on the Forza 7 league drop me a pm...

Details as follows

Here's how it works:
Every Sunday we will get together and race. We will be using the homolgamated cars for most of the races. The league will be broken up into 5 series. There will be 4 divisions in each series. For example the first series will be the “American Cup” consisting of NASCAR, Rebirth of Muscle, Indy Car, Classic Muscle(Open). Every week will be a new division. Any car in the division is OK to use as long as it stays within the division limits. Points will be awarded, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings. A race day shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, so it won't be such a huge time commitment for folks. For those that can't make it out but want to join in the fun we'll be doing time trials for the race day track. You can post your times here and I'll keep standings for those as well. We can't verify times exactly so I'll just have to trust you.

We've done this with Forza 5 and 6 and it was a blast. We race fairly seriously, but we are all there to have fun. Don't worry about being a superstar at the game. I always come in the bottom half of the standings but still have a great time. This is a great way to get some multiplayer races in with a group of like minded drivers.

Shooting to have our first week race on January 20th. We will be racing cars in the NASCAR division on Daytona Tri-Oval Circuit.

Big thanks to FrontierUK, I would be totally lost without your help bud.
I'm sure I forgot to mention something. So if you have questions let me know.

So, who's in?

I went through several returns before they got me a solid base but it was worth it. If you have any thunk when turning or slop in the column I have figured out some easy fixes. I also just swapped out the internal fan with a silent noctua. Solid, silent and sublime with the right settings in FM7.

Still wheel-less as I can't afford to repair or replace it. The only progress I've gotten is holding the wheel left on startup to stop it attempting the calibration which allows play with very limited forces. I've had the base open and can't see anything amiss. It's really frustrating. My only option is to borrow the money and try a swaperoo/refund which, truth be told I'm not above doing. If TM end up with my duff broken base and eat the cost I'll not lose any sleep.

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport 7 March 2019 Update

FRR is making it's debut.

Brian Ekberg

Monday, March 11, 2019

The March 2019 update for Forza Motorsport 7 arrives on Tuesday, March 12! Drifters and wheel users rejoice, because March is bringing some great features your way. Not only do we have three drift-ready RTR cars serving as this month’s Spotlight Cars, we also have a new cockpit camera option made specifically with drifters in mind. We’ve also made some improvements to collisions in the game based off community feedback and have added new quality of life improvements for wheel players.

The long-awaited Forza Race Regulations (FRR) feature makes its limited-release debut in Forza Motorsport 7 this month. See below for details on how the closed beta will work and when the general player base will get their first taste of FRR (hint: it’s in April). Finally, the official Forza Discord server is now open for business and we’re inviting the entire Forza community to join and let their feedback be heard. See below for more on how you can get involved with this new platform.

As always you can see the longer list of fixed and improvements in our March 2019 Release Notes on the Forza Support site.

Here are the highlights of the March update, starting with that trio of drift-ready, RTR-powered beasts.

Forzamotorsport.net link to full article

Looks like they are starting to roll out the race regulation updates, adding a level to the sim part of the game that was missing. I've been looking forward to these additions. It's nice that a year and a half after launch, the game is still evolving. I hope they keep this up!

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I haven't played this since 2017, but have recently been interested in how T10 has been listening to the community and improving the game. They're not going to have FM8 out until next gen sounds like and I might check this out again.

Fox Mulder

YouTubers are streaming the closed penalty lobby now. They got rid of the stupid tire walls and penalties look okay.

Rammers won't care about time penalties though. It also seems like you get penalties for getting hit off as you're seen as cutting the track. Another toy for rammers to have fun with.

April 2019 Update

- All cars unlocked

Exclusive, Rare and Forza Edition cars previously only available by completing events are all available for purchase in the car dealer.

- Audio

Reworked some V12 engine audio files. Individual engine audio updates for several other cars to fix bugs or use new source material, including for the Mazda 2-rotor engines, as well as various Porsche and Nissan engine updates.

- Track fixes

Fixed collision issues/bugs on several tracks

-Race regulations

More progress has been made towards including losing placement for penalties. A public beta hopper for race regulations is coming in April

Last edited:
May 19 Update

- IndyCar update.

Includes four 2019 Dallara DW12 Indycars, the 1969 Ford Brawner Hawk III, and a 2018 Corvette ZR1 Pace Car.

- Forza Race Regulations update

Lapped cars will now ghost in both single and multiplayer modes.

FRR is now selectable in private lobbies

Full release notes for May update

The anti-cheat walls are going to become a thing of the past which is a good step for the franchise. I was glad to see sticky grass go away but the massive lines of tire walls breaking up the track sightlines weren't any better. It will be nice to see the tracks looking like they should, wide open.

Top Bottom